Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Installed SLP Skip Shift today and its harder to engage certain gears WHY?

Just hit 500 miles on my SS today and installed the SLP Skip Shift just for the sake of doing it not like it bothered me much.

Well Reverse is freaking super hard to engage even at a dead stop. Second gear also is hard to engage you have to really push and force it in with clutch fully depressed. It wasnt like this yesterday Reverse was super easy to engage.

Is this a trade off or something or is my Tremec starting to give me signs of a defective box?

The more little aftermarket mods i have made all seem to amplify the cars flaws further which is starting to piss me off.

Can this just be my HURST shifter acting up? I really am tempted to switch to MGW I dont care how cool the white ball is or not.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
antivenom

Drives: Too many to list
Sounds like you somehow disconnected the reverse solenoid or it stopped getting power. If that solenoid doesnt activate, reverse will be excessively hard to engage. Maybe you should go under and check all of your connections. You might just have something backwards or something.
antivenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
ok, did you connect the right connector? I did this mod today and my car works flawless. There are two connectors that look the same and will accept the jumper. One is obvious and easy to get to right to the rear of the tranny plugged in by the shif linkage. THIS IS NOT IT! This is the reverse selonoid sensor!

The plug for the skip shift is tucked WAY up on top of the tranny. You can barely see it, let alone get to it. I installed mine today while I had the tranny lowered putting in the hurst shifter. Better make sure you connected it to the right plug!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Bingo the alignment shop plugged mine in today and the guy showed me how easy it was to get to so now it makes sense. SO if thats the case then he plugged into the wrong one.

What wire colors are on the ones I need? I saw some photos of white and gray wires then another with pink and another color.

Which set of wires?

I need to see who is open later to put on the lift and fix.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
un plug it & redo.. think you need to find the plug higher on the trans.. right by bottom of car..... search-there is threads & pics..it really isnt that hard....
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
Bingo the alignment shop plugged mine in today and the guy showed me how easy it was to get to so now it makes sense. SO if thats the case then he plugged into the wrong one.

What wire colors are on the ones I need? I saw some photos of white and gray wires then another with pink and another color.

Which set of wires?

I need to see who is open later to put on the lift and fix.
I didnt get any pics when I did it but I had to do it blind. You really cant see it, its on top of the tranny. It was very easy with the tranny lowered to install the hurst. I can imagine it would be a PITA if it were not.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
I am willing to bet he put the eliminator on the reverse lockout solenoid connector and not the skip shift solenoid. Going into reverse should be just as easy as before if it's installed correctly.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
SpohnPerformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
You have it in the reverse solenoid socket. The correct socket is on the driver's side towards the very top of the transmission.
SpohnPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer View Post
I am willing to bet he put the eliminator on the reverse lockout solenoid connector and not the skip shift solenoid. Going into reverse should be just as easy as before if it's installed correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpohnPerformance View Post
You have it in the reverse solenoid socket. The correct socket is on the driver's side towards the very top of the transmission.
Thanks guys but he already knows what the shop did wrong... I am just glad I consulted Camaro5 prior to my install or I would have done that too. The reverse selonoid is just so easy accessed that I would have just figured that was it too!