Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
So I placed my order a couple days AFTER the pre-order date........

So I placed my order a couple days AFTER the pre-order date....I know, I am an a$$, I blew it. And I have been reading here on and off for a while and actually was hoping to buy the Camaro back in 06 when I first saw it. I just got busy and didn't get a chance to get there before 8PM when they close.

For those of you with a bit more experience, when do you think I will get it??

My dealer told me he had an allotment of 5 and that I am number 5...maybe 4 depending on another customer backing out. He put me in the workbench on 3/18/09 and gave me a printout. It say Order Type: SRE-Retail Sold

I also have a six letter Preliminary order code. It is a small dealer local to me, and I Paid MSRP. The seem very honest and said that it is a guess on their part when I will get it, but their best guess is July/August.

He also stated that his first order was just getting picked now.

So what do you guys think??
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
That's anyone's guess...could be as early as July, or as late as October. Congrats on your order...I dig the set up. Not too many people agree with me on the Orange trim package with the Silver Ice Metallic.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
NOT being a smart alec here but anywhere between May and Oct. Some are getting through quicker than others and there is really no pattern.

Name:  scottysmiley.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  1.8 KBseems to think all the pre-orders will be filled before Aug. but he admits being opptomistic and it is his hunch.

Not really a good answer but it's the best one I can think.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
That's anyone's guess...could be as early as July, or as late as October. Congrats on your order...I dig the set up. Not too many people agree with me on the Orange trim package with the Silver Ice Metallic.
They wouldn't offer it if it didn't look good. I think it looks great, and almost did it but decided against later.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thanks Man! I saw it in person at Sema and was super impressed with the quality look of it! Plus my SKY Redline has a Red/Black Interior an it is Silver.....very James Bond, I get a ton of compliments!
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I ordered mine at the same time you did. I was told possibly around October... but I am thinking it will be sooner now with as quickly as they are getting production ramped up. Part of me wants it sooner, but the financial part of me wants it to be longer so I can save more money for the down and not have to give up my FJ too, I hope others reply with a closer guestamate... but yeah with them pulling orders not based on date ordered... I could see mine coming sooner than later.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
PewterPhil

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I ordered mine at the same time you did. I was told possibly around October... but I am thinking it will be sooner now with as quickly as they are getting production ramped up. Part of me wants it sooner, but the financial part of me wants it to be longer so I can save more money for the down and not have to give up my FJ too, I hope others reply with a closer guestamate... but yeah with them pulling orders not based on date ordered... I could see mine coming sooner than later.
Ordered March 21st, sitting at 3000, dealer says I'll be driving by mid to late May.
I am starting to believe that is just depends on which dealer you bought it from and how fast they are able to order and get them delivered.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 3/28/2009
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 5/9/2009
3400 = Broadcast:5/13/2009
3800 = Produced: 5/22/2009
4150 = Invoiced: 5/25/2009
4200 = Shipped: 5/25/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 6/9/2009

Ordered: Victory red, black stripes, RS/SS auto, sunroof, painted engine cover.
PewterPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
It seems to be all random crap. You will probably get yours before I do and I ordered Oct 15.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
It seems to be all random crap. You will probably get yours before I do and I ordered Oct 15.
Dude, don't bleed your whinning piss-poor attitude into every freaking thread on here. Keep it in your "complaining baby" thread unless you have something constructive to add.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Thanks Man! I saw it in person at Sema and was super impressed with the quality look of it! Plus my SKY Redline has a Red/Black Interior an it is Silver.....very James Bond, I get a ton of compliments!
Very nice Sky!!! Where'd you get the interior done?

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
Congrats on your order. I ordered mine april 1 and my dealer is saying 75 days at the most!!!! who knows lol!!!

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
It's not random crap it's just that people seem to think it's ebay. GM never was a made to order car company. Not even Corvette.

You buy from the lot. This is all just pre order madness. They are not / can't / won't be going to change production methods to an ala a carte. Can't compete with Japanese and Koreans that way.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
LT1Jeep
Ecstatic Camaro SS Owner

Drives: Jeep(s) [1in pieces] and 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Very nice Sky!!! Where'd you get the interior done?
i think the redline versions come that way (except the red tinted carbon fiber dash kit)
Old 04-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Not too many people agree with me on the Orange trim package with the Silver Ice Metallic.
My initial reaction to IO interior was no, but last week my finger was on the button to order it,,, (just like Deal or No Deal). It rocks with all the paint colors combos or they wouldn't offer it. The ONLY reason I chose no deal was for re-sale. Didn't want to limit potential buyers, which it would do for sure.

Now clarification for re-sale so I don't get flamed. IF a Z-28 happened to evolve I want to be first in line to do this all over again. Or possibly the Vert.

IO interior is sick