Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #71
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
almost all of them are about the op being afraid to say or do anything while they get taken advantage of. Over and over.
I disagree. Most of "these" threads are about the OP being reasonable and being called out by anonymous Internet tough guys who promote violence as the solution to all injustices. Let it be...Karma's gonna get them.

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #72
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
I disagree. Most of "these" threads are about the OP being reasonable and being called out by anonymous Internet tough guys who promote violence as the solution to all injustices. Let it be...Karma's gonna get them.

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #73
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
My passengers name is Kimber, and she's 45.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #74
hoz55

Drives: 55, 68, 79, 87, 95, 13
BZ man!

55 210 Sedan, Primer Black, under construction
68 Coupe, Primer Black, 383 stroker, TH350, 4:11 Posi
79 Coupe, 350, TCI TH350, Custom Interior,
87 Coupe, Blue, 2.8L V6, Auto, 310,000 miles +
95 Z28, Teal, 5.7L, Auto, ex-Daily driver
13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Charcoal Int, L99 (Auto) Pype Bombs axel back, Red LED Rear Bowtie, Gen5DIY DRL Harness, 5000K DRL Bulbs, Stripeman Graphics, Weather Tech Floor Liners
hoz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #75
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know what happened to you is terrible as well as disrespectful, but in the end by your doing nothing you did the right thing, and I suspect that this person has already got (or is getting his) just desserts.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #76
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post

Maybe , maybe not. I can agree with you on some points. Mainly the use of guns to solve every little problem.
But I don't agree letting someone key my car who lives next to me, multiple times is reasonable.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #77
PSDSAINT

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Black
Things aren't going to get any better as time goes by. More people will become frustrated and angry as our economy continues to tank, and it will. More people will lose their jobs, homes, family's & cars. The future is not bright and I believe we are all circling the drain! Consider youself lucky that he didn't throw a brick instad of spit!
PSDSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #78
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That sucks. Take his license plate and call the police for assault.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #79
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I would call that a true test of faith. I would say you passed. Thank you for your service and happy you are home now. You've looked down the dragon's throat and you know how to pick your battles. The group you encountered sound like a bunch of losers who were looking to make trouble. You were prudent not to react, imo.
I think I would have filed a police report, try to get a license plate, take that mental picture, and share it with the law.
Personally I take 2 guys with me when I road trip, their initials are S&W .357 and I always pack along a speed loader. Have I ever had to pull it on anyone? No, but there was a close call once. Rather have it along and never need it than need it and not have it.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #80
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
and mine is a Glock 23, gen 4....

but none the less, I wouldn't open fire because some asshat spit at my car....

I got a 23 also but Gen 3. We can't get Gen 4's here yet in CA because of our handgun roster.... I really want that interchangeable backstrap.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #81
CheshireCat666
Die Yuppie Scum

Drives: 2010 2SS Transformers Edition
my opinion... i would have let him spit on my car, follow him, get license then report him to police...sure i would be pissed but i have a wife and kids and would never risk anything in the world to be without them...people just dont care and would kill you just as easy as it was to spit on someones car with them in it...i pick and choose my battles and know when i should/need to react....my car is just a car, my family is my life..not everyone will agree but everyone is different and has different views on life and how to deal with things.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #82
Nessal

Quote:
Very true.

It's a case by case basis.

It's just annoying to keep seeing these threads pop up, daily it seems where the general consensus is hey don't do anyhing. Just be a victim, it's safer.

In another thread some guys neighbor is keying his car, multiple times, and the best advice is take a picture. Lol.

Like people act like they have never been in a fight before in their life.

I'm surprised this is coming from a guy that lives in Chicago where you have so many sheeple like we do here in the bay. It's refreshing for a change.

Btw, if it happened to me, I would have chased the guy down and at least have said something. But I would not escalate it to physical violence unless it was done to me first.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #83
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
There is a bright side to this story

1) When someone does something like this, what they have done is "proven without a reasonable doubt", that you are qualified to say someone is Trash, and not feel guilty, or feel you exaggerated using the term "Trash". The spitter is Trashy Trash.

Question However:

Were you BLASTING your music with the windows down and FORCING A CAR RIGHT NEXT TO YOU TO LISTEN TO THAT? I hate people who BLAST their stereo and FORCE me to Listen to RAP MUSIC, TEJANO MUSIC, PUNK MUSIC....I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE ELSE'S STEREO just because I am at a stoplight. You shouldn't be SPIT on for that, but some people might get angry about that. Turn the radio DOWN at a stoplight, then turn it back up after you are moving and not disturbing anyone.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #84
Nessal

Quote:
No I'm not calling you specificly a coward. I can understand and respect your reasoning behind it all. My issue is about these type of threads ( which I stated earlier) and the fact almost all of them are about the op being afraid to say or do anything while they get taken advantage of. Over and over. They are just simply afraid, not trying to be the bigger man, or let it slide cuz they know they can handle their own, or thought it through. They are just simply afraid.

Being in the navy pretty much proves you can handle your own and take care of yourself. And being a Christian explains why you choose the other route.
I can totally understand that and respect that, which is why I said I wouldn't post anymore.
But I'm neither of those, and I'd be damned if I let my neighbor key my car, multiple times or sit and watch while some guys dog pisses over my car. And not say or do anything. And be encouraged to not do or say anything by people on this forum. It's just not in me.

Now I'm not trying to come across as some bad ass, I'm not a bully and I don't carry a piece with me everywhere I go. But I do own one, and I know how to use it, but I don't run to it like its the solution to all my problems. The way many would say. I grew up fighting so it's not a foreign concept to me to get your hands dirty. I'm a nice guy and I treat people the way I want to be treated. With respect. Cuz I personally know how easily shit can get way outta hand.
But I'd be damned if I let my neighbor key my car, multiple times or watch some guy let his dog piss on my car and not say or do anything about it.
And be encouraged by people here to not say or do anything. Like that's the best way to handle any negative situation you find yourself in. Who wants to live like that? I'm not saying to just go Rambo and come out guns blazing over anything, but don't just sit there either.
Too many of these threads are just people who are simply afraid. And to be honest, nothing wrong with that. If your afraid, that's fine. But don't walk through life being afraid. Do something so you don't have to be afraid. Learn how to fight, take some classes. Get a gun and learn how to shoot it. Do anything. Just don't sit back and get stepped on.

Amen to that. It's the indifference of good men that lets evil flourish in the first place. I'm not a violent person myself and I've never been in a fight that I started. But I'm tired of people telling me to "just let it go" or "its not worth it". Some times justice needs to be served not to make you feel better, but to do society good by making sure this person thinks twice before he/she tries to act out again. And I don't believe in the karma crap. I've seen the worst crap happen to the best people and the worst people causing havoc in people's lives while BENEFITTING themselves.