Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #561
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Third model year to get the suspension right and offer some optional gears? That's pretty unacceptable if you plan on being competitive at all.

Hopefully this isn't the only thing GM announces, but I have a feeling it is.
The Mustang didn't get the suspension upgrades until the 5th year, but you are right unlike the Camaro the Mustang went awhile without any real competition.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #562
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by khabboub View Post
this thread has over 550 posts and i dont think that i am going to read all the pages so i am just going to ask, can those of us with the 2010 camaro get the HUD? i mean i am sure that the 2011 1lt will have a spot for it with a delete panel. so can the 2010s buy them from the performance parts store or something?
As with anything If you have enough money anything is possible...
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #563
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post

Uh you cant buy a dinosaur.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #564
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
Now replace the 2 with a 1....say what?

Martin

Say what?

Martin!

I'm lost and don't know what you mean, but why are you avoiding the subject of you being a banned troll with 157 posts and joining janurary 2010?

Obvious troll is avoiding truth.

on to the subject, I think 426hp is plenty don't get why people are mad they didn't raise it? what is there to change on the new camaro SS, brembos, IRS, great tires. ehh I don't know but that's a beast to me.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #565
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
I'm lost and don't know what you mean, but why are you avoiding the subject of you being a banned troll with 157 posts and joining janurary 2010?

off topic, sorry, but i like your car. i always loved that color on the 4th gens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
off topic, sorry, but it looks like you beat me to updating your sig! haha
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #566
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Some perspectives --

First - -the Camaro team isn't "resting on their laurels" -- more about that in a minute....

Many of you have heard me say "when you change anything on a Camaro or Corvette -- 50% love it and 50% hate it -- and eventually most of those who hate it will change their minds.

HUD -- Our disciples were very specific that we needed this in the new Camaro. Moreover, reviewing the posts on this site will show that many of the very people on this site feel it's important......and so we listened.
No - it's not a 'free-flow' option - and there's a reason - build complexity. And yes, I can see some of you with smoke coming out your ears -- but the fact is that we have to sometimes make hard decisions - and this was one of them. From a personal perspective? I remember driving to the NCM in a caravan with one of the very first 1998 C5s with HUD.....when we got near Louisville, we ran into a cloud burst that seemed to go on forever -- and the HUD allowed me to keep my eyes on the road while also monitoring systems in the car.........I love HUD - -not everyone will - but I think most will.

Synergy Green -- do a search for the subject and you'll see that most were begging us to offer it. It's a VERY polarizing color......and frankly, we weren't sure what the reaction would be once people actually saw it in person -- not just from pictures The reality is that people are lovin' it. It's not everyone's cup of tea - but from my experience standing near a Synergy Green Camaro in many different autoshows -- the reaction is extremely positive. Now - that said -in my opinion, it won't be a 15% runner......but for those who love the color - you can now get one in an LS - an LT or an SS - AND you can get the LT or the SS with RS. You asked: we delivered.

Engines --

Let's not forget-- as many people have mentioned before this post - that the car is still in its first year. Yes - the competition isn't sitting still.......

BUT..........................

............don't lose sight of the fact that the Mustang is not only Ford's "Camaro" - it's also their "Corvette" --

Put another way - we COULD drop the Corvette and concentrate on Camaro only -- and if we did, America (and Canada) should take the entire team out behind the woodshed and shoot us!

Arguably, we're coming out of the worst two years that GM has ever had...not everything we wanted to offer the first or second year of Camaro happened simplby because of Chapter 11...

.....but to assume we're 'done' with Camaro - well -- trust me - we aren't! There are many things being worked on for the future.......(we ARE listening.....)

--But some things don't happen overnight -especially when you are working on a new Corvette..... (and I can't talk about it -- so don't ask....)

So -- if you're a "Camaro-only" enthusiast - you might be disappointed. If, however, you are a "Chevy" enthusiast - you know that our performance cars now start out at 312hp -- and go up way past 600hp in the mighty ZR1 - and there are lots of choices from the bottom to the top........

LS - LT -- RS -- SS -- Corvette -- GrandSport -- Carbon - Z06 -- ZR1 --

......not a bad lineup, my friends........and yet we have many more 'tricks up our sleeves' --

Thanks for listening.......

........thanks for your passion.........

...............thanks for your enthusiasm --

.............and once again: thank you for 'keepin' the faith'

I hope to see a lot of you at Camaro5Fest................

Drive safe -- and put those safety belts on!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #567
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycrusher21 View Post
That isn't what I meant. The Camaro is a great performer for the money, and its performance would be a major selling point. I'm just saying that solely based on a performance aspect someone might buy the Mustang over the Camaro. However, most people won't pick a car on just a performance standpoint. That is where the coolness factor comes in.

I would agree with that. According to the numbers, the 5.0 is quicker. But we still have yet to see it on the streets. Could be generous numbers

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #568
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Quote:

You had 257 posts that you accused me of trolling with. Ok Im a banned troll. Way to go Inspector Gadget. At least Im a banned troll with a new Camaro and not a hater of the new Camaro that posts on a Camaro site.

Do you feel better now?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #569
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
off topic, sorry, but i like your car. i always loved that color on the 4th gens

Off topic, but thats not his car and he probably doesnt know the name of the color.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #570
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Some perspectives --

First - -the Camaro team isn't "resting on their laurels" -- more about that in a minute....

Many of you have heard me say "when you change anything on a Camaro or Corvette -- 50% love it and 50% hate it -- and eventually most of those who hate it will change their minds.

HUD -- Our disciples were very specific that we needed this in the new Camaro. Moreover, reviewing the posts on this site will show that many of the very people on this site feel it's important......and so we listened.
No - it's not a 'free-flow' option - and there's a reason - build complexity. And yes, I can see some of you with smoke coming out your ears -- but the fact is that we have to sometimes make hard decisions - and this was one of them. From a personal perspective? I remember driving to the NCM in a caravan with one of the very first 1998 C5s with HUD.....when we got near Louisville, we ran into a cloud burst that seemed to go on forever -- and the HUD allowed me to keep my eyes on the road while also monitoring systems in the car.........I love HUD - -not everyone will - but I think most will.

Synergy Green -- do a search for the subject and you'll see that most were begging us to offer it. It's a VERY polarizing color......and frankly, we weren't sure what the reaction would be once people actually saw it in person -- not just from pictures The reality is that people are lovin' it. It's not everyone's cup of tea - but from my experience standing near a Synergy Green Camaro in many different autoshows -- the reaction is extremely positive. Now - that said -in my opinion, it won't be a 15% runner......but for those who love the color - you can now get one in an LS - an LT or an SS - AND you can get the LT or the SS with RS. You asked: we delivered.

Engines --

Let's not forget-- as many people have mentioned before this post - that the car is still in its first year. Yes - the competition isn't sitting still.......

............don't lose sight of the fact that the Mustang is not only Ford's "Camaro" - it's also their "Corvette" --

Put another way - we COULD drop the Corvette and concentrate on Camaro only -- and if we did, America (and Canada) should take the entire team out behind the woodshed and shoot us!

Arguably, we're coming out of the worst two years that GM has ever had...not everything we wanted to happen happened because of that........but to assume we're 'done' with Camaro - well -- trust me - we aren't! There are many things being worked on for the future.......(we ARE listening.....) But some things don't happen overnight -especially when you are working on a new Corvette..... (and I can't talk about it -- so don't ask....)

So -- if you're a "Camaro-only" enthusiast - you might be disappointed. If, however, you are a "Chevy" enthusiast - you know that our performance cars now start out at 312hp -- and go up way past 600hp in the mighty ZR1 - and there are lots of choices from the bottom to the top........

......not a bad lineup, my friends........and yet we have many more 'tricks up our sleeves' --

Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #571
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Some perspectives --

Engines --

Arguably, we're coming out of the worst two years that GM has ever had...not everything we wanted to happen happened because of that........but to assume we're 'done' with Camaro - well -- trust me - we aren't! There are many things being worked on for the future.......(we ARE listening.....) But some things don't happen overnight -especially when you are working on a new Corvette..... (and I can't talk about it -- so don't ask....)

I am a ford guy Fbod Father but I think y'all are doing a HELL of a job especially considering the economy and everything GM had to go through.

My hats are really off to you and everyone at GM. And I hope nothing but the best for y'all and GM as a company.

Now I might get back to my friendly rivalry with you GM guys.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #572
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Some perspectives --

Engines --

We're riveted, Scott! Keep 'em comin, and we'll be there every step of the way

Can't wait to get my 2011!

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #573
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
I think 426hp is plenty don't get why people are mad they didn't raise it? what is there to change on the new camaro SS, brembos, IRS, great tires. ehh I don't know but that's a beast to me.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #574
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

PS... What's goin on with the new Vette?

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls