Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Question Any problems with front wheels while turning?

Hey everyone! Need ur feedback. My car is lowered (front slightly lower than rear on Coilovers) and I just installed a set of ZL1 10 Spoke black wheels!! 275's in front and 315's in the rear. Now im worried that with weight the rears might rub. They seem to have decent clearance but more than anything im worried that the front fender will get damaged if I am turning and hit a bump since my car is so low. Has anyone had any issues? I had the factory 21's before with no issues. car was at this same height! here are some pics! What do u guys think? Im about the same height or a tad higher than a ZL1.
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Try it if it rubs ....raise it..
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Try it if it rubs ....raise it..
Yes its rubbing slightly. Might even be rubbing while driving straight and i go over a dip! I already raised it almost half an inch! :(
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
Old 05-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
All-American ZL1
Chevy Power

Drives: 13 ZL1 M6 #123, '98 Jeep Wrangler
Is it the rears or the fronts rubbing? If its the rear do you have a lot of stereo equipment etc. in the trunk that would drop the car slightly lower than normal?
2013 #123, M6 2.38 upper, ID850, dynatech 1 7/8 headers, cats, X pipe, ADM CAI, 160 Tstat, Hurst line lock, tune by FSP
Sebring 2:39.20 MPSS
All-American ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American ZL1 View Post
Is it the rears or the fronts rubbing? If its the rear do you have a lot of stereo equipment etc. in the trunk that would drop the car slightly lower than normal?
No weight in the rear. No stereo stuff. My car is lowered. I have coilovers. Its the front that is rubbing! I raised the car from the front and set the coilovers to full stiff, its better now but when i hit a hard bump it might still hit! prior to stiffining the coils up front the fenders would cut in to the new tires slightly when i would hit a bump hard. I realing my car and the tech set the fronts at -.5 degrees and it help just a tad bit. What is it that the ZL1 has that my SS doesnt that is making me have this issue not sure if anyone else has had something like this happen either!!