Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #197
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
like 12 years ago theres this car sales place in ghetto area of caliornia.. the owner or partner got beaten up by goons or gang or something but he was all in bandages with plasters and all and some guy was sitting with him when me and my friend looking around his cars.. we were walking whole car showroom row on that road.. He thought we were just trolling (actualy we were) and stood up with one crutch and pulled out a freaking Shot gun on us while cursing in spanish.. we ran away loll
Old 11-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #198
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingFish View Post
Years ago while test driving a new 626 for my wife, the salesman, opening the door says, "Welcome to the opulence that is Mazda!" I burst out laughing at him.

This wasn't something they said, but is still kind of funny-- not long after the Mazda incident, I was in the market for something German. We were living down South at the time, and I am a well-tanned individual of native extraction. Now, I typically dress so that I am prepared if ever a round of golf were to break out, so I didn't think that I looked unsavory, but, when I went to the local BMW dealership, not only did no single sales drone approach me, but when I approached one of them, he walked off quickly, not saying a word. So I thought, screw 'em, and went across the street to the Benz dealer. They were a world apart. After test driving a couple, I paid cash for one of 'em.
I've never been in a Benz dealership, but I'm just into my 30's and have been driving an 03 BMW Z4 since 09. I am just a kindergarten teacher now, but when not at work still dress in my punk tshirts and dirty chuck taylors. Every time I take my car in I am treated very respectful at the dealer near my house (Ann Arbor, Mi) as well the few times I took it into other ships as well. Even when I'm in for service the sales people come by and chat with me. Its interesting to hear how different dealers deal with people. When I test drove a camaro this summer at a dealership across from my BMW dealer, even pulling in with my Z4 they really didn't seem happy to see me or even know much about the car I test drove. I think I knew more about the car than the salesman. While he wasn't rude, he seemed disinterested and not very communicative. I didnt let them know this, but i wasn't going to buy from them anyway, but I just wanted to get a feel for the car before I bought mine overseas.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #199
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
We live outside of the US but still have our house in Michigan and kept a 95 Honda Accord Wagon there. This summer my mom put 1500$ into maintaining the car at the place where we have been buying our cars since 1991. A few weeks later the radiator goes and the seals start leaking as well. She took at back and they checked it out, delivered the bad news. We live about 1 1/2 hours away from that place and we barely made it, fighting with the overheating engine and loss of fluids the whole way. It would be another expensive fix and she didn't want to drive it home then back again so she decided to upgrade. We thought of this option before going and knew what they had on the lot. We didn't have any surprises until they only offered us 500$ on the trade in. While I understand their reason it was still a shock. The car had low miles from only being driven one or two months out of the year and the body was in overall great shape. After shelling out 1500$ there just weeks before and then being offered 500 as well as no additional discounts off the Internet price my mom reluctantly traded up to a 2 year old CRV. She got to enjoy that car for a week before we parked it I the drive way and went back overseas. If we parted the Accord or sold it for scrap I think we could have got much better. We just didn't have the luxury of time to deal with.

Last edited by rocknroll_jeph; 11-21-2013 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Sorry- double post, edited to a story!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #200
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Unhappy

2 things:

1) I shopped four Chevy dealers when looking for my Camaro. I called one, told him what I was looking for and asked if he had any on the lot. Sure do, he told me. So I looked at their website and they did not have any new Camaros listed in their inventory. I had made it clear to the salesman that I was looking for a NEW '13 model. I called back and asked why they didn't have the new '13's listed on their website. His answer "I didn't think you could really qualify (?) for a new one.". I didn't go back to that dealership.

2) Worse than that was the BMW dealer. Before the Camaro I had a Mazda Miata. When I was shopping for that I was also considering a BMW Z4. I went into my local BMW dealer in my regular casual clothes driving my Geo Tracker. A salesman met me at the door and asked what I wanted. When I told him I was interested in a Z4 he said that they did not have any used ones in stock. I told him I was only interested in a new one and he said that the only new one they had was the one on the showroom floor. I went over to look at it, read the window sticker and opened the driver's door. At that point he nearly panicked and said, in a loud agitated voice, "don't sit in it". I said what? He replied that customers were not allowed to sit in a new car unless they were ready to buy with a signed contract. I then sputtered out to him "you mean you expect someone to pay $50K for a car that they can't even sit in, let alone take a test drive?". He said those were the dealerships rules. I said goodbye and as I was leaving he had the gaul to tell me that they just got in a retractable hardtop, would I like to see it. I told him in agitated and not too gentle terms that what was the use of looking at it if I couldn't sit in it or drive it. 'Nuf said!
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #201
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Looking for a winter beater the past week so I can mothball the Camaro for a few months. I've met a some interesting characters:

"We've got a lot more into this car than what we are asking- Here's the sheet."
....Yeah, I bet those "500 dollar tires" and that "500 dollar detail job" are burying you in that '09 Pontiac G5 with 60k miles on it.
And at another lot.......
"This car needs to go, its been here six months." (But we're not dropping the price for you, even though you drove 2 hours out of your way to see it)
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #202
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
"We will fix it no matter what it takes"
Old 11-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #203
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
"We will fix it no matter what it takes"
Translation: "We will fix it no matter how much it costs you"
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #204
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Those Blizzak tires (rated at 107mph) on those 18" factory steel rims are considered "performance" wheels because they're for a Camaro, and will cost an extra $10 each to mount and balance.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #205
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Translation: "We will fix it no matter how much it costs you"
It's a warranty thing....
Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #206
StormtrooperJun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
"The Camaro is like a 4-seater Corvette."
StormtrooperJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #207
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
What I have never understood is why do sales people continue to mislead & piss off potential customers to only have them walk out the door. Wouldn't they rather make a little less commission than no commission? Make a potential repeat customer?
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #208
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Jay Leno has one of these babies and says it's his best car.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #209
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
1. "We are the only dealer that can deliver this kind of car to you".
2. "Recaros are only available on the Z28".
3. "We require a $10,000 deposit on any corvette and camaro purchase"....this one I found to be especially amusing. Good thing I was using this dealer for a price quote only.
4. "There's no more haggling over price since all of the prices are the same, and that everyone knows the invoice price".....a dumb statement from many years ago; Naturally I didn't use that dealer.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #210
69SSRS2013LS

Drives: 1969 SSRS Camaro 2013 1LS Camaro
When I purchased my 2013 I told the dealer what I was willing to pay. Cash deal did not even want to test drive it, he came within $200.00 I walked he says "I can't believe your walking away for only $200.00 ". My reply I can't believe you would let me for $200.00 !
Called another dealer from the parking lot gave me what I wanted and had car and paperwork ready with 1 hour
69SSRS2013LS is offline   Reply With Quote