Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #43
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
Not much goes on at 3:30AM. He's just doing his job patrolling the highway. He saw a sports car, followed it for a bit and then pulled you over to check and make sure everything was okay. He was just doing his job and he's well within his right to pull anyone over for any reason.
I hope you aren't one of those people that would let a cop search your car just because he asks to although he has no warrant or suspicion to do so. When are we going to stop allowing them to pull the wool over our heads.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #44
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
3.30 AM....is the key bit of info there.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #45
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Why?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #46
tokyov

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Why?

Apparently, no good can come out of being on the road at the time.
tokyov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #47
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyov View Post
Happened to me once before. Saw the police officer tailgating me for about 15 miles before he decided to pull me over at about 2:30 am. (I was going 70, the speed limit, the entire time). He asked me what I was doing. I responded "driving." Noticing my smart ass response, he asked me where and I said none of your business. I asked him the reason he pulled me over and he said because you I was "suspicious." I asked him if he was told during training that in order to pull someone over for a traffic infraction they must have at least reasonable suspicion. He didnt respond. I then asked him what about me driving was suspicious. He declined to respond. He then said I was speeding and asked for my license & registration (I also give him my Florida Bar Card for shits and giggles). I then let him know he was from Miami-Dade police and we were in Broward County, and this was an illegal stop. He gave me my documents back and said slow down. I asked for his name and badge number which he gave me and I wrote a complaint about him to his department a few days later.

I love enforcing my rights.
your simply WRONG mr i have a bar card. he can enforce state traffic codes anywhere in the state. he may have observed the violation in his local jurisdiction as well and can follow you for a great distance for whatever reason he had. so that complaint was most likely filed in the trash can.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #48
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
So, what your saying is that everyone after 3:30am is doing something wrong. My work causes me to be out driving at these times, and I never once got pulled over for a just because it's 3:30am stop. That makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Why?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #49
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
he's well within his right to pull anyone over for any reason.
is this a joke?
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #50
tokyov

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
your simply WRONG mr i have a bar card. he can enforce state traffic codes anywhere in the state. he may have observed the violation in his local jurisdiction as well and can follow you for a great distance for whatever reason he had. so that complaint was most likely filed in the trash can.

It is obvious you have absolutely no clue what you speak of. Read up on a term called "jurisdiction." I have thrown out numerous traffic infraction citations because the cop gave the ticket 100 feet outside of his jurisdiction.
tokyov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #51
camaro guy

Quote:
It is obvious you have absolutely no clue what you speak of. Read up on a term called "jurisdiction." I have thrown out numerous traffic infraction citations because the cop gave the ticket 100 feet outside of his jurisdiction.
haha. did you learn that in intro to criminal justice? theres a municipal jurisdiction for municipal officers which is a city limits for the municipal ordinances. ex: cant write a miami speeding ticket if the violation occurred in tampa. then theres state jurisdiction which means there are state traffic codes. these state traffic codes can be enforced by any officer in the state anywhere in the state. therefore miami pd can drive to tampa and write you STATE tickets all day long.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #52
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Jackbooted Thugs - Give them a gun and a badge, and this is what a good portion of them become.

With a little thought, people would realize just how close to "Brown Shirts" they are, and how quickly they will abuse there powers, and trample your rights.

3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #53
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Maybe he wanted to see if you were hot?
LMFAO! Well done Sir...lol.

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #54
camaro guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipperFox View Post
Jackbooted Thugs - Give them a gun and a badge, and this is what a good portion of them become.

With a little thought, people would realize just how close to "Brown Shirts" they are, and how quickly they will abuse there powers, and trample your rights.
thats a very negative line of thought you have.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #55
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
haha. did you learn that in intro to criminal justice? theres a municipal jurisdiction for municipal officers which is a city limits for the municipal ordinances. ex: cant write a miami speeding ticket if the violation occurred in tampa. then theres state jurisdiction which means there are state traffic codes. these state traffic codes can be enforced by any officer in the state anywhere in the state. therefore miami pd can drive to tampa and write you STATE tickets all day long.

Maybe in Missouri, not in FL, MS or LA.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #56
Rip

Quote:
Apparently, no good can come out of being on the road at the time.

Didn't realize it was illegal to drive at 3:30 am (I know you're being sarcastic)