Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #29
Shazam613

Drives: Ordered 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I'm confused. They performed the retrofit but they didn't install the bulbs and ballast?
Correct....they performed the retrofit and shipped it to me in AZ. I had professional installers perform the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
They did a incomplete retrofit with cheap knock off parts. They glued the bulb into place instead of doing it the correct way with clips. They didn't install the ballasts because its hard to do that without his car.

What he said....to the letter! right now they are sitting in my office in the box awaiting replies from AAC. Asked for Jonathan's manager's email...nothing sent yet. The next time I send a reply ....a copy of this thread is accompanying the email.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #30
steve@flashtech

Drives: 2004 maserati coupe
WOW for the first time in a long time I am speechless
steve@flashtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
I have only been on here for a few months and have seen more complaints against AAC thank any other vendor. Mirrors, markers...hell most everything they sell.

Everything on my truck (15k) came from on site vendors on a sister forum and I've never had experiences like those I've seen on here.

On c5 I see more and more of this going on. It's a shame because it hurts the reputable vendors on here. Honestly I'm scared to order from most now.

Customer service is EVERYTHING in business. The one I own would surely fail if I conducted business like these guys. I ate 8k one time to please a customer. Over the last four years they've spent over 20k with me. He can attest to the sole reason being customer service.

I'm a small timer; you'd think they'd KNOW better.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #32
Shazam613

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@flashtech View Post
WOW for the first time in a long time I am speechless
Fired off another email to AAC this morning asking to speak to senior management since the last email sent on Oct 26 was auto responded with a message about limited email at SEMA. Can only guess fixing issues is less important.

Received another round of automated e-mails. Guess I'm not really surprised.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #33
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam613 View Post
Fired off another email to AAC this morning asking to speak to senior management since the last email sent on Oct 26 was auto responded with a message about limited email at SEMA. Can only guess fixing issues is less important.

Jonathan is the National Sales Manager for AAC, pretty sure the only person above him on the Totem pole is Justin - who owns the company.

They will get back to you, just give them until SEMA is over.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #34
Shazam613

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
I have only been on here for a few months and have seen more complaints against AAC thank any other vendor. Mirrors, markers...hell most everything they sell.

Everything on my truck (15k) came from on site vendors on a sister forum and I've never had experiences like those I've seen on here.

On c5 I see more and more of this going on. It's a shame because it hurts the reputable vendors on here. Honestly I'm scared to order from most now.

Customer service is EVERYTHING in business. The one I own would surely fail if I conducted business like these guys. I ate 8k one time to please a customer. Over the last four years they've spent over 20k with me. He can attest to the sole reason being customer service.

I'm a small timer; you'd think they'd KNOW better.
My father was a small business owner as well, and one of the most important things he taught me was customer service is everything. Stand behind your product, make it right with the customer, and do what you can to ensure they are a continued customer. " You aren't doing the customer a favor by them spending money here, they are extending the favor to us! They don't have to spend their money here.", was his slogan. He ran that into the ground with my sister and I, but it stuck.

I guess AAC doesn't share that thought. Another lesson learned.

Quote:
Jonathan is the National Sales Manager for AAC, pretty sure the only person above him on the Totem pole is Justin - who owns the company.

They will get back to you, just give them until SEMA is over.
Thanks for confirming. The email I sent this morning was to Tiffanie, Justin, CC'd Jonathan, and copied a few interested parties. Will let you all know how this goes down.

Thanks again for the support! Definitely means alot!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #35
Wooden Heart

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Definitely keep us informed of how this turns out. I'm curious.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #36
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Correct....they performed the retrofit and shipped it to me in AZ. I had professional installers perform the work.

What he said....to the letter! right now they are sitting in my office in the box awaiting replies from AAC. Asked for Jonathan's manager's email...nothing sent yet. The next time I send a reply ....a copy of this thread is accompanying the email.
I've been following this thread and I'm a little confused now. Did AAC ship them to you with the shoddy silicone job or did your installers do that? Forgive my ignorance here.

It's hard to imagine they would've let something that pathetic looking slip by if what I'm gathering is correct.

Good luck
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #37
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
I've been following this thread and I'm a little confused now. Did AAC ship them to you with the shoddy silicone job or did your installers do that? Forgive my ignorance here.

It's hard to imagine they would've let something that pathetic looking slip by if what I'm gathering is correct.

Good luck
AAC shipped them with the glue holding the bulb.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #38
Shazam613

AAC shipped them with the glue holding the bulb in and the silicone job. Supposedly to keep the moisture out. Retaining "clips" were supposed to hold the bulb in. NO retaining clip was found on the right headlamp and the left still has the silicone on it. I assume if I take the silicone off the left one, it's probably a glued in bulb with no retaining clip as well.

Now the interesting thing is, per some of the posters of this thread, there should not be clips on these at all. IF they are true Morimoto D2S projectors as AAC advertised. From what I have researched, my headlamps were NOT retrofitted with Mirimoto projectors.

From AAC's Retrofit thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=HID+retrofit

====

That is RIGHT! We are NOW offering Retrofit Services for Camaro5 Forum Members.

You can now have fully-functional Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights on your non-RS Chevy Camaro with our retrofitting service.

Here is how it works:
1) Ship your factory headlights to Advanced Automotive Concepts.
2) We ship you back retrofitted Xenon Headlights ready to install!

<SNIP>

What do you get for $489?

1) Morimoto D2S true Bi-Xenon HID Projectors:

2) "Gating Gun" Style Projector Bezels:

3) ORACLE D2S Xenon Conversion Kit:

====

So at this time I'm waiting to see what AAC plans to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post

Good luck
Here you go...email from Jonathan....stating they added the silicone then saying they don't modify the projectors. Hmmmm......a bunch of silicone added would be considered what?

===== On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM, <jonathan@aacstyle.com> wrote:
Will,

The reason that we use silicone on the back of the housings is to ensure that you do not get any moisture inside of your headlights; we do this with every Camaro retrofit that is installed here. If you are missing the retaining clips we can replace them here; I am not sure why they were missing though.

Unfortunately we are not able to modify the Morimoto projectors in any way because this is how they come from the factory. If you would like to contact the factory that manufacturers the projectors you may be able to get them to redesign a set projectors specifically for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
AAC shipped them with the glue holding the bulb.

Last edited by Shazam613; 11-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Shazam613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #39
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Why would it get deleted?
Well you figure it hurts their business. It is all about politics.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #40
ActNup NY

Quote:

Sounds like a job for JUDGE JUDY to handle. They need to just make it right. If it's wrong own up to it, and make right and move on from it.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #41
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Sounds like a job for JUDGE JUDY to handle. They need to just make it right. If it's wrong own up to it, and make right and move on from it.
But it seems as if they think its done correctly. They are using knock off parts as well. They advertise as using moritomo products but are using knock offs.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #42
ActNup NY

It's a shame.

Tags
aac, hid retrofit