Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #15
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
Not going to be many mustangs running from the SS/ZL1.
GM has to pull their head out of the sand. Fire Al O first though. Simulate 662 hp did he? Hahahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead08 View Post
Ahh good point I didn't think that outcome was realistic anyways.... So fiction i guess is the right word.

I constantly preach about the dangers of Street Racing - and the stupidity - but I believe that OldJedi was simply sharing a story that he wrote - -

OldJedi - great stuff - you really have a way with words........

As to a few others on this thread......

Let me see -

1. .......and GM would fire Al O. for.................why???

For creating a car that continues to Mustang......? With virtually no retail incentives? And - when fleet sales are removed from the total numbrers , the Camaro disgraces the Mustang even further in terms of volume?

........for creating a car that still turns heads like it was introduced yesterday?

..............for creating a ZL1 that will shock people when they take it on a road course?

Sorry my friend - not buyin' it.............

Al has done a great job with the car -but more importantly - he's been a GREAT leader - and you betcha I'm gonna defend him............. There's no reason to fire him. There's always more to a story.......

And- to another poster:

- the name of the website is "Camaro5" -- not "Mustang5"

And to my friends and comrades - my apologies for being rather abrupt this evening - it's late and it's been an 'interesting' week.......I hope you'll forgive me for my 'tude...........
Old 04-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #16
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedCobra View Post
Simulated are ok...
so posts about a theoretical street race is ok? cant the street racers here then just start their threads with: "what if..."?
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #17
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
so posts about a theoretical street race is ok? cant the street racers here then just start their threads with: "what if..."?

I suppose i can understand your concern -

The difference is that some post real street racing stories.

We all know the tragedy that accompanies all too many street races - and it's downright foolish.

On the other hand - OldJedi has been nothing but the perfect gentleman on this site. (..I wish I could say the same about some others....) His is a story he wrote -- it's meant as entertainment. He did not say that he and his Mustang Buddy went out and had a street race.

There's a difference.

Meanwhile - to put you and others at ease -- might I suggest that OldJedi put a 'disclaimer' at the top of his story?

That way - everyone will understand that he's not encouraging street racing -
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #18
Run and Gun

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS , 1966 GTO
Great story!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #19
fbodfather

Quote:
So, what you're saying is that nearly all Camaro owners(and that gt500 noob) are unable to see the difference between a romance novel vs. and a relality tv show?
No - but what I will say is:

Your location is "internet" -- I didn't know people could actually live there......I guess I'm a bit suspicious of those who use terms like that for 'location'

I think people should show some respect for a valued member of this board (OldJedi) - someone who has always shown class and maturity and has earned his 'stripes'.....

Now - would you agree that OldJedi has talent when it comes to writing?
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #20
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Wow I think that is the first time I have seen Scott get so defensive! Go Scott!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #21
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Wow I think that is the first time I have seen Scott get so defensive! Go Scott!

You're right - I'm a bit defensive -perhaps it's the lack of sleep --

Perhaps it's people taking shots at Al when they don't know the whole story - and they haven't driven the ZL1.

Perhaps it's people not respecting someone like "OldJedi" who is a true gentleman and doesn't take shots at people........

Perhaps it's people who don't even own a Camaro - and never have - that come onto a Camaro site and fail to show respect.

Some of us are 'old school' - and we don't take kindly to bad behavior.....

Sorry if I've offended my Camaro Comrades.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #22
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You're right - I'm a bit defensive -perhaps it's the lack of sleep --

Perhaps it's people taking shots at Al when they don't know the whole story - and they haven't driven the ZL1.

Perhaps it's people not respecting someone like "OldJedi" who is a true gentleman and doesn't take shots at people........

Sorry if I've offended my Camaro Comrades.
No need to be sorry man... The ZL1 is awesome man! I have gotten so so so so so many compliments on the looks and power to the exhaust! Amazing car man!!! I cant thank you enough! Keep kickin' ass Scott!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

And to my friends and comrades - my apologies for being rather abrupt this evening - it's late and it's been an 'interesting' week.......I hope you'll forgive me for my 'tude...........
'tude? Seriously? I don't think there was enough OF it! By all means, Scott, have at'em!

I don't give a damn...cause quite frankly, I'm sick of this being nice to all the Mustang guys who want to join up to stir up sh!t and cause problems.

There are plenty of Stang folks WHOM I LIKE HERE who get along just fine. But those others here to stir up problems? Go back to your pony sites... We don't need the crap here. All it takes is the 5 seconds to click a few buttons and all of your precious time spent typing up your antagonizing posts will go poof.

Yep. Easy as that.

Take your sh!t talking elsewhere.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #24
fbodfather

Quote:
How do I determine on who is a "valued member" post count? writhing style? color of the car in the sig?
PAY ATTENTION:

You drive a Cobra.

this is a Camaro site.... Capice?

You don't show where you live - rather, you hide behind 'internet'

And - I'm sorry - but go back and read your posts (and use spell-check)

I don't mean to be abrupt - but go read a few of OldJedi's posts - and then go back and read the article that started this thread. It's plain as day that OldJedi is a true gentleman.

Now - I'm sorry to be abrupt - but Camaro people see their cars -- and each other -- as family.

When you insult one of the 'family' -- expect to be taken behind the toolshed and have a switch taken to you.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #25
Drake Heminger

I have a good friend of mine who is has been dear to me for over 5 years... he only drives Mustangs... I drive Camaro's... we may have different taste in brands but we share the most important the love for muscle... Never have I ever seen someone be so offended by a post that wasnt being mean towards Mustangs its all in fun... Mustangs are bad ass... you know this and so do I... its all in fun man... we love the Camaro.. understand its friendly competition
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #26
Unobtainium
Fabricator

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
[QUOTE=fbodfather;4873756]

I constantly preach about the dangers of Street Racing - and the stupidity - but I believe that OldJedi was simply sharing a story that he wrote - -

OldJedi - great stuff - you really have a way with words........

As to a few others on this thread......

Let me see -

1. .......and GM would fire Al O. for.................why???

For creating a car that continues to Mustang......? With virtually no retail incentives? And - when fleet sales are removed from the total numbrers , the Camaro disgraces the Mustang even further in terms of volume?

........for creating a car that still turns heads like it was introduced yesterday?

..............for creating a ZL1 that will shock people when they take it on a road course?

Sorry my friend - not buyin' it.............

Al has done a great job with the car -but more importantly - he's been a GREAT leader - and you betcha I'm gonna defend him............. There's no reason to fire him. There's always more to a story.......

And- to another poster:

I know the Camaro has outsold the mustang most months since its release.
The Camaro looks way nicer. That said, it would be great if that were not the only good reason we had.
Say what you will, he talked a bunch of smack and now his baby is gonna get smacked around.
The mag tests should be fun. Hopefully this vast underestimation pushes the platform forward before the redo.
Defending him is fine, but he looks like a goof. He could have just told the truth, but he had to stretch it out and go for broke.
393whp L99
GPI VVT Turbo Cam-in
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #27
TorchedCobra
Banned

Drives: Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Im a very understanding person man... and I appreciate your interest in this site but please dont come on here to stir up stuff... we dont disrespect the Mustangs... its all in fun... I have many personal friends who have Stangs... please just be considerate man
Being new to this retina burning site( it's bad for your eyes to stare at a white screen), it's hard to decipher on who makes a "valued post" vs. members who all day. ya feel me?
TorchedCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #28
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
In before the deleted posts/bans/locked thread
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote