Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
JBA Non Catted midpipes

Who has them and what do you think? I just got some from another forum member and would like to hear some video clips and reviews.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
jdenotter

Bump..

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #3
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Who has them and what do you think? I just got some from another forum member and would like to hear some video clips and reviews.

I have the catted ones and they opened up the exhaust tremendously. I had a muffler delete before and after installing the midpipes, it was much LOUDER. Almost too loud. It will depend on what your current exhaust setup is. If you have a cat back or an axle back system, adding the pipes will give it a lot more volume with about the same sound.

And with the non catted version, you will eventually get a CEL and either have to tune it or just deal with the check engine light being on all the time.
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
I have the catted ones and they opened up the exhaust tremendously. I had a muffler delete before and after installing the midpipes, it was much LOUDER. Almost too loud. It will depend on what your current exhaust setup is. If you have a cat back or an axle back system, adding the pipes will give it a lot more volume with about the same sound.

And with the non catted version, you will eventually get a CEL and either have to tune it or just deal with the check engine light being on all the time.
Even with the extenders? I heard if you have those you have a good shot of not getting a cel.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
NoWhereMan

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Rally yellow
I love mine!! Best bang for your buck IMO. I used extenders and had no cel issues until I had my car tuned. Afm was driving me nuts. I agree with jgalewsk it increases volume while keeping the same sound.
NoWhereMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWhereMan View Post
I love mine!! Best bang for your buck IMO. I used extenders and had no cel issues until I had my car tuned. Afm was driving me nuts. I agree with jgalewsk it increases volume while keeping the same sound.
Nice thanks for the review. I have the aggressive 3" inch exhaust from RDP Motorsports. It has straight through mufflers. It should be loud!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
jdenotter

Wow not many people with non catted ones

Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
I have the jba cat deletes...bought from Janetty. Love them. On a FI car you will get close to the gain of long tubes but with way less money. But think of it this way, you get 15hp for some nice cat deletes or 20hp for some longtubes...that $250 vs $750 or more. See? Naturally Aspirated, I'd do some longtubes instead. Or, if you are cam'ed, I'd do long tubes.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #9
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I have the jba cat deletes...bought from Janetty. Love them. On a FI car you will get close to the gain of long tubes but with way less money. But think of it this way, you get 15hp for some nice cat deletes or 20hp for some longtubes...that $250 vs $750 or more. See? Naturally Aspirated, I'd do some longtubes instead. Or, if you are cam'ed, I'd do long tubes.
Im NA right now. Im looking into a cam package.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Your best bet to try and avoid the CEL is the Vibrant brand o2 extenders... Even then you still may throw codes...

Regular extenders will not work in preventing the CEL (for long anyway).
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Your best bet to try and avoid the CEL is the Vibrant brand o2 extenders... Even then you still may throw codes...

Regular extenders will not work in preventing the CEL (for long anyway).
http://www.modernperformance.com/pro...aliber_exhaust

How about these? I believe Southwest Speed mention these in another thread.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
jonathanmoguel
MM.CC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
i got shorties and cat delete midpipe. i dont have a tune and i have a cel with the o2 extender. imo i think your best bet, is to tune out the cel. i plan to tune my car also. plus i think more hp can be made with a tune anyways.
jonathanmoguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmoguel View Post
i got shorties and cat delete midpipe. i dont have a tune and i have a cel with the o2 extender. imo i think your best bet, is to tune out the cel. i plan to tune my car also. plus i think more hp can be made with a tune anyways.
I plan too sooner or later

Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
PM sent.