Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Finally got it! 1500 miles that is.....Now What?

So i picked up my car on 5/25/12 and put on approx. 68 miles before heading out for the power tour. I drove it to Milford, MI and went as far as Madison, IL and came back. Last night i hit 1500 miles. Now i was expecting ON STAR to come on and say i won some prize for following the break-in procedure and a congrats you have done what most wont be able to do. There i drove some more 1501, 1502,..... now im at 1526 and still no prize.

So my ultimate question is why was this break-in sooo important? I spoke to 3 different people from the GM performance team and they looked at me like i was crazy and had no idea what i was talking about. Maybe i didnt speak to the right people but i found it odd no one could answer. Its almost pointless at this point since i have completed the task in a very short time (5 days) which is more mileage than i put on my previous Camaro in close to 2 years.

Now im excited to see what this car can do and the stress is over and time to enjoy. I could not imagine how anyone can do this over a month+ time. If anyone is familar with IL but I-55 is a VERY LOOOONG straight road that was screaming 100++ mph the entire time. I thought i was going to go crazy. Hats off to GM for building a phenominal car , The wait has been more than worth it and i hope everyone some day would be able to enjoy a vehicle of this caliber.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
So i picked up my car on 5/25/12 and put on approx. 68 miles before heading out for the power tour. I drove it to Milford, MI and went as far as Madison, IL and came back. Last night i hit 1500 miles. Now i was expecting ON STAR to come on and say i won some prize for following the break-in procedure and a congrats you have done what most wont be able to do. There i drove some more 1501, 1502,..... now im at 1526 and still no prize.

So my ultimate question is why was this break-in sooo important? I spoke to 3 different people from the GM performance team and they looked at me like i was crazy and had no idea what i was talking about. Maybe i didnt speak to the right people but i found it odd no one could answer. Its almost pointless at this point since i have completed the task in a very short time (5 days) which is more mileage than i put on my previous Camaro in close to 2 years.

Now im excited to see what this car can do and the stress is over and time to enjoy. I could not imagine how anyone can do this over a month+ time. If anyone is familar with IL but I-55 is a VERY LOOOONG straight road that was screaming 100++ mph the entire time. I thought i was going to go crazy. Hats off to GM for building a phenominal car , The wait has been more than worth it and i hope everyone some day would be able to enjoy a vehicle of this caliber.
We are ecstatic to have you as part of the Camaro family! What is your favorite feature? I am sure you will turn heads all summer long. Please let us know any additional feedback that you have at anytime.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
The best feature..... duh the supercharger lol. its really hard to say what the best one is yet, i havent had too much time to play. a lot of driving and sleeping was done the past few days. 1 thing i can say for sure the car is an attention getter. I saw plenty of other people driving by almost snap their necks trying to get a good look. I dont think i heard one bad thing said about it on the Power tour. Several were clueless on what the car was but thats ok, its easier sometimes not to inform.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote