Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #15
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
omg can you figure out whats going on with mine then??

http://www.chevroletconnects.com/vie...s?track=phrn5h
Old 02-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
omg can you figure out whats going on with mine then??

http://www.chevroletconnects.com/vie...s?track=phrn5h
sure... Here is your history
11/19/2010 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
11/19/2010 - (1102) Order entered via web.
11/24/2010 - (2030) Order edited or modified.
12/06/2010 - (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
12/07/2010 - (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
12/08/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
12/17/2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
12/17/2010 - (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
12/22/2010 - (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
01/19/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. For Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers, please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates as no further updates available at this time.
01/29/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship.
01/31/2011 - (4104) Bailment invoice created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
01/31/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
So clearly yours has not moved an inch and is in QC. Here is an email from John Fitzpatrick I got yesterday regarding Verts. He sent info to all the dealers explaining what was going on and they were supposed to let you know.

"I sent a message to dealers last week and advised them that we had started shipping units, but very similar to the coupe production start, the convertibles are undergoing a thorough quality assessment before they are actually released. This has resulted in a slow ramp up of convertibles shipments. The good news is that everyday more units are cleared for release. If all goes well, we should have the majority of the early builds in the shipping pipeline in very short order."
So keep watching for your 4200 Shipped code. If you get an update please check your history in case you have an out of sequence post like the OP had.
And of course pm me or find me on the connects site and i will be happy to take a look at any time.

Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #17
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Do NOT rely on GM Connects updates!

It has been a very, very stressful 4+ months since putting down $1000 back in early Nov for my Vert... First I fell.to the allocation monster that set me back weeks, then was the 1/11 TPW debacle that got bumped back a month....my car was finally produced on the last day of the 2/7 TPW then shipped on 2/14, then bayed again the next day!!!! Then, my final status update, about a week old now, is that the cars left plant property, dealers invoiced, but hasn't shipped.

Well, that's where I sit now, per GM Connects- however, im holding a printed invoice from GM and my Dealer, showing my car DID in fact ship over a week ago-despite what the web site says, AND, per the rail car tracking system- my car is already in Florida set to hit Orlando (30 miles from my dealer) TOMORROW (2/24)!!!!

So ladies and gentleman who have all been scouting the GM Connects web site, painfully speculating where your car may be, why it hasn't and when will it ship (much like I had been)... there's hope yet! Don't always believe what the site says, your car may be weeks ahead like mine!!! Good luck everyone!

Pics to be posted soon!

I am truly dissapointed to see your post which appears to intentionally cast a poor light on the GM Connects website. GM Connects was primarily designed for dealership personnel. It is not meant to be a replacement for communication between you and your dealership. I am pleased to hear that you have such a proactive salesperson but many are not so fortunate.

Information on GM Connects is extremely accurate however it may be delayed due to various system updates. If this is the case, your history report will eventually update to reflect your vehicles actual production and shipping information.

Hylton Jorssen
Chevroletconnects.com
Old 02-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I am truly dissapointed to see your post which appears to intentionally cast a poor light on the GM Connects website. GM Connects was primarily designed for dealership personnel. It is not meant to be a replacement for communication between you and your dealership. I am pleased to hear that you have such a proactive salesperson but many are not so fortunate.

Information on GM Connects is extremely accurate however it may be delayed due to various system updates. If this is the case, your history report will eventually update to reflect your vehicles actual production and shipping information.

Hylton Jorssen
Chevroletconnects.com
Thanks for the info. How often is the site updated? It seems that every update that I have received (if I remember correctly) has come right at 7:30 est. Are there other updates occuring during the day?

Thanks

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #19
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
Thanks for the info. How often is the site updated? It seems that every update that I have received (if I remember correctly) has come right at 7:30 est. Are there other updates occuring during the day?

Thanks
We actually update every two hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
However most factory updates happen over night and report the previous days activity. Those hit GM at around 3 Am eastern time and as soon as they are available they usually are picked up by us between 4 and 6 am eastern time...Thus is why most updates get sent out at around 6 am eastern time.

AAG and Cassens Trucking update 24 hours a day.

And railroad reports can happen at any time.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #20
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Wow...why did you not ask us what was going on and to help you to understand your event history. Your history is developed by many sources and as they are submitted each night they post in the order they are received. In your specific case you can clearly see that many of the events went out of sequence. Here is what I see as your actual event history.
11/16/2010 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
11/16/2010 - (1102) Order entered via web.
11/24/2010 - (2030) Order edited or modified.
12/13/2010 - (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
12/15/2010 - (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production systemu.
12/15/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
12/17/2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
12/17/2010 - (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
01/12/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/29/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/29/2011 - (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
02/04/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
02/10/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. For Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers, please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates as no further updates available at this time.
02/14/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship.
02/14/2011 - (4104) Bailment invoice created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
02/14/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
02/15/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
02/15/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
02/16/2011 - (4106) Bailment released (vehicle has left plant property).
02/16/2011 - (4150) Invoiced (order is invoiced to the dealer).

From what I see it clearly shows your vert left on 2-15 but the bailment released and dealer invoice was not posted until the 16th which is no big deal

So on the 16th you saw your last post of 4boo which you might have though trumped the actual shipping but in reality your car was scanned and bayed just prior to its shipping.

So sorry if you did not understand how this data is interprited. All data is directly from GM and is the most current available on the system. Keep in mind that the dealer is limited to just thru the build 3800 and to get the logistics they must contact the DBC via phone to get updates.

All I can say is myself and our entire staff of volunteers are constantly monitoring many forums as well as our own forums and if anyone ever has a question we are always willing to try and help. The rollout on the Vert has been like all other rollouts. New and confusing for everyone with no real trends to base anything on. But I can assure you that the data is as good and current as available.
Thank you for the information. My biggest complaint during this whole process has been lack of communication. It initiated with my dealer and trying to get an explanation of the allocation process, which eventually lead me to GM Customer service- where I actually had a good, responsive rep who was able to get me answers in a timely and understandable fashion. However, once the QC issue arose, and my TPW got inexplicabley bumped, my dealers response was "that happens in the system, before it goes forward, it goes back..." after that story wore thin, I reached out to GM CS again, kept reaching his voicemail and left 2 seperate messages over 5 days without a return call. Ironically, today I received a call from a different rep calling on behalf of the original, asking me if i'd received my car yet. After I responded no, she advised she'd get an update and call right back... still no call.

My (long winded) point is communication goes a long way to appease people. Customers have spent a lot of their hard earned money on vehicles we haven't even seen yet, and with all the tracking software out there, the explanations need to be better( or at least avaliable) . I can completely understand set backs, appreciate thorough QC etc, but keep us informed in the mean time. I thought I was doing the right thing by contacting GM and waiting for a response...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #21
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post

Hylton Jorssen
Chevroletconnects.com
It is not so much to cast a bad light on the site, as it is to inform people, who much like me, watched that system daily praying for an update and some information as to where our $25,000-$50,000 investiments were, that our cars may be further along than the site claims. The current update shows my car at a 4150 status, a step backward from previous updates- with no explanation as to why. So myself as a consumer am wondering yet again, why my car is regressing in status, instead of moving forward. As I mentioned before, I called GM to get an explanation and I didn't receive a call back despite (2) seperate messages left.

The site is very helpful and i was very appreciative of having some form of updates other than bothering my salesman constantly, however my point was merely that the most current status update may not be acurate and the car may be further along, as is clearly the case with mine. Keep in mind, prior to this thread there was no explanation of status progression/regression. And if nothing else, perhaps now there's a little more info out there to ease others anxiety facing similar situations.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #22
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
Now that we've opened this can of worms. What in the world does mine mean? Thanks.

http://www.chevroletconnects.com/vie...m/order/PHVRZX
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #23
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeec View Post
Now that we've opened this can of worms. What in the world does mine mean? Thanks.

http://www.chevroletconnects.com/vie...m/order/PHVRZX

i did the same thing tho hahahaha
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #24
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
Maybe GM just doesn't like Va.
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #25
Angella
~Living the Dream~

touche!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #26
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
It is not so much to cast a bad light on the site, as it is to inform people, who much like me, watched that system daily praying for an update and some information as to where our $25,000-$50,000 investiments were, that our cars may be further along than the site claims. The current update shows my car at a 4150 status, a step backward from previous updates- with no explanation as to why. So myself as a consumer am wondering yet again, why my car is regressing in status, instead of moving forward. As I mentioned before, I called GM to get an explanation and I didn't receive a call back despite (2) seperate messages left.

The site is very helpful and i was very appreciative of having some form of updates other than bothering my salesman constantly, however my point was merely that the most current status update may not be acurate and the car may be further along, as is clearly the case with mine. Keep in mind, prior to this thread there was no explanation of status progression/regression. And if nothing else, perhaps now there's a little more info out there to ease others anxiety facing similar situations.
We have been asked not to discuss the service on Camaro5.com hence the reason you do not see any information. I suggest you contact us on the site in question and we will be more than happy to reply to your concerns.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 AM   #27
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
Drago, much love and I know your story w/ your previous car gone, but you remind me of my patients who constantly nag me on the phone to see if their Dr approved their vicodin prescription refill. Keep fighting the good fight for us

And a big thanks to the tracking websites. Without you, I would be completely clueless as to what's going on with my car
modawg2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #28
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by modawg2k View Post
Drago, much love and I know your story w/ your previous car gone, but you remind me of my patients who constantly nag me on the phone to see if their Dr approved their vicodin prescription refill. Keep fighting the good fight for us

And a big thanks to the tracking websites. Without you, I would be completely clueless as to what's going on with my car
Very ironic to be compared to an addict, being in the line of work I am... its not just about the lack of wheels right now- this purchase is a very, very symbolic thing for me and without getting into too much more on a pub forum, i'll leave it at that.