Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #57
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Called it.
Amen

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #58
brotherben

Drives: 1994 camaro 6 cil. all stock
nice, At a red light today I had a 07 v6 mustang pull up next to me and revved his engine, So at the green light we went and the speed limit is 50, So from 0-40 I had him by a half of car, then when I hit 45 I got off the throttle so I could coast to 50. He kept going to 60, I don't believe in braking the law so I didn't go after him. By the way I have a 94 v6, the only aftermarket thing is the flowmasters. My car is 13 years older than his and it could still hold its own.
brotherben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #59
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
Sorry to keep u guys waiting on the results my internent was down all week end and It just started working this morning. We went to the road at 5:40 and looked for the street and we were ready to go by 6:00 , we made our start line with some dirt, and my camaro has a trip meter so i measured a 1/4 and planted a branch as the mark. His stang and my camaro are both red so for some reason seeing them lined up looked pretty awsome. We lined up and i hit the horn 3 times and we went off the mustang has more acceleration but only till it hit about 30mph then it started slowing down and i was always was on the middle of the car and we were about half way but near the end i got to about 85mph and i guess thats when i noticed my upgrades like my air intake and stuff were helping me out. and i flew by him!!! going to the end his nose was probly on my rear tire! so i won the 1st race, but the second my timing was of and i lost the second one by atleast a whole car..... so we raced 2 more times and i won both!!!!!! We stoped at like 7:10 and at the end of the last race he told me i had a good car for being stock (i never told him about the upgrades haha) and said good racing but he still thinks the mustang is better..-_- I rubed it in his face untill he went back home and i patted my camaro good job and drove back home with a big smile. but I doubt that our arguments about chevy and ford will end here but atleast i could shove this event in his face as proof!! CAMAROS KICKS F*ING ASS!!!!
That's a great win.

As usual, keep it safe.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #60
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherben View Post
nice, At a red light today I had a 07 v6 mustang pull up next to me and revved his engine, So at the green light we went and the speed limit is 50, So from 0-40 I had him by a half of car, then when I hit 45 I got off the throttle so I could coast to 50. He kept going to 60, I don't believe in braking the law so I didn't go after him. By the way I have a 94 v6, the only aftermarket thing is the flowmasters. My car is 13 years older than his and it could still hold its own.

Actually, stop light racing is a crime in most states.....it's called reckless acceleration, display of excess speed, engaging in an unlawful contest of speed, etc. Just don't get caught or hurt anybody.
EMB135Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #61
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
CAMAROS KICKS F*ING ASS!!!!
Amen.
haha awesome job and no one got hurts thats great :-)

interesting he didnt take a look under your hood at all and see any aftermarket parts? I know a mustang gt that got raped by a honda accord (accord had an integra motor with a turbo)...i guess mustang owners never heard the term Know thine enemy eh?

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #62
brotherben

Drives: 1994 camaro 6 cil. all stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Actually, stop light racing is a crime in most states.....it's called reckless acceleration, display of excess speed, engaging in an unlawful contest of speed, etc. Just don't get caught or hurt anybody.
I wasn't trying to be reckless, I did not intend to go over the speed limit or race the guy. I just took off and he followed. I don't do this (accelerate quickly) often, it eats or should i say drinks gas.
Here is the law in florida:
(2)(a) A person may not:

1. Drive any motor vehicle, including any motorcycle, in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, or exhibition of speed or acceleration or for the purpose of making a speed record on any highway, roadway, or parking lot
brotherben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #63
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
In some places, I believe it is also known as exhibition of horsepower.

In any case, I don't want to have a roast of anyone who has ever street raced. I just want to do my part to avoid recklessly endangering lives. I'm not passing any judgement. I would love to have a highway showdown, but it's too risky for me and the other driver. I don't want to race for pride and lose my life.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #64
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherben View Post
I wasn't trying to be reckless, I did not intend to go over the speed limit or race the guy. I just took off and he followed. I don't do this (accelerate quickly) often, it eats or should i say drinks gas.
Here is the law in florida:
(2)(a) A person may not:

1. Drive any motor vehicle, including any motorcycle, in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, or exhibition of speed or acceleration or for the purpose of making a speed record on any highway, roadway, or parking lot
so what if your doing it for the purpose of fun?

EDIT- im not trying to be a smartass just curious if that would be a loophole heh

One day....
Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #65
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DntWrryBeHappy21 View Post
so what if your doing it for the purpose of fun?

EDIT- im not trying to be a smartass just curious if that would be a loophole heh
cops don't care (I assume) to them it'll still be exhibition of HP or speed or what ever you wanna call it
Old 09-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #66
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
In some places, I believe it is also known as exhibition of horsepower.

In any case, I don't want to have a roast of anyone who has ever street raced. I just want to do my part to avoid recklessly endangering lives. I'm not passing any judgement. I would love to have a highway showdown, but it's too risky for me and the other driver. I don't want to race for pride and lose my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
cops don't care (I assume) to them it'll still be exhibition of HP or speed or what ever you wanna call it
It's been my experience that you better not even chirp the tires at all in traffic. There was an instance a long time ago when I accelerated from a light enough such that when my car went over the rutts in the road the tires broke loose enough to eek a few times. The cop thought I was racing the Camry next to me and I was charged with exhibition of speed. I didn't even get to the speed limit. I just wouldn't, and don't drive like that because that was an expensive ticket and I got two points on top of that because I plead down to a misdormeanor (?sp?)

I say, just keep it off the street and take it to the track where it's safe and controlled.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #67
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
It's been my experience that you better not even chirp the tires at all in traffic.
My friend got a ticket for that because he accelerated off at a light (for a split second) and his tires spun out....so yeah I guess anything involving NOT DRIVING NORMALLY should be kept off the road
....my camaro is going to be babied not raced

One day....
Old 09-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #68
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
It's been my experience that you better not even chirp the tires at all in traffic.
i guess ive been pretty darn lucky than. i do live in a smaller area tho, but still. im not going to chirp on public streets anymore. lol
ive already had one speeding ticket, i dont want another.

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #69
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Remember, in my case, it wasn't just a ticket. Acutally, I was wrong, it went from misdorneanor to an infraction but was STILL two points. My tail still hurts from the increase in my insurance rates, OMG.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #70
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
Yea i wouldn't race in public either, as i said i did it in a abondaon street and it was FUN but i don't want to race anymore unless its on a track. That time we raced we really had to get that outta our systems tho.
TonytheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote