Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
What to use to Clean the Interior Plastics?

I use the Meguire's Supreme Shine to "clean" and shine the plastics in my interior. But it really isn't a cleaner. What I'm looking for is something to use as a cleaner so when the assholes get in and out of my Camaro at the dealership, tire shop, or body shop and leave grease and "shop dust" on my door ledge, door handle, and dash. I love what the Meguire's does shine wise, but I need an honest to goodness cleaner!!!

How the guy left my wife's Audi Q5 when he switched winter's for summer's was just plain ignorant! Finger prints all over literally every surface. How hard is it to wash your hands before entering a $60K vehicle? I'm going to bring this up with the manager when I take my Camaro in to have my new rims put on. Why go back? Because they do excellent work!
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Adam's Interior and Leather Cleaner.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I use Armor All wipes. They leave no oil and smell good, not like regular Armor All's old milk smell. When I want some shine I wipe some Turtle Wax FS2 plastic and vinyl protectant.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Big C CamaroSS

Steiger.....is that the aerosol can cleaner? And it is an actual cleaner! Not just a "shiner"?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I use the Meguire's Supreme Shine to "clean" and shine the plastics in my interior. But it really isn't a cleaner. What I'm looking for is something to use as a cleaner so when the assholes get in and out of my Camaro at the dealership, tire shop, or body shop and leave grease and "shop dust" on my door ledge, door handle, and dash. I love what the Meguire's does shine wise, but I need an honest to goodness cleaner!!!

How the guy left my wife's Audi Q5 when he switched winter's for summer's was just plain ignorant! Finger prints all over literally every surface. How hard is it to wash your hands before entering a $60K vehicle? I'm going to bring this up with the manager when I take my Camaro in to have my new rims put on. Why go back? Because they do excellent work!
Actually, it is a cleaner and protectant. By definition, all cleaning means is that you're freeing the surface of any visual contaminants, which a protectant such as the one you use will do. Theoretically, you can spit on a towel and rub it on the kick panel to remove a scuff from your shoe and if it is gone, then you "cleaned" it.

If you want just a pure cleaner, Meguiar's makes their Quick Interior detailer with the purple label. It will remove the protectant off the surface if you use it, though. I'd just continue using the protectant and buff the chrome or hi-gloss areas to a shine, since the protectant will smear.

I think the red-label "Natural Shine" one is a lot better myself. I don't like too much gloss.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Big C CamaroSS

Thank you very much nuclearenvoy.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Steiger.....is that the aerosol can cleaner? And it is an actual cleaner! Not just a "shiner"?
No it's a liquid. Comes in a spray bottle. Yes it cleans.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Werkstat Satin Prot is hands down the best.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
MagnusKrans

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS L99
I use Turtle Wax Ice total interior care because it doesn't leave everything all shiny and slippery, just clean. I don't like alot of gloss or greasiness on my interior plastic or alot of product odor and this stuff works well for me.
MagnusKrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
I just use an APC diluted then wipe it down with a wet rag after. Then I dress it.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote