Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
RestoRoc89

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
IOM 1SS Ordered Today!

Hello All,

I've been lurking here for a few months, but finally took the leap and ordered my IOM 1SS today (two days before the order cutoff date in Canada). As a long-time Camaro nut with a 1989 Iroc-Z and a 1993 Z28 in the garage already, I figured that my daily driver ought to reflect my affliction. Since the other two cars are never-ending projects, the "plan" is to make few modifications to the 2010 (other than perhaps a Hurst shifter and Magnaflow exhaust) and drive it for as long as it will run...let's hope I don't develop TOO much of a soft spot for it. Has anyone else here put snow tires on their SS?

Details are as follows:

-black interior
-Boston Acoustics stereo
-polished wheels
-Arctic White rally stripes

The dealer told me that I can expect to wait as long as 10 weeks for delivery, so let the countdown begin. I look forward to soon sharing in the excitement with everyone else here.

RestoRoc89
RestoRoc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
OH yeah ,i did install sun tires just in case stop raining here [CALIFORNIA]
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
RestoRoc89

Consider me jealous, oldfriend!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
welcome.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Welcome to Camaro5 And congrats on the order. I bet you wait is less than 10 weeks.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
awesome order
Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
mister_goods1
Orange Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM
NICE CHOICE....YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED...I WASN'T...LOL
mister_goods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
That is going to look great !
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Congrats! IOM is beautiful and I love the way it changes color with lighting conditions. Almost went with the white strips, but I went with the IO interior, black stripes, and GFX. I still get positive comments at least twice a week. Just yesterday, I ran into a guy I hadn't seen in 10 years but he had already heard about my car... Enjoy!
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
DyerCamaro
Tom, Jen and Atlas

Drives: 2011 IOM 1SS/RS
My car may be right beside yours in production. We ordered a 1SS IOM with premium sound and plan on putting white bumble bee stripes on it that go over the roof. We are also considering the hurst shifter and exhaust. my order status is only at 1100 so the car should be here by mid June. Great choice on colors. Post some pics when your ride arrives.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
RestoRoc89

Well, this has been a roller-coaster week and I'm a bit disappointed with GM right now. My dealer showed me his paperwork from GM stating that the sold order cutoff date was April 15. I placed my order on April 13. One should easily enough be able to order a car and get what they want. The dealer processed the order right away and gave me the workbench code. I have been calling GM Canada regularly for weeks to inquire about order status. It turns out that my order was accepted as a "preferred" order, which GM explained means that it only gets built if the number of orders reaches a certain lot size. The take home point is that my 1SS will not be built. I can convert my order to a 2011 and wait forever (and continue to pay for my current daily driver that I don't want).

Okay, fine. Then the dealer gives me a good price quote on a 2SS/RS and finds one at another dealer with IOM exterior and IO interior. Sweet. Now I'm stoked and I tell the dealer to make it happen. However, the dealer didn't act quickly enough and that 2SS got sold. Finally, I supposedly have an IOM 2SS/RS with black interior coming from yet another dealer. If this doesn't work out, I see a BMW 335i in my future. Either way, I doubt I'll buy another GM car (I should mention that this is the 10th car I've bought from this dealership in the last 15 years...). It shouldn't be so difficult to give one's money away. As a final kick in the ass, over the last several days, the GMAC interest rates went up. Because my original order didn't work out, now I have to buy the new car at the higher rate. F$#@!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Understand your frustration. I ordered, in Ottawa Ontario, Tues. May 18, a 2011 2LT. Was told by my dealer they placed their last orders for 2010 models first week of May (not your dealer cutoff date mid April)! Was told my order was their first 2011 preorder & my order was suppose to be processed to factory by end of week, May 21. Emailed my sales person Monday evening June 07, requesting dealer order # and current tracking code. Now Wed. June 08, early evening called dealer, asked for sales rep., no one knows where he is. At this point, 3 weeks after I ordered, do not even know if my order is in the pipline.
My additional frustration, I turned over the title of my daily driver trade-in on May 18, so I am now only driving my summer car, 1998 Buick Riviera. Dealer told me May 18, I could expect delivery end of June, 1st week of Aug. Purpose of trading/buying now was so I could drive to the states for my vacation 1st week of Sept. My purpose was I did not want to (will not) drive my low mileage Riviera to the states this year. If I don't get delivery of my Camaro by no later than 3rd week of Aug., I must cancel all vacation plans this year which also affects two friends in two states, as we vacation together. Based on suggested delivery date no later than early August, our vacation hotels, etc. have already been reserved for 1st week of Sept.
Do not know why GM Canada charges Canadian dealers so much more money, passed onto the buyer, then GM US charges their dealers. Do not understand why tracking production of a Camaro bought in Canada is so much more difficult than in the US. The darn car is made in Canada and I can drive to the factory in 4-1/2 hours!
Sorry for the rant. Just that this USA expat is not very happy with the way GM Canada deals with Canadian buyers for an auto made in Canada.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote