Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #71
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
I agree with what most have mentioned. Personally I don't think it's limited to just Rock. Mainly I'm a Hip-Hop guy and even that genre today is filled with crap. A lot of techno, auto-tuned, synthesized garbage. I've actually stopped listening to the radio mostly. And typically when I've watched recent award shows the live performances are terrible. Like Kid Rock said this past Sunday "Let's give it up for people lip-synching under pre-recorded music!" There's not a lot of "soul" and effort placed in to much music today and it's sad. I can't remember the last time a bought someone's album that was actually worth paying for.
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #72
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Ha ha y'all - I'm just thinking "man, my mom and dad hated the stuff I listened to in high school, Deep Purple, BTO, Led Zepp, et al - they thought it was horrible and not music at all." You guys sound just like them! They liked Mitch Miller, Tony Bennet, etc.
Now, my guy loves all this hard "rock" - I tease him about it "honey, they sound so angry, what's wrong with those kids?" "Gee, I wonder if that guy realizes he's off key?" I'm not a fan, I like country music so have at me, haters! But then, there's a lot of country music now that should be in the pop genre instead. Give me Jennings, Johnson and Jones; I'll be happy.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #73
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
i hear ya, most of it should be called pop

or poop......
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #74
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Thats their first single off their new album, just released a few days ago. They have a 2 part album coming this year. First one hits some time this summer, the second will be in the fall.
That song rips!
And Rob Halford sings the second part.
Bad ass song.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #75
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
call me crazy... snippet of a new song.\
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #76
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Give me some Alice in Chains, there just aren't any bands like that any more, Seether and linkin Park are two of the more modern one that I like, though LP stuff lately is way to synthetic for me. like the grungy dirtier sludgy stuff much better. Have been know to listen to AIC for weeks at a time!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #77
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS10's $ponsor View Post
From what I've heard, Justin Beiber called himself the Kurt Cobain of today.
if were lucky maybe he will go the same route and save out ears the agony!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #78
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
My first guess is a lot.

Anyway, yeah, very rarely do I hear a new artist and enjoy it and want to hear more. One thought could be, and I'm spitballing here, that with so many more genres today the talent gets spread out more. So it's possible than in order to find the same number of talented musicians today, as compared to 40 years ago, you might have to spread out a little and find the top very few of each type of music, instead of all of those individuals being categorized into just a few types of rock, r&b, or country. That is really just a guess, I really have no idea.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #79
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
almost everything made after about 1998 is purely disposable music. no hit wonders..
Are you kidding? !998? It was way earlier than that. this is only because I couldn't fine that one that says you're crazy.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #80
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I agree with some of what you said, and I as well love the albums, and bands you mentioned. I grew up in the 80's, and yes some of it was embarrassing, but let us not forget the 80's gave us Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, we even got one of the best rock/metal albums of all time Appitite for Destruction, and a ton of other killer bands that changed the way it was done.

And not all hair metal bands sucked either, granted toward the end of the 80's it all got watered down, even one of my favorite hair bands pissed me off after their first two albums, and that was Mötley Crüe. I loved the first two albums, then came out that girls girls girls/home sweet home crap..

I miss the 90's early 2000's music more then the 80's, I even miss the rock/rap nu-metal era of that time. Limp Bizkit was so energized live during that time, it was awesome..

But TOOL, NIN, White Zombie, and a few other are still my favorites..
Just reread your post

Reminds me of Linkin Park. First two albums (not counting ReAnimation, though that one does have its moments) were great. Since then? Ugh.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #81
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
My first guess is a lot.

Anyway, yeah, very rarely do I hear a new artist and enjoy it and want to hear more. One thought could be, and I'm spitballing here, that with so many more genres today the talent gets spread out more. So it's possible than in order to find the same number of talented musicians today, as compared to 40 years ago, you might have to spread out a little and find the top very few of each type of music, instead of all of those individuals being categorized into just a few types of rock, r&b, or country. That is really just a guess, I really have no idea.
That might be part of it. If you really want to, you can find a number of artists in any obscure sub-genre you can think of. European symphonic metal? Do you want that with only a female singer, or with a beauty/beast (female & male) dual vocalist pairing? In what language, their native tongue or English? Perhaps you're into crunkcore. If so, do you lean towards the punk, hip-hop, techno, or metal end of things? I could go on. There will be standouts in their individual micro-genres, but how do you compare the best Japanesse pop act to the best redneck rap outfit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Are you kidding? !998? It was way earlier than that. this is only because I couldn't fine that one that says you're crazy.
I'm sure the year shifts based on when each individuals 'music era' was
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #82
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
It's all about getting older ... All our parents use to say the same thing we are now. For myself, I don't listen to much after the 70's ...
Old 11-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #83
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
I'm not a fan of today's music I got into the Metal, Grunge alternative and being Canadian some stuff most of you haven't heard of Tragically Hip, the Trews, Billy Talent. Kinda stayed there I'm pretty much stuck listening to the same 2000 songs on my iphone lol. Similar to the way my father would listen to his 8tracks of 50's music and so on. I hear all the bee bop deluxe and screamer rock at work and it doesn't impress. The company provides free XM throughout site. I have heard some new stuff that I like and added to my listening repertoire

It means we are all getting older and we like what is familiar to us. I'm sure in 20 years today's youth will be asking the same questions.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #84
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
I can't get to the sites that stream any music, but find the Reverbnation site for Electro_Nomicon. I just got their new release a couple weeks ago. If you were or are a Dio fan check it out. Very much worth a listen and a buy.

http://www.reverbnation.com/electron...of-a-dream-mp3

Last edited by Yendor; 11-14-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Added Link-Listen to it
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote