Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
crazyduc996

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS convertible
1st-2nd-5th shifting resulting in a grind of reverse

I put a skip shift eliminator on last summer shortly after getting my camaro, I will usually do a hard pull in 1st and 2nd and then go straight to 5th, because by then I am easily at speed limit territory, however far too often it goes into reverse and grinds for a split second while I react.. have any of the rest of you experienced this or is this just unique to me... I fear the problem will get worse with the addition of my Hurst short throw... I will also add that I do not feel a reverse detente or anything blocking me from reverse...????

Mike
Thanks in advance
Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Go into 6th gate for a split second then go to 5th. You can avoid the 5th gear miss. You are pushing too hard if you are hitting reverse. Yes I have done it myself.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote