Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #57
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28man2 View Post
**UPDATE**
my dealer emailed me & stated that GM would not refund me my money, but got authorization to install another supercharger. This car is $56k with a hefty monthly payment, this car has 120 miles on it, this has been ongoing since July 5 is when i purchased the first car & finally got this car in my garage on July 26. GM is paying the first payment for me, gee thanks alot, its not like i got to even enjoy the car yet

Really what i should do is take the car to every car show possible & put a big sign out front of the car & advertise the noise stating that this is what $56k gets you from GM!

As anyone can tell im livid about this situation & I feel i have every right to be.

Any GM person can contact me at 267-446-5301 to discuss this if you would like.
I can't imagine your frustration, but we also know that this has been a problem on the CTS-V's for years now. I know what I was getting into 3 weeks ago when I bought my ZL1. If it rattled, GM might not be interested in fixing it.
Here's to hoping your new blower isn't as noisy as your current one.

Quote:
I say we file a class action suit on GM. We Camaro ZL1 owners need to stick together on this & maybe GM will open there eyes. We are spending a lot of money for JUNK!
I wouldn't call this car junk, not at all. Every new car has the potential to have some "gremlins" and as long as your dealer has a competent service adviser and techs....they should easily be able to work those bugs out.
At least, I hope so.

I hope that GM gets both of you guys taken care of. As a fellow ZL1 owner whose car has less than 500 miles on it, I don't know how irate I'd be if I wasn't able to enjoy my car right after buying it.
So far, so good....with mine. Knock on wood.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #58
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
part of car is unacceptable to customer
GM offers to replace the unacceptable part
customer is still angry.

Can anyone explain to me what else GM can do? They don't make the damn supercharger, they install it on the engine. when it fails or is unsatisfactory, they replace it for the customer.

Please people, you bought a $56K car. Great, good for you, but at the end of the day, it's still a machine. Parts break on machines. Be happy there is a warranty behind it to replace said broken parts.

You'll be without your car for two days. Keep an eye on the weather station and you won't even notice it's gone. Pick two rainy days.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #59
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
OP, I hope GM steps up and helps you out. Completely ridiculous!
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #60
Genob4c

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
I think if they replace the SC and the noise is gone, they've done you right. Trash? That's a pretty stupid comment. Pick up a magazine and read a review. Nobody thinks these cars are trash.

Geno

Former:
2013 ZL1 Vert – Crystal Red
1978 Corvette Pace Car
1969 Pace Car
1969 Z/28 – Cortez Silver, 1974 LT/Z28 Blue
1974 Z28 Dark Green , 1976 Camaro Type LT – Black
1980 Z28 – Charcoal, 1981 Z28 – Dark Blue
1981 Z28 – Claret, 1982 Pace Car
1986 IROC – Red, 1993 Z28 – Red
1996 Z28 vert, 1998 Z28 Dk Blue
2002 B4C 2004 Vette – LeMans Blue
2008 Vette - CRT
2011 Camaro Pace Car
Genob4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #61
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
I say we file a class action suit on GM. We Camaro ZL1 owners need to stick together on this & maybe GM will open there eyes. We are spending a lot of money for JUNK!
Couldn't agree more but they (manufacturers) all have issues. It's like they can't keep up with technology and their supplier quality these days. If you look at what's available today without knowing about all the issues it awesome but then you have issues like this and it's mind blowing that they still let this happen even with all the ctsv complaints. I say if you truely want your money back get a lawyer involved. I am just waiting for mine to get bad enough to have them change it. What sucks is I want to mod the car but can't till I get this resolved. This car has pissed me off so bad that when it was time to get a new diesel truck this year I spent my 60k elsewhere
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #62
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Quote:
Attachment 538888

Attachment 538889

Attachment 538890

Above are the pics from my first ZL1 First issue: the hood stuck up above the front passenger side fender & front fascia about a 1/4" gap. All bumpers were down already with no adjustment left.

The second issue there was a paint blemish underneath the clearcoat, to fix it the whole side of the car would have had to be repainted.

Third issue the front fascia was cocked to the passenger side leaving approx 5/8" gap between the driver side headlight & fascia & 1/8" gap between the passenger side headlight & fascia.

Again i paid $56k for this car with a $582.00 per month payment. Yes GM i'm real happy. I requested my money back & they denied it. I see that there are chevy customer service reps on here, you can call me to discuss as i already called your corporate office & started a file case with them & they seem to not care either! Thank You

Wow that's horrible, how can either of those cars pass QC?
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #63
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
well at this point I'm not sure there really is any fix to this common issue. we all know the factory coupler is crap but GM refuses to change the design to a solid version.

so even if they replace the S/cer then what? the new one will still have the same garbage as the old one. then what?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #64
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM
you guys are right maybe the car isn't junk. some people say your complaining but they are fixing it, yes that's correct, yes its still a machine, & YES they know the issue exists, so in turn don't charge people $60k for the car then! OR redesign to fix the problem & all this goes away! PERIOD!!

I have owned four Camaros in my lifetime & don't get me wrong I still am I Camaro guy, Christ I even have it tattooed on my leg.

In my case yes im pissed, again this is my SECOND ZL1, after replacing the first one, who in there right mind wouldn't be pissed, especially when the bank is breathing down my neck each month for there money & I wont even have the car.

AGAIN we need a class action suit!!!
z28man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #65
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
They acknowledged that there is a problem, and have said it will be fixed.

That's why warranties exist.

Over-reaction much?!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #66
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Randall!

I have left you a voice mail requesting more information for your case. You may call me back at the number I have provided, or send the information via private message. I look forward to getting this resolved quickly for you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post
i see that gm customer care chimes in when there's a problem and says they will contact your dealer in support. well guy/girls iam the owner of a 2013 zl1 with 1700 miles that i've had back at the dealer 3 times within the last three weeks for the same problem......oxygen sensor bad. grandprize chevorlet in miami, fl is the dealer. jessica at customer care you can call me anytime at 305-213-2000......my name is randall booker. i'am a police officer with the miami-dade county police department. lets see if you really care.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #67
RavenZL1

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
you guys are right maybe the car isn't junk. some people say your complaining but they are fixing it, yes that's correct, yes its still a machine, & YES they know the issue exists, so in turn don't charge people $60k for the car then! OR redesign to fix the problem & all this goes away! PERIOD!!

I have owned four Camaros in my lifetime & don't get me wrong I still am I Camaro guy, Christ I even have it tattooed on my leg.

In my case yes im pissed, again this is my SECOND ZL1, after replacing the first one, who in there right mind wouldn't be pissed, especially when the bank is breathing down my neck each month for there money & I wont even have the car.

AGAIN we need a class action suit!!!
I'm confused, why would the bank be breathing down your neck each month for their money when you said this started July 5th, it hasn't even been a month. On top of that you said GM was going to make the first payment for you.

Like others have stated, many car companies have plenty of issues. My new 370Z Roadster had plenty of problems that many experienced, steering lock failures, master clutch cylinder failure, bad clear coat and the softest paint I have ever seen.

Overall I am pretty impressed with GM and Chevrolet and the way they stand behind their products. They are much better at this than most of the other car companies I have dealt with.

Just my .02
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #68
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
A class action suit would be interesting, but likely will not materialize. Ask all of the SS owners how that second gear grind issue panned out with the TremecTR6060 trans. GM, to this day, will tell you that they haven't heard about the problem. Disgusting.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #69
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
What I don't understand, is that the car has only 120 miles on it.
Didn't the OP inspect the car when he picked it up? Or did the car sound normal at delivery time then developed the noise sometime during the first 120 miles of driving it himself.

Maybe I'm missing something here?

if it sounded like that at delivery time, why even accept it?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #70
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM
the car didn't make the noise when I picked it up. The dealer is approx. 90 miles from my house, so somewhere in between leaving the dealer & getting home it started.
z28man2 is offline   Reply With Quote