Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Who would win around a track? 2010 Camaro SS or 2009 911 Carrera?
Camaro SS (6-speed manual) 37 34.91%
911 Carrera (6-speed manual) 69 65.09%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2008, 02:22 AM   #29
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
It was a little joke to congo. Me and him take shots at each other for fun no need to get all grumpy my friend.

for the record I rather have a car designed after an iconic muscle car design than a car designed to look like a caddilac XLR

relax baby
lol so now your taking shots at the XLR? better watch out

kevin really what im trying to get at is lets compare when we have the actual cars in hand. i personally promise (you being willing) to come race you, in a style reminiscent of this

Old 09-25-2008, 02:24 AM   #30
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
i love that video
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 AM   #31
minibus135

Drives: VW GTI
too obvious

one word is all that's needed to this. "PRICE"
Why the heck would be a Porsche be more than 3 times expensive and be slower than a Camaro...

There is no way a Camaro can overtake a Porsche both in a straight line and the curves.

Don't get me wrong. I love Camaros and will be getting this one in 2010.
minibus135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #32
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
The Camaro will be a great car I'm sure. When you guys drove it on the track how did it feel? This was a great thread until the "It couldn't possibly outperform the Camaro you can't even get "halos" on the Porsche, I mean it cost way too much, what were the engineers thinking..." started. you can not deny Porsche is a great car and company; just because YOU either don't want it to be or it is not YOUR preference doesn't make it "rubbish".

Since all we have is a spec sheet and the hopes and dreams of a few here... I am pretty confident the Porsche would be able to handle a Camaro on the track. The Porsche has good power, lower weight by a large margin, and handles (not skid pad numbers) well. The Camaro could only dream of the braking numbers the Porsche puts up, so later braking.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #33
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
When the green light drops the "Bull Sh**" stops... There are going to be a lot of people with their bottom jaw on the ground in the near future...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #34
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibus135 View Post
one word is all that's needed to this. "PRICE"
Why the heck would be a Porsche be more than 3 times expensive and be slower than a Camaro...

There is no way a Camaro can overtake a Porsche both in a straight line and the curves.

Don't get me wrong. I love Camaros and will be getting this one in 2010.
70,000 dollar Corvette Z06's beat the crap out of alot of 400,000 dollar cars, the fact that your buying a brand name makes noooooo difference.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
When the green light drops the "Bull Sh**" stops... There are going to be a lot of people with their bottom jaw on the ground in the near future...

And a lot of Camaro owners will be grinning ear to ear... or just laughing their asses off.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #36
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
you can not deny Porsche is a great car and company; just because YOU either don't want it to be or it is not YOUR preference doesn't make it "rubbish".

you forgot this is the internet i can say anything i want.

just because they charge alot doesnt mean its any better engineered. like i said before GM can spend alot more on any particular vehicle since they can pass the cost along to many more customers

Last edited by headpunter; 09-25-2008 at 11:58 AM.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #37
srtclg1007

Drives: 08 C6 NPP, MZ6 436hp
So we're POSITIVE that the '10 Camaro will beat the challenger???? Im wanting a more educated opinion than my own, sorry to kinda sway off topic...
srtclg1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #38
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
70,000 dollar Corvette Z06's beat the crap out of alot of 400,000 dollar cars, the fact that your buying a brand name makes noooooo difference.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #39
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
you forgot this is the internet i can say anything i want.

just because they charge alot doesnt mean its any better engineered. liek i said before GM can spend alot more on any particular vehicle since they can pass the cost along to many more customers
A lot of what you pay is the engineering. I highly doubt, however, that Porsche engineering is 3 times the quality of Chevrolet engineering. The idea of superior German engineering goes back a long way, but it doesn't explain recent trends from American companies, especially out of GM. American cars may not regularly compete on the Nurburgring, but they have brought some great Porsche-punishing times and performances.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #40
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
"i agree with the top gear crew, porsche is rubbish. oh gee what does the new 911 look like? just like the old 911."

Have you seen what the camaro is going to look like?

All I'm saying is; yes let's compare the cars, but let's compare the facts not our opinions. Personally, I wouldn't have a Nissan GT-R as a gift, but factually the Nissan is a better car performance wise. My understanding of the "poll" was who would win around a track, not which car company I would rather purchase from, or which is a better bang for the buck.

I would gladly be wrong about the performance comparison. I hope the Camaro out performs every car in the market. I just don't think it will.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #41
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
"i agree with the top gear crew, porsche is rubbish. oh gee what does the new 911 look like? just like the old 911."

Have you seen what the camaro is going to look like?

All I'm saying is; yes let's compare the cars, but let's compare the facts not our opinions. Personally, I wouldn't have a Nissan GT-R as a gift, but factually the Nissan is a better car performance wise. My understanding of the "poll" was who would win around a track, not which car company I would rather purchase from, or which is a better bang for the buck.

I would gladly be wrong about the performance comparison. I hope the Camaro out performs every car in the market. I just don't think it will.

dont worry there are plenty of negative nancy's out there who will change thier tune.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #42
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
The "poor man's Corvette" vs a German engineered, hand built, high performance, (in my opinion and many others) the best engineer of cars in the world. Don't get me wrong, I love the Camaro, but we are comparing apples to oranges here IMVHO.
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote