Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Dang you guys sure do get a lot of runs in for one visit. I'm guessing it isn't that busy there.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
I was getting aggressive on the launches near the end, so I think I was just spinning my tires because I was holding the RPM's higher. I'll try to keep the RPM's lower. My wife got better times by holding the RPM's higher though, so a difference in live axle vs IRS I guess.

The track wasn't too busy, think because of the temps. We would run a few times, sit in the stands and watch, then repeat. Its fun watching the stronger cars run and we can't wait till we get better then get V8's of our cars.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I was getting aggressive on the launches near the end, so I think I was just spinning my tires because I was holding the RPM's higher. I'll try to keep the RPM's lower. My wife got better times by holding the RPM's higher though, so a difference in live axle vs IRS I guess.

The track wasn't too busy, think because of the temps. We would run a few times, sit in the stands and watch, then repeat. Its fun watching the stronger cars run and we can't wait till we get better then get V8's of our cars.
Whoa!!!! I just realized you were in Oklahoma. And actually very close to me! I live practically on the edge of moore. 104th and western. Been wanting to take mine to thunder valley for the first time but haven't had the time. Would love to meet up with you sometime. My wife is actually in love with my Camaro but will always be a truck person at heart lo
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #18
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
Whoa!!!! I just realized you were in Oklahoma. And actually very close to me! I live practically on the edge of moore. 104th and western. Been wanting to take mine to thunder valley for the first time but haven't had the time. Would love to meet up with you sometime. My wife is actually in love with my Camaro but will always be a truck person at heart lo
I'm only a few blocks away from you actually. If you want, we are probably going to go back out on the 13th or 20th. We can at least show you where to go. The track guys are laid back and will help you if you need it.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
My wife and I finally took our cars to the drag strip and raced them head to head. We both had a full tank of gas and tire pressures were high (40 psi on mine). It was our first time ever racing, so we went to have fun and see if we like it. We loved it, talking about going again real soon. No videos or pictures, hopefully next time we can get some.

Here are our specs:
2010 Camaro V6 (Synergy Green Edition)
ADM Race Scoop
K&N Aircharger
MACE Plenum Spacer
RX 3/8" Intake Manifold Spacer
Trifecta Tune
American Racing Headers LT w/HFC
ARK DT-S
Auto w/ 3.27

2012 Mustang V6 (Grabber Blue Pony Package)
BBK Intake
Borla ATAK
Auto w/ 2.73

I know I need to remove my subwoofer box and spare tire. Also, lower our rear air pressure.

Any suggestions? Also Mustang guys, anything I can do to my wife's car to help her out? Think the gear ratio is really hurting hers.

Here are our time slips, left to right is the order we ran, I was always the right lane. The DA was 3743. On the 4th run, the track guys said I need to stop beating on her. Then the 5th they said I should give her a head start or else I wouldn't be getting any tonight.

I've ran mine at the local 1/8th mile strip and was wondering about some of the times you were hitting at the 1/8th mark. My average is about 9.6 but my best has been a 9.55 on a hot afternoon.

I have a bone stock 2012 V6 and with the mods you have done I expected to see higher numbers.

Am I missing something other than the HP difference in the 2010 to 2012?

If not, good things to come when I add some performance mods.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
I've ran mine at the local 1/8th mile strip and was wondering about some of the times you were hitting at the 1/8th mark. My average is about 9.6 but my best has been a 9.55 on a hot afternoon.

I have a bone stock 2012 V6 and with the mods you have done I expected to see higher numbers.

Am I missing something other than the HP difference in the 2010 to 2012?

If not, good things to come when I add some performance mods.
I mostly can't launch for crap right now and the DA here has been very high. I changed out my K&N for a CAI Inc brand CAI so I will see this Friday if that makes a difference. Probably will see my best times in November.

Also Mustang guys, what brand of 3.73 gears should I get? Richmond or Ford Racing?
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Sounds like fun!

Words of advice: Work on your 60' times. (both of you)

With the Camaro you should be able to be 2.0x pretty easily with the correct tire pressure (~28 psi).

DA is a killer though and I know how you feel, it's usually a couple thousand where I live
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #22
MagnumForceGB

We went last night and ran, but it wasn't very good. It had rained a few minutes before we got to the track. My second run was my hero run with 14.529 @ 98.06 mph. So maybe switching to the CAI Inc shaved 0.1 seconds off. My wife is right there on breaking into the 14 second range. I'm going to buy her a tuner soon, hopefully that will shave some time off her run.

At the end we would run, go back in line for another run and wait for 30 minutes. There was quite a few track problems. I don't know why but waiting there just completely screwed up my reaction time and launching.

We'll see what happens when we go next time. Really wasn't any change in times or 60' ft times. Just not a good night for us. But we did have fun.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
We went last night and ran, but it wasn't very good. It had rained a few minutes before we got to the track. My second run was my hero run with 14.529 @ 98.06 mph. So maybe switching to the CAI Inc shaved 0.1 seconds off. My wife is right there on breaking into the 14 second range. I'm going to buy her a tuner soon, hopefully that will shave some time off her run.

At the end we would run, go back in line for another run and wait for 30 minutes. There was quite a few track problems. I don't know why but waiting there just completely screwed up my reaction time and launching.

We'll see what happens when we go next time. Really wasn't any change in times or 60' ft times. Just not a good night for us. But we did have fun.
Hey an improvement is something to be happy about!

You should be much lower into the 14s later this year in cooler weather.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
My wife and I finally took our cars to the drag strip and raced them head to head. We both had a full tank of gas and tire pressures were high (40 psi on mine). It was our first time ever racing, so we went to have fun and see if we like it. We loved it, talking about going again real soon. No videos or pictures, hopefully next time we can get some.

Here are our specs:
2010 Camaro V6 (Synergy Green Edition)
ADM Race Scoop
K&N Aircharger
MACE Plenum Spacer
RX 3/8" Intake Manifold Spacer
Trifecta Tune
American Racing Headers LT w/HFC
ARK DT-S
Auto w/ 3.27

2012 Mustang V6 (Grabber Blue Pony Package)
BBK Intake
Borla ATAK
Auto w/ 2.73

I know I need to remove my subwoofer box and spare tire. Also, lower our rear air pressure.

Any suggestions? Also Mustang guys, anything I can do to my wife's car to help her out? Think the gear ratio is really hurting hers.

Here are our time slips, left to right is the order we ran, I was always the right lane. The DA was 3743. On the 4th run, the track guys said I need to stop beating on her. Then the 5th they said I should give her a head start or else I wouldn't be getting any tonight.
Wait Thunder Valley ? I live in moore too... Well used too, i live off of sw 134 now. Everyone seems to run much better times up in tulsa where the track prep is supposedly better, never been there myself....
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #25
MagnumForceGB

I'm off of 104th. May try to run Tulsa once, but its a long drive for both cars. I'm also wondering about my tires, 21k miles on my original all-season tires probably isn't helping. When we move into a bigger house, we may get some drag only tires that we can change out when we go to the track.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #26
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Richmond doesnt make bad gears, but usually requiring more shiming to get them exact and are more prone to gear whine. I have always used Ford Racing gears in my cars with good results
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #27
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
are you guys completely avoiding the water box?
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
MagnumForceGB

We try to right now, but I think my right tires are hitting it. I plan on trying to do an awesome 1 wheel burnout when I go to the track next time and see if that helps.