Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #29
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
I'm nearing that point where I'm looking at some of the big maintenance items in the next 10k miles or so and I'm sort of feeling the V8 itch.
How many miles do you have, and what big maintenance items are you talking about?
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #30
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I have a similar commute. I can tell you that the LS3 will yield 23-26 MPG at highway speeds. It takes almost zero effort for the motor to move you along and to get up to speed.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #31
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
That is good news! In my V6 with all my higher rpm shifting I average 23 mpg per tank lately, so I don't think the fuel cost is going to hurt that bad.

As far as maintenance, I'm feeling some wear in the clutch. That's got maybe another 10k miles at most on it. Options are severely limited there, and costly. Brake pads are worn, (plus I want to get brembos anyway). The biggest thing is the stuff like the known timing chain issue with the LLT, and oil life. I'm scared to death of spinning rod bearings, especially with it as my DD. I've been really good about scheduled maintenance, But I'm really paranoid as my mileage climbs and I've been so lucky so long.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #32
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
That car appears to have the polished rims not the rs rims?
Quote:
I was curious about that as well. Not necessarily a big deal to me - but if it's an RS w/o RS options then maybe that affects price?

I was also curious as to how a 2SS/RS would compare to mine in regard to options. I know I would get the leather and HIDs. I lose the rally stripes, but to me that says "blank canvas". I would trade my green door and dash inserts for the silver ones, would I lose my ABL?

What else would I gain/lose? ( obviously the V8 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Mine is a 2SSRS and I have the backup sensors, ABL doors, heated seats and mirrors, leather and HIDs and it had the polished 20" wheels on it which I had the dealership put my 22" Rohanas on the SS.
I was under the impression that the polished wheels were the SS upgraded wheels and the midnight silvers were the stander RS wheels which came on my 1LT with the RS Package.
Everyone I've seen with a 2SSRS has the polished wheels on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Well unless your ABL is Green then you don't lose ABL because it's standard in all 2LT/2SS's in Ice Blue lighting. You could have the dealer install Synergy Green door & dash inserts if you like them that much. If you lose the stock Rally stripes it opens the door for you to do something completely different with Stripes or hood vinyl wrap or whatever. The polished wheels are an option that RS cars can have instead of the Midnight Silver ones.
I ordered my 2LT/RS from the factory with Polished 20" Wheels because the MS wheels just looked like dirty wheels to me.

I know there are ways to decode the VIN and find out if it came from the factory with the RS package. By looking at the pics, it looks like it has painted roof ditches and not the black ones so I think its an original RS car.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #33
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Well thank you guys for all replying, but it looks like I can't make the trade happen after all. I'm still dealing with some stupid stuff the Navy dropped on me with after they medically disqualified me and subsequently discharged me. So my otherwise impeccable credit has a big glaring negative account on it, care of the US Navy, or rather DFAS. A big thank you for my service as it was... Sorry to vent, but this has been an ongoing battle against some pretty ridiculous bull***.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
WHAT BIG ticket Item you have coming UPPP?
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think you have a really nice car now man!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #36
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Sorry to hear that and thanks for your service!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #37
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Synergy Green Camaro's do not last very long on Dealership lots. $27k is a pretty good price too.
I traded mine in and in two weeks it was sold.

I was supprised how fast the turn around was.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #38
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Well thank you guys for all replying, but it looks like I can't make the trade happen after all. I'm still dealing with some stupid stuff the Navy dropped on me with after they medically disqualified me and subsequently discharged me. So my otherwise impeccable credit has a big glaring negative account on it, care of the US Navy, or rather DFAS. A big thank you for my service as it was... Sorry to vent, but this has been an ongoing battle against some pretty ridiculous bull***.
Sorry to hear this, hope things work out.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote