Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #85
jpetro
JPetro

Drives: 02 Sunfire
But I honestly think if they topped out the Price at 55 it would be great for us, them, and GM. What good would it do if only the rich can afford it, I hope their not just building a car that rich daddy would get for their kids 16th birthday. Yenko, GM don't forget get the middle class, we could do wonders given the chance.

Soon to oun a 2SS/RS Silver Ice with a chrome snail thing under hood, Pedders Sport, Hawk pads, ARH exhust system. Spring project: Pedders Coil overs and Brake package tba
jpetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #86
chevy454

Drives: '69 Yenko Camaro - 11.73 @ 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetro View Post
But I honestly think if they topped out the Price at 55 it would be great for us, them, and GM. What good would it do if only the rich can afford it, I hope their not just building a car that rich daddy would get for their kids 16th birthday. Yenko, GM don't forget get the middle class, we could do wonders given the chance.
FYI, it is *NOT* GM (General Motors) that has released this particular prototype and is putting out these press releases, but GMCI (General Marketing Capital Incorporated). General Motors and GMCI are 2 *seperate entities*, and share nothing other than 2 letters in their abbreviated titles...
chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #87
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
Well how does buying the trademark make it any more of a Yenko really?? other than legitimacy to the badging?

If the guy that is going through with this is listening.............if your going to do something.........make it different. Even I would pay good money for something like the Original Yenko... terror at the Dragstrip and at the track as Don would have built them..........with an LS7 in it and let it rev to the moon. I'm sure he'd be impressed with today's ZO6

TVS cars are so not Yenko
Okay i can definatly agree with you on that, im SO tired of all these TVS supercharged Camaros coming out left and right, every performance company says "oh Camaro? okay lets throw a TVS on it!" its the same thing every time, we've seen it, THAT is why i dont support the LSA in the Z28 (also because its rather heavy with added fluid and parts)...i much preffer the LS7, either for a Yenko or a Z28, if one of them made a supercharged LS3 and one made an LS7 id buy the one that offered the LS7, whether it was Yenko or a Z/28 idc, they're both amazing and the LS7 would totally win me over either way...im way tired of superchargers, lol

But also you cant say Yenko cant supercharge, i mean id much MUCH rather not see another company get sucked into the supercharging fiesta, but dont forget Yenko did Turbo Charge most of their later cars
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #88
mikey92

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Transformers Edition
i want! i want! if it wasnt for colllege i'd so be buying one!
mikey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #89
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I think he was reffering to those people that buy muscle cars just to be seen in them and end up driving 5 miles under the speed limit everywhere they go...and if thats so i give him two giant thumbs up on that one, a lot of muscle car owners have lost touch with what a muscle car is and it sickens me...i mean i get it, they're 30 years old and kinda rare now, yeah, but dont forget they're still performance cars built for one specific reason, to be driven and driven hard, i dont care how rare or expensive your car is you just dont cage that bird man...
WELL SAID Vega!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #90
chevy454

Drives: '69 Yenko Camaro - 11.73 @ 118
Yenko/SC 427 Camaro

The ONLY 2010 Camaro endorsed by both the Yenko family and the Yenko Sportscar Club. YS-1001, features a true 427, the Corvette Z-06, 550HP, 560TQ, custom headers, valve covers, Yenko/SC badging and custom Yenko interior. Here going against a real 1969 Yenko 427 Camaro, both autos.

Valve cover.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #91
VRROOM

Drives: 1970 Nova SS
Pics from SEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidknightZ28 View Post
I want chevy to make the Z28, I need them to hence the name.....l But god that car is pretty I can't wait to see pics from SEMA
Here's some pics from SEMA

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/04/s...termarket-fog/

SEMA 2009: Yenko Camaro cuts through the aftermarket fog

There a lot of new Camaros here at SEMA. In fact, depending upon your depth of exhaustion, residual blood-alcohol level from last night and general brain-deadedness, you might be forgiven for thinking that every other car here is a Camaro. And some of them, well, ain't so great. Useless ground effects packages, 24-inch wheels, shoddy workmanship and terrible eye-searing colors are your bag, man. That said, some Camaros do manage to cut through the crap using simple tools like quality and understatement. May we present to you the new Yenko Camaro, a quiet, big stick-carrying badass in a sea of noise.

Now, as we previously pointed out, this is the Phase I Yenko – meaning that instead of sporting a 427 cid like Yenko 'Maros of yore, the new one has a supercharged version of GM's LS3, the 6.2-liter V8 that comes standard with the Camaro SS. Purists (can Yenko fans be considered purists?) might grouse and claim a non-427 is lame, but we'll say two things on the matter. First, the supercharged LS3 will make at least 600 horsepower. Nothing lame about that. Second, Phase II and Phase III Yenkos are coming and you can bet they'll have Z06-sourced LS7 427, tuned to who knows how high. And, judging by the competition, an LS9 Yenko isn't out of the question.

VRROOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #92
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Wow, that is just flat out embarrassing. Doing a Yenko without authorization is as lame
as it gets!!! This has got to be shut down.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #93
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
They are saying they are endorsed by Yenko family and enthusiasts..others are saying they arent...so who is correct and who has proof? At the end of the day I kinda agree with this guy
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showpo...9&postcount=35
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #94
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
IMHO.... I think that if a company, regardless of who it is, is willing to go out in public at a show as big as SEMA and announce the "Yenko" Camaro, they have to have something backing them up, whether it be trademarked name or registered name. I find it hard to believe that they would put themselves out like that and risk legal action. But hey, I could be wrong. We will see.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #95
VRROOM

Drives: 1970 Nova SS
Doing the Yenko Name Justice With a New 600-hp Beast Read more: http://www.motortren

Motor Trend - Doing the Yenko Name Justice With a New 600-hp Beast

VRROOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #96
Midnight Shadow
Midnight Shadow

Drives: '10 Camaro AA/RS '09 Vette '96 S10
Remember not all Yenko's had the same drive train's. Most people remember just the 427 big blocks. There also was 350's and different models.
Midnight Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #97
syc

Drives: 1969 Yenko Camaro 2010 Yenko Camaro
Very true, in fact most folks do not know Don Yenko's first attempt at selling hi-po cars in quanity was the '66 Yenko Stinger Corvair and ended in 1981 with a turbo charged small block Z.

But, say the word Yenko to most musclecar enthusiasts and ask what comes to mind, most will say 427, usually the Camaro.
syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #98
HEMISLAYER
Oilfield Trash

Drives: 2008 GMC Sierra
Does anybody know where you can purchase the wheels from? I have been searching and cannot find anything. Also does anybody know if they come in 20" instead of 22"?