Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #113
COPZ

Drives: 2011 SYNERGY GREEN 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pappy View Post
i just checked and they were already sold out again
The Comfort Inn and Suites
15771 ih-35 north
selma, texas
210-447-2305

Has rooms available and is located right before the Retana park turn in. There prices were the same as the host for all rooms if booked online.
Vararam CAI
SLP Wheels
SLP Splitter
ZL1 Grill, Rockers and Spoiler
Complete 2013 Hot Wheels conversion
COPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #114
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
Just saw Mike Lee and his crew roll by on the I-10.
They were heading to BLACK JACK. .... and the party has begun...
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #115
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Dfw crew is now here
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #116
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Seriously unimpressed with how this is going. Been here since gate open and made 3 passes. Hosting an event like this on an open to the public test and tune night/motorcycle shootout night....sigh. as I watch a car that looks like a bunch of 3rd graders put it together overnight blow oil all the way down the track.....
Old 04-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #117
SATXCamaro
San Antonio Camaro Club

Drives: Camaro - All Generations
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
Seriously unimpressed with how this is going. Been here since gate open and made 3 passes. Hosting an event like this on an open to the public test and tune night/motorcycle shootout night....sigh. as I watch a car that looks like a bunch of 3rd graders put it together overnight blow oil all the way down the track.....
Sorry that you are unimpressed. We had several uncontrollable incidents this evening, and for that we apologize. And yes, we understand that it was test and tune night and open to the public...however, when the track rental is $17k, and we don't have that kind of liquidity or sponsorship, this was the best we could do. Again, sorry it wasn't what we were hoping it would be...just hang in there and hopefully tomorrow (today at this point) will run much more smoothly.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #118
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
To be 100% honest, I didn't think it went that bad. Especially for doing this for the first time ever. I got a few runs in, talked to a bunch of friends and made new ones. It was a pretty successful day in my book. I will say that I wasn't there to necessarily try to win or run my best pass ever. I took it as an opportunity to get to make a few passes but more so to talk to friends and see all the badass cars. Just my opinion.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #119
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
The track annoyed me today also so I feel your pain. That being said it was out of our control with all the shut down time. With that Being said, safety first!!! I assume all would agree. I was defiantly stressed since this is the largest event we have attempted to put on and wanted things to run smooth. Obvious the track could have run better but it is what it is and I was checking with most people to make sure they were ok and getting updates from John at the track. Big thanks to John also is in order, he went out of his way to accommodate us.

This was a learning curve for me and I have learned a lot. I want to thank you all for coming out and your understanding. The rest of the events should go great. Car shows we know well and Sundays cruise and dinner will be great. We know how to drive and eat, no learning curve there.

I know we can't make everyone one happy but we will try our best. Hit me up if there are there is a problem you would like to have addressed.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #120
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
I was pissed that it was prepped so poorly even though I managed to make it into the semi finals bracket running consistent 12.4's while spinning into 3rd gear and hydroplaneing at the end every time on left lane, was great seeing so many 5th gen camaros at one spot though
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #121
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
I just want to say that regardless of the track, this event and the people who put it together kick major F'n @$$!!! I met alot of cool people and got to see some wicked cars... AND I EVEN GOT TO RACE MICHAEL GRIFFEN from the Titans!!! HOOK'EM!!! see yall tomorrow
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #122
SSx2JAMES

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS + 2010 Camaro SS
1st time at any track. what a good time. would i do it again even with the delays, heck yes. thx SATX for putting this together. always good times, got to spend time with my friends and race. see you at retama.
SSx2JAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #123
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
That was a post made in anger and frustration I apologize. I did have a good time outside of running and am looking forward to today and.....Michael griffin was there!!!??!! What was he driving and why was I not informed lmao.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #124
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
That was a post made in anger and frustration I apologize. I did have a good time outside of running and am looking forward to today and.....Michael griffin was there!!!??!! What was he driving and why was I not informed lmao.
twin turbo'd camaro!!! he smoked my ass!!!
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #125
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
The waiting did suck, but there is nothing the Camaro guys could have done due to the fact it was an open public night.
Regardless of that, I had a BLAST!!! I had fun taking my car down the strip and seeing what it could do.
Good job guys! I can't wait for the next event. Remember it only gets easier and better.
Oh by the way, did anyone beat me in the street tire only racing?
Old 04-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #126
Garret

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
what time will yall be at the oasis?
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote