Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 11-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #197
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
i did not know there where any pics form the Franklin touch of gold car show glad to see me there
Old 12-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #198
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Yesterday in Greenbrier, there was a car show benefit to help raise money for two men sturck in a hit and run drunk driving incident last weekend. Michael Brooksher passed away on Monday and Tommy Allen still remains hospitalized.

Some of the folks in the club met up and cruised up to the show and met up with a couple others there...

Dave noticed a rather funny, odd, and disturbing sign there as well. Proof that this is not a fake, the sign appears in the background of the first two pictures ...

GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #199
GnyaTek

Music City Camaro Club members enjoyed a nice "reasonably warm" New Year's Day by gathering for a cruise out to Martin's BBQ Joint today for lunch!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #200
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Charlotte Event Cancelled, Going here instead....

Just booked my room using Orbitz.com at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Commerce, GA. If you are even thinking about it, book your room now, you can cancel it later but there aren't a whole lot of hotel rooms in Commerce near the race track.

Chevy High Performance Nationals Comes to Atlanta Dragway

Chevy High Performance Nationals Event Announced!

ProMedia Events, the company that brings you the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, is pleased to announce the hottest all-Chevy event of the year…the Chevy High Performance Nationals, which will take place at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia, the weekend of June 1-3, 2012. This event, presented by Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center, is sure to attract some of the baddest bow-tie show cars, drag cars, and autocross competitors in the U.S. for year-long bragging rights and awesome event coverage in Chevy High Performance magazine!

“ProMedia has a rich history of exciting heads up doorslammer action and we’re proud to have a joint venture with such an incredible organization,” said Henry De Los Santos, editor of Chevy High Performance. “Whether you’re a serious competitor, an avid car show buff, or just a big time enthusiast of performance street machines…having a show of this caliber is going to take all-Chevy branded events to a whole new level.”

The Chevy High Performance Nationals will feature a huge all-GM car show, where you will see some of the coolest early and late-model muscle cars and hot rods on display for the fans. GM Performance Parts is putting up big money for five heads-up LSX race classes with the pinnacle being LSX Drag Radial, a turbocharged, supercharged, and nitrous-powered GM class with speeds upwards of 200 mph! Corner turners are in for a treat at Chevy High’s autocross course, where some of the best known tuners race for awards and glory!

Other features of the Chevy High Performance Nationals include 300+ mph jet cars attempting to break the Georgia land speed record. There will be plenty of race classes for all levels of competition beginning with the Summit Racing sponsored bracket competition. Want to know who has the fastest GM-powered street cars…there will be a True Street class with 9 different class winners.

Other attractions of the Chevy High Performance Nationals include a huge manufacturers midway, a giant used parts swap meet, the world famous burnout contest, including the coveted Chevy High Performance Street Machine Challenge, and much more! This is the “must see” all-Chevy event of the year! Mark your calendars to be at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia, June 1-3, 2012. For more information log on to http://www.CHPnationals.com or call 714-444-2426.

Privacy policy
© Copyright 1995-2012, NHRA. All logos and images are reserved. | Media Center
Problems displaying the site? Click here for the latest browser requirements and links to FREE downloads.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #201
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I got an e-mail from Macky notifying me his last day in Ky will be Tuesday. The Army is transferring him to Louisanna.

So From all of us in Music City and Central KY Camaro clubs a fond farewell. Best of luck in your new assignment. Keep in touch when you can. It was great meeting & getting to know you. Thanks for your service & friendship. Take care care of yourself & that nice Camaro. :flag2:
Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #202
GnyaTek

As a reminder, and in case folks haven't already joined the Music City Camaro Club's social page ...

Our first official meeting is coming up 1:00PM this Saturday, Jan.14 at T.G.I.Friday's (Rivergate) at 1705 Gallatin Pike North, Madison, TN 37115.

We will be discussing options for the official club events for the first few months of the year, so bring ideas (and bring your Camaro as well!)
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #203
RubyCamaro
Jan

We had a great turnout first meet especially given the cold, windy day & salt coated roads. By my count we had 19 people & 10 Camaros(someone correct me if I miscounted). A few members did not bring their babys out in the weather but still joined us for the meeting. We had some new members join us for the first time and one who had been hanging around with us on C5 for a while but had not made it out to any events yet. I will post some pics here.

I will be sending out an e-mail with links to web sites listing local car shows/events and a list of bigger events of interest. I will post the web links on the club site also but cannot add the list as it is a word doccument. If you have not given me your e-mail address & want the list of events and other club e-mails send me a PM with your real name, e-mail address & a cell phone # (only used for events in case of last minute changes of plan or coordination). Please give me of Jeff (Black Beauty) input on events you see on the websites of interest, suggestions for other events (scenic cruises, family picnic, poker runs, etc) or general suggestions. It is everyone's club & we want to make it fun for everyone but can only do that if you let us know what you want to do. As events start to be decided upon I will put together a calendar of events for both this club & one for Central Kentucky Camaro Club and send them out via e-mail.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #204
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
That is one awesome looking GMC Sierra in the background of a couple pics! And a UK football license plate to top it all off! I bet he has a matching canopy.

Btw, great pics Jan.
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #205
PIANOMN
Epic; Winning!

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
Cars are still looking good out there!! Just dropping in a few words... I'm gearing up to leave New Mexico in April to go overseas for 15 months.... If all goes according to plan I will be applying to work at some ATC facilities out that way. Timeframe for me to move out and join you all is between August 2013-May 2014...

I have been without my abm unfortunately the last month due to some moron driver causing about 11k in damage to the front end....

It's currently almost all fixed up with some custom paint work being finished up today/tomorrow... Will upload pics as soon as I can pick her up next week!!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #206
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Sorry to hear about your car man. Hope it comes back to you soon. What kind of custom paint work are you having done?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #207
PIANOMN
Epic; Winning!

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
Black paint in certain areas on the bumper and a black hood. Semi gloss. Will have pice hopefully tomorrow afternoon
Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #208
RubyCamaro
Jan

So sorry about your baby pianomn but glad to hear you are taking the opportunity to make it look even nicer. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #209
GnyaTek

upcoming "unoffical" event - C&C in Franklin

Thanks go out to SMOKE on pointing out a car event in the area that is a recurring one ... http://tennesseecarsncoffee.weebly.com/nashville.html

A group of us (looks to be perhaps 6-7 cars) are planning to go next Saturday, the 4th (the first Saturday of each month, the event starts later - 9AM).

This is NOT a replacement to the official club meeting which is scheduled for the following Sun, Feb 12... so if you are only going to be able to make it to one event, I'd suggest going to the offical meeting at Toot's!

I have been to the Knoxville area Cars and Coffee event once, but in early September ... the place was packed with awesome cars and was great meeting up with the great folks from the Knoxville club. However ... this is a bit different as it is in the dead of winter! I cruised by there this morning to see how crowded it would be ... and it wasn't. However, if the group of us show up, it might encourage more to support this local event and the WORST case is we get to hang out for a while surrounded by other cool Camaros and might be able to get further word out for the club.

After the C&C, will likely cruise someplace as a group to snag lunch - so regardless of whether the other clubs turnout for the C&C - we will have fun!!!

Details:
What: Cars and Coffee
When: 9AM, Saturday, Feb.4
Where: Starbucks parking lot, 555 Cool Springs Blvd, Franklin, TN

Post replies to our social group event list ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group....cussionid=5272 )or shoot me a PM if ya plan to make it to this event!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #210
GnyaTek

Reminder: 2nd meeting of Music CIty Camaro Club is tomorrow afternoon!

What: MCCC 2nd meeting
When: Sunday, Feb 12 at 1:30 PM
Where: Toot's - 301 Sam Ridley Pkwy W., Smyrna, TN 37157

Directions:

If coming from north travelling on I-24, take exit 66B (second one that loops) merging onto Sam RIdley Pkwy. If coming from south on I-24, take exit 66 and folow it to the right, merging onto Sam Ridley Pkwy.

Watch for the Kroger's on the right (approx 4 traffic lights). Once you pass the Kroger's and pass the next traffic light (at Old Nash Highway), Toot's will be on the right (turn right on Needham - the first street passed Old Nash Hway).

It'll be cold, but clear - looking forward to seeing everyone there (dirty Camaro or clean come on out!)