Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Interior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #57
RPI Designs

Drives: 2016 SS 6 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Still no reply or response to this post, PM, email or VM, Ill give it another week before filling a claim in Paypal.

Hope I get a response, I was really looking forward to these.
We aren't able to monitor each thread, so it's best to email one of us:
Josh@rpidesigns.com
sales@rpidesigns.com

or better yet, PM us.

I'm not sure who you are via email, but we do not have a PM from "Rhyder".
Thanks
Josh
RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #58
RPI Designs

2010-2013 Camaro Pre-Painted Interior Door & Dash Panel Inserts - Compatible with ABL Doors!

We have been working hard to product these 2010-2013 Camaro Door Panels that will work with you guys/gals that have Ambient (ABL) lighting in your doors. These are in stock, ready to be painted your color.

These door panels are made for cars with ABL lighting (ambient lighting)

Would you like to match your door and dash panels to the exterior paint on your Camaro? Our fiberglass door panel inserts actually replace your oem pieces. Simply remove your stock door panel and replace with these. These are sold in a set, one passenger Camaro door panel insert and one driver Camaro door panel insert. Designed for cars with ABLS (amibent lighting in your doors).

Our dash panel inserts are GM pieces that we take brand new and paint your exterior body color.

Please select color option below. These are custom painted to order so please allow 5-10 business days from order to ship.

Available here: http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2084

Retail price: $389.95 /set
Forum price: $350.96 /set (coupon code CAMARO5 at checkout)

Old 02-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #59
nightfurycam5

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
so hears the deal with these panels, i spent a good $440 on a 4 piece dash and panel set. got them about a month later due to high volume durring christmas. finally got them and they looked fantastic! but..... and a big but at that, the boxed it was shipped in was beat to all hell, looked like it was shipped via tornado. the panels were wrapped in foam but yet managed to get scratches on them. looked pasted it and proceeded to install 1 of the panels to test it out.....nope, no light coming through, even though my "instructions" were for the ABL door panels. fit well but not what i ordered....kinda pissed and hoping RPI will correct there mistake free of charge

Last edited by nightfurycam5; 02-01-2014 at 01:54 PM.
nightfurycam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #60
nightfurycam5

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
box it was shipped in and product itself....
Attached Images

nightfurycam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #61
ZL1-PA

Drives: 2014 ZL1
How did you make out?
I ordered a set of the painted ABL pieces, took the door panel off, and it does not appear that what I I received will fit my 2014 with ABL. The factory piece (shown) has the ABL molded or attached to the factory panel.
There are tabs to line up the additional mounting points for all the ABL brackets, and additional holes for the screws to mount them.
The pieces I received look different than nightfurycam5's photos show above - seems there was an error.
Attached Images

Last edited by ZL1-PA; 03-10-2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Add photo
ZL1-PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #62
RPI Designs

2010-2013 Camaro Pre-Painted Interior Door & Dash Panel Inserts - Compatible with ABL Doors!

We have been working hard to product these 2010-2013 Camaro Door Panels that will work with you guys/gals that have Ambient (ABL) lighting in your doors. These are in stock, ready to be painted your color.

These door panels are made for cars with ABL lighting (ambient lighting)

Would you like to match your door and dash panels to the exterior paint on your Camaro? Our fiberglass door panel inserts actually replace your oem pieces. Simply remove your stock door panel and replace with these. These are sold in a set, one passenger Camaro door panel insert and one driver Camaro door panel insert. Designed for cars with ABLS (amibent lighting in your doors).

Our dash panel inserts are GM pieces that we take brand new and paint your exterior body color.

Please select color option below. These are custom painted to order so please allow 5-10 business days from order to ship.

Available here: http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2084

Retail price: $389.95 /set
Forum price: $350.96 /set (coupon code CAMARO5 at checkout)

Old 12-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #63
RPI Designs

We appreciate the business.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #64
chris7488

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
In their raw, unpainted state, I imagine these things are transparent or else Josh (RPI Designs) would have never offered to paint the inside. Maybe he meant lexan instead of fiberglass or something?

The material GM makes the stock ABL panels out of is Polycarbonate. I'd know - I'm one of the few who has actually stripped the paint on the backside of the stock ABL panels (and yes, they are painted on the backside - you'd also be interested to know the backside is textured) and shot them with a different color (Hugger Orange). Alas, while I did great on three of the panels, the stripping chemical I used messed up the passenger side door panel, so that's why I am displaying interest in these. If I can get a driver/passenger set of these unpainted, then I can just shoot them with Hugger Orange right out of the box instead of having to worry about stripping them first and in the process risking the integrity of the plastic.

I messed mine up to does it make a difference if you paint the outside what did you end up doing
chris7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #65
2011WhiteSS

Drives: 2011 White 2SS
Finally Available! 2010-2013 Camaro Pre-Painted Door Panels w/ABL Ambient Lig...

Can you custom match the color for ABL panels from a scrap of vinyl?
Want them for my G/F car in purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011WhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #66
RPI Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011WhiteSS View Post
Can you custom match the color for ABL panels from a scrap of vinyl?
Want them for my G/F car in purple.

Hello,

We could, but the price would be $40.00 more as we need to purchase the paint for only that one set.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:30 PM   #67
2011WhiteSS

Drives: 2011 White 2SS
I will be in contact with you. I need to find a way to do the LEDs in purple now that the panels can be done.
Thanks.

2011WhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:08 AM   #68
RPI Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011WhiteSS View Post
I will be in contact with you. I need to find a way to do the LEDs in purple now that the panels can be done.
Thanks.

You are welcome! Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #69
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
On my wish list for sure. Been wanting these for a while now but up until now the ABL was not available. Soon as I get this other major project out of the way, this will be my next big thing. Need to decide whether or not to change out the blue LED ABL for red as I had on my 2010 1LTRS.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:16 AM   #70
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Can the two dash pieces be painted and masked off along the top to allow for ABL along the dash? When I did this to my previous car I masked off the area and lightly sanded the paint off with 0000 sand paper. Also are these panels paint from back like OEM or from front?