Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
NotYetLegend

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
What Sway Bar Settings Are You Using?

Hey guys, I am installing front and rear adjustable BMR sway bars tonight and thought it would be interesting to hear what settings people have been happy with on their own bars (not just BMR, any adjustable bars).

Maybe people can reply with what bars they have, what settings they use where (such as settings for autocross vs street), and how they arrived at their settings?

Perhaps for the hardcore crowd you can note if you are using slicks or street tires as I doubt the settings correlate between the two.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
For a street-driven car, we suggest starting with the front bar on the softest setting, and the rear bar on the middle setting. For more aggressive track-driven cars, move the front bar to the middle, and the rear bar to the stiffest setting. Ultimately, the end result settings will be where YOU like them, and what fits for YOUR driving style, but that is typically what we tell our customers to start with.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
I have the BMR adjustable bars. I used to run the lowest setting in the front and stiffest in the back. Now I run it on the stiffest setting on both. Rough ride but corners like a BIAOTCH.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have them set as front bar in middle, rear bar to the stiffest setting. I have it this way as I autocross a lot and found that this is best for my use.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
NotYetLegend

Nice, thanks for all the input guys. Looks like the two customer responses are from people with some seriously built cars, can't wait to get there with my own. I'll do as Keith suggests tonight and go soft in the front, middle in the rear, and see how it turns out.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Pfadt sport sways (one point front, 3-way FE3 rear)

Rear is on full stiff. I just installed it that way, I liked how it felt so I left it.

Daily driver.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #7
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Sphon.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
Stock springs, softest front, stiffest rear. Tried middle front, too much push for me. I'm used to a free car, good turn in, easier rotation.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #9
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
BMR, middle on both. Had it installed at JDP Motorsports for a street and some track use. Love the street ability haven't had a chance for the track yet.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #10
NotYetLegend

Thanks again for the feedbacks guys. I got my BMR swaybars installed with help from a friend this weekend. Went with the softest setting in the front, middle setting in the rear for starters, will tweak if necessary after my next autocross. So far I am blown away by the improvement, how lightweight the BMR pieces are relative to the OEM bars as well as how helpful the BMR instructions were. Really really fantastic.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #11
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetLegend View Post
Thanks again for the feedbacks guys. I got my BMR swaybars installed with help from a friend this weekend. Went with the softest setting in the front, middle setting in the rear for starters, will tweak if necessary after my next autocross. So far I am blown away by the improvement, how lightweight the BMR pieces are relative to the OEM bars as well as how helpful the BMR instructions were. Really really fantastic.
Glad to hear you're happy with your parts!!! Thanks for the positive feedback!!!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote