Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
jacborn

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 Red with white stri
Question Urgent amp install help 2010 with BA

Alright I have been reading several threads about how to do this and I just need a couple more tips to get this done. I do have the Boston acoustics Amp in a 2010 camaro 2ss. My first question, for the RCA's would I need an adjustable output adapter?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased this one already and my thinking is that I need to splice it in pre amp to the speaker wire lows not the highs, is that correct?

I was looking at this thread and see the remote and audio wires are in the X3 connector. What is an X3 connector how do you tell it from the other ones I.E. x1 & x2?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67472

Can someone verify that I want the wires before before they get amped right?

Also are these the correct wires I want to wire into the adapter?
Tan # 4----right rear (-) low level
Dark Blue # 12----right rear (+) low level
These two together make one RCA jack (RED RCA input)
Brown #5----left rear (-) low level
brown/white #13----left rear (+) low level
These two together make one RCA jack (WHITE RCA input)

Other than that I know the rest I know the white wire is the remote as well as powering and grounding, that is no big deal. I am just confused on which speaker wires I want to wire into because I have seen multiple threads and diagrams where people are using different color wires. Pictures and detailed responses would be amazing!
jacborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #2
jacborn

Anyone?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #3
dontlift19

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I'm not an audio expert by no means, but I'll try and answer your questions. I have a factory Boston acoustics car, and when I did my install I didn't use any line out converters or things like that. The factory amp has 3 connectors that plug into the back of it (X1, X2, X3), the wiring diagrams for them are in this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283616 What I did was I bought four rca jacks (http://www.parts-express.com/rca-plu...astic--090-250) and soldered the low level rca outputs on the X3 connector to the rca jacks. Then just ran 2 rca cables from these to my amp. Everything works perfect for me and I don't have any noise unless I turn the gains on the amp up really high. Hope that helped.
dontlift19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:04 AM   #4
jacborn

Alright so I saw the wire diagrams not quite what I am after that is more for replacing the existing amp as where I am adding another one for a sub. Does anyone know if I have my colors correct on which wires to splice into. Another member has helped me establish which connector is the X3 already. Just trying to get the final bit verified. It also sounds like I do not need the LOC adapter but that brings me to the question of will it reduce the signal if I use it? to me it is easier to wire that into the pre amp speaker wire than plug my rca's into than cutting RCA's and wiring them in.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #5
AllBlackSS

Drives: 2010 SS
Get the sub-thump T harness. Simple plug and play for your RCA wires and remote wires.
AllBlackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Yo do Not need a loc.
Your wires are correct just don't forget pin 1 for remote amp turn on
You do not need the over priced sub thump harness.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp, confused, question, rca, speaker