Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #15
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
well, i'm going to have to keep my eyes and ears peeled then! Only bad part about this kit is that i'll have to get rid of my corsa
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #16
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
well, i'm going to have to keep my eyes and ears peeled then! Only bad part about this kit is that i'll have to get rid of my corsa
I wonder how much the install would cost?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
I wonder how much the install would cost?
DIY ...... in all seriousness though, I would try DIY, got a quote for any FI system and it was $925-1000 depending on the layout of the system.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #18
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
DIY ...... in all seriousness though, I would try DIY, got a quote for any FI system and it was $925-1000 depending on the layout of the system.
Ok, that's not as bad as I was thinking, so basically add 1K to the final price.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I would be willing to do this DIY if it wasn't too bad. maybe have a few friends over that has experience with turbo installs...and a clear weekend.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #20
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
I would be willing to do this DIY if it wasn't too bad. maybe have a few friends over that has experience with turbo installs...and a clear weekend.
It will be a bolt-on system so installation shouldn't be terrible.

I applaud STS for taking their sweet time, rather have a polished product than a rushed to market product.

The "pre-order" is basically a $500 deposit to reserve your spot in line. Personally, if you want the system and want to be among the first then its a good option. If your unsure then I would just wait a few months.

Anyone wanting more information about specs or shipping date, give them a call!
Phone: 801-224-3477 or Email: sales@ststurbo.com but would highly recommend calling.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #21
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
It will be a bolt-on system so installation shouldn't be terrible.

I applaud STS for taking their sweet time, rather have a polished product than a rushed to market product.

The "pre-order" is basically a $500 deposit to reserve your spot in line. Personally, if you want the system and want to be among the first then its a good option. If your unsure then I would just wait a few months.

Anyone wanting more information about specs or shipping date, give them a call!
Phone: 801-224-3477 or Email: sales@ststurbo.com but would highly recommend calling.
I am glad they waited too........I was curious too because of the alleged issues that were reported.

I don't have the funds for it right now anyway, but I might just do this next year

I will keep you guys in my contacts list for the setup.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #22
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Agreed, thats what I would recommend. It comes with detailed instructions. STS claims a 12 hour install, so I would assume if your mechanic charges $65.00 an hour it would run about $800. Best option is get your gear head friends over and buy some beer and pizza haha.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Ummm.......AMEN........lmfao!! That looked awesome and pretty much gave me a halfie

BTW mrray.......I know exactly when you post now, seems like you hit up this sit big time at lunch hour When you are not busy bustin down punks.
Nope, lol..just don't go in until midnight tonight, was off last two days. Normally work second shifts, right during lunch, or just before, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
So let me get this straight...

You guys beg for FI... A few try it. You guys Blast them for not being able to break new ground that has never been broken before.

They try again and and this time make it available for purchase.... And you still call

I'm sure when they do post videos and dyno sheets you will probably say it was photoshoped... or edited......

You know us v6ers, lol. We want it all, we want it all now and we want it to work now!

In all reality, since STS hasn't updated this themselves, nor AAC, I'm sure it's more about what's happened since the roll out at C5Fest. I believe if someone strapped this on, it would make a huge difference, I wish I had the cash to do it, because it would be on my car right now, lol. Maybe we can get STS to prototype a second car? (like mine!!)
Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #24
speedy_g

Drives: CAMARO RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameovergt View Post
I LOVE THE GUN RACK
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #25
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
So let me get this straight...

You guys beg for FI... A few try it. You guys Blast them for not being able to break new ground that has never been broken before.

They try again and and this time make it available for purchase.... And you still call

I'm sure when they do post videos and dyno sheets you will probably say it was photoshoped... or edited......

I don't see it that way at all, and I don't think anybody is bashing them for trying. I am thrilled they are trying. I am just realistic about the fact that it is not an easy thing they are doing. When a vendor says something is ready to ship this month and they start taking money, they are stating to the consumer that they can deliver this kit in the near future. The fact that STS is breaking new ground is the very reason many of us roll our eyes when "announcements" like this are made. If you do overstate the availability of your product, you know you are going to catch a little flak from it.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #26
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
An install on someone's daily driver would have gone a long way in gaining preorders rather than us waiting and seeing what happens or a updated report from the AAC car.
I'm not buying on promise's, rep. or a sales pitch.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
I don't see it that way at all, and I don't think anybody is bashing them for trying. I am thrilled they are trying. I am just realistic about the fact that it is not an easy thing they are doing. When a vendor says something is ready to ship this month and they start taking money, they are stating to the consumer that they can deliver this kit in the near future. The fact that STS is breaking new ground is the very reason many of us roll our eyes when "announcements" like this are made. If you do overstate the availability of your product, you know you are going to catch a little flak from it.
Fair point... But at some point we have to reserve judgement until we can prove the system works or it doesn't...

I'm sure they understand the risk if this thing is not ablt to deliver the approximate numbers they claim...

It seems like we are "ready fire aim" sometimes... Lets get an independant test...

and see what's what before we fire....

That's all I'm saying.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #28
LosingReality

Drives: Camaro LS
Im not too far from them, ill volunteer my car to be a tester!

But i get to keep the turbo afterwards!
LosingReality is offline   Reply With Quote