Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #127
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
I was debating about eventually trading my car in a couple of years for a better and newer model Camaro. If I could get a Z28 with a better interior, then I might go for it. But I think we need to get more info before anyone jumps the gun on this thing.

As per the interior, I have no issues with it, but think the new Mustangs have a nicer interior. People complain about others complaining about the interior. Well you are the one driving in the car and surronded by the interior. Sure, you want a muscle car that is fast and looks great on the outide, but a muscle car with the latest and greatest technology in the interior is even nicer, in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #128
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Z28 was the RPO code for a camaro destined to duel with the pesky 5.0L mustang on the race track... you know, the one with turns in it. It wasn't gonna happen until GM found a solution to make a motor with no more than 5 liters.. almost didn't get approved.

So, yes, in the beginning, the SS was the original badass and the Z28 was the special Road Race version.

I like the interior but I DD radio would be great! Oh, and a taller roof line, memory seats and an adjustable passengers seat option.... gotta keep the wife happy. She aint happy, NOBODY in the car is happy.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #129
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
She aint happy, NOBODY in the car is happy.
Easy solution: get her a prius or leave her at home.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #130
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
you should be driving in this car not eating/drinking. . . .man bring back the driving machine. screw the cup holders!
Naah. That wouldn't be good. Observe:

Marcus Burnett: Hey man where-where-where's your cup holder?
Mike Lowrey: I don't have one.
Marcus Burnett: What the f*** you mean you don't have one? $80,000 for this car and you ain't got no damn cup holder?
Mike Lowrey: It's $105,000 and this happens to be one of the fastest production cars on the planet. Zero to sixty in four seconds, sweetie. It's a limited edition.
Marcus Burnett: You damn right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat. Just a shiny d*** with two chairs in it. I guess we the balls just draggin' the f*** along.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #131
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
BINGO!! I am old school I guess but the Camaros history show the "Z" is top o line. Its just the 4th gens that confused it.
so does that mean it makes you mad if they dont put a smaller engine in the Z28?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #132
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Good news, I bet it has to do with CAMARO or something on the dash, I can'timagine it changing too terribly much but then again.

The other thing that bothers me about the current interior. The door panels are a dark silver, the trim around the steering wheel and the gauge cluster bezel are a lighter less metallic silver, then there is the brownish gold silvery color of the center gauge cluster and stereo, then there is chrome, then flat black plastic and one other I cant remember right this minute. Basically there are 6 different "colors" in teh interior. 2 or 3, maybe 4 (chrome as an accent like it is) but 6?... The colored stuff should have been matching, all the silvers should match not 2 shades with the third being bronzish in color... It really does not bother me too much, just something I notice as a designer myself. But again good news for sure, I have a buddy waiting for the Vert. I've always wanted an SS but I am happy for those wanting the Z/28, if I want to corner better I can add suspension to my SS or more HP even, so I am happy with what I have. Although I do plan to retro fit the HUD in my 2010 :-)
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #133
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
Actually the SS was the top dog with the 1st Generation. Do some research.

Big block Camaro SS cars were doing high 11 quarter miles with just aftermarket headers and slicks. The 302 Z/28 came nowhere close.

So, the 1st and 4th Generation both had the SS at the top of the line. Not sure what history you guys are reading though.
hmmm im pretty sure you guys are both wrong (from what i know) wasnt the top dog like the ZL1 or somthing
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:00 AM   #134
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
Easy solution: get her a prius or leave her at home.
in the kitchen *
jkjk
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #135
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rays1417 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the 5th gen win an award for interior design for a sports car?
It won in part, due to it's tribute to the first gen interior.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #136
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
so...... i got my new issues of motor trend and Automobile magazine...
sorry if this is a repeat... there's a 22-page "sneak peek" feature in automobile mag...
and its states (which i once thought...why not?) that the CAMARO Z28 will be getting the 556hp (Caddy CTS-V) supercharged V8! ...
Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #137
Dep130
Póg mo thóin!

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
you should be driving in this car not eating/drinking. . . .man bring back the driving machine. screw the cup holders!

Dep130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #138
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
One this we can see here is there are people who want a drivers, enthusiast version Camaro and people who want a tech-savy, well appointed Camaro - and THEY ARE BOTH RIGHT! The people that are not concerned about options, luxury, and want pure performance are 100% right and the people who want options, navi, HUD, park assist , etc are 100% right. It is important to take both options into consideration and develop a platform that can deliver to both segments because I would rather capture BOTH side's dollars than make a car that turns away one side to another brand...

I believe GM is already aware of this situation and is taking that into consideration for their 2012 model year. I imagine the interior changes will include design changes that can incorporate more lux items if need be (such as nav, where right now that cannot be done) The Z28 (at this point) seems to be the driver's car and the GM Dusk concept is clearly GM being aware of people looking for a 3-series equivalent.

Other companies do this - such as the lancer Evolutions VIII and IX (they had the RS sans AC and radio and they had the MR with suede seats, more options, etc)

GM refining a platform that simultaneously could compete in the Audi A5/ 3-series market as well as the Mustang/Challenger segments is a great idea, because remember, everyone's opinion about the Camaro should be taken seriously b/c they all are potential buyers and will speak with their $$$
Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #139
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
Naah. That wouldn't be good. Observe:

Marcus Burnett: Hey man where-where-where's your cup holder?
Mike Lowrey: I don't have one.
Marcus Burnett: What the f*** you mean you don't have one? $80,000 for this car and you ain't got no damn cup holder?
Mike Lowrey: It's $105,000 and this happens to be one of the fastest production cars on the planet. Zero to sixty in four seconds, sweetie. It's a limited edition.
Marcus Burnett: You damn right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat. Just a shiny d*** with two chairs in it. I guess we the balls just draggin' the f*** along.

aaahhh pop culture. . .got to love bad boys. . .but marcus has the mentality of most Americans. you live in your car so you need cup holders. . .etc. where as mike knows what a car like that is built for. . .if you want cup holders get a sedan. . .if you want a drivers car get something that the cup holders weren't installed or an after thought.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #140
CamaroSS27

Drives: G8 GXP, 02 z28
I think it will just make it a little more luxurious imo. Kinda like you see on the mustang commercials trying to make it seem like there car is soooo nice inside.
CamaroSS27 is offline   Reply With Quote