Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
Justinktm
Camaro Freak

Drives: Black 2000 SLP SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Justinktm
Exclamation What Are Some Mods I Should Do First??

I have a 2000 SS camaro and i dont have a clue what i should do first and im not talking about motor or anything i want visual upgrades but for a decent price because im still in highschool and i want to make it look even nicer so here is a picure of my car please suggest anything.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Drives: 95 3.4l V6
Visual? Umm....
Smoked/Blackout Taillight and Headlight Covers! Will make this car look HAWT!
New Black Powdercoated rims?

As for motor and horsepower, try a nice CAI (Cold Air Intake) and maybe a nice Exhaust. There are many more you can do to make it sound loud and make it fast. All the kids will be like "Holy SHITTTTT" lol. Mine does that and it is only a v6
Old 05-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
LED tail lights, but get just the red part smoked or painted on, leave the clear. Get an HID kit for the headlights, will make them look better. Get some new rims, I'd say 20" savini or diablos, and upgrade the suspension at the same time. Replace the ugly plastic grill with a different one. Tint the windows.

Also, there is a lot of work that you can do with the engine. But seeing how you are only a hs student, you may not have the cash, so I'll just leave it at that for now.
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
I say leave the exterior as-is. Wheels will be too expensive for you, good looking aftermarket tail lights don't exist for our cars, and tinting the lights is probably illegal in your area. If you want something noticeable to people as you drive by, get a catback exhaust system. There are lots to choose from, both new and used, and they can be had for under $400.

And get a lid--the factory one is the lid sealing off the top of the air box, right over the air filter. See how it has those big fin/resonator things sticking out the sides of the pipe going to the front of the engine? Yeah, get rid of that thing and you'll gain 5-10hp. It'll make your motor sound cooler as well.
Use this instead: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-21045/

And these are some popular choices for catback systems. Look around ebay and craigslist too.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/y...s/?Ns=Rank|Asc
Old 05-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
I say leave the exterior as-is. Wheels will be too expensive for you, good looking aftermarket tail lights don't exist for our cars, and tinting the lights is probably illegal in your area. If you want something noticeable to people as you drive by, get a catback exhaust system. There are lots to choose from, both new and used, and they can be had for under $400.

And get a lid--the factory one is the lid sealing off the top of the air box, right over the air filter. See how it has those big fin/resonator things sticking out the sides of the pipe going to the front of the engine? Yeah, get rid of that thing and you'll gain 5-10hp. It'll make your motor sound cooler as well.
Use this instead: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-21045/

And these are some popular choices for catback systems. Look around ebay and craigslist too.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/y...s/?Ns=Rank|Asc
Could you explain the lid thing a bit more? Would it really be that easy to just take those things out for more hp/better sounding engine?
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
Install the center mounted exhaust and valence. Please don't tint your windows or light. Don't murder out your car either.
JaxJags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
SLP dual dual exhaust, or the center flat oval exhaust imo.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #8
Justinktm
Camaro Freak

Drives: Black 2000 SLP SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Justinktm
Thanks Everyone I really apreciAte it and I already got the slp lid on the intake but Im definately getting hid kit for it and rims I'm starting my job Monday so I can start saving and later I'll get exhaust but if you think there is anything else I Can do just post it I'll check this everyday
Old 05-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
CamaroSS27

Drives: G8 GXP, 02 z28
I think headers should come first! would make it sound awesome! Anyways get some duplicolor wheel paint and paint your wheels black that would look really good, and its cheap. they sell it at pepboys, autozone, just youtube it there is some really good DIYs out there.
CamaroSS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
CamaroSS27

Drives: G8 GXP, 02 z28
Dont smoke out your head lights do what is called a "whistler mod" goto www.ls1tech.com and look it up. it looks wayyyyyy better then smoke headlights. You will love it! I promise looks awesome on every camaro!
CamaroSS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
Could you explain the lid thing a bit more? Would it really be that easy to just take those things out for more hp/better sounding engine?
Nope. The baffles are only PART of the problem with the stock air box. If you take the factory lid off and look at its underside, you'll see a bunch of restrictive molded plastic. Aftermarket lids are smooth inside.