Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #141
Prochargedchevyi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
sure , would you not want to know why it failed..tell me 1 thing { moving parts}in this world that works 100% of the time ,and has never failed....just one...now if engine was running over the last 6 months and blew, then i would say tuner issue,not defective, but from what i have read this is a fresh build with fresh dyno...and catastrophic failure..if this is incorrect. than i misread..there is no such thing has a prove product...toyota has many proven products that engineers spent thousands of hrs proving...yet they still failed ..NO SUCH THING AS PROVEN PRODUCT...nasa spent hundreds of thousands of hrs on proven product b4 challenger space shuttle blew up killing everyone on board in less 20 seconds off the pad.. so flip it anyway you want , if my work or parts fail, i want to see it...i have integrity and by no means am i a god that has or does anything that is perfect...you sound like just because you have a product , your above having any imperfection or defect...thats called arrogance..sorry..now if the person exceded what i made the part to do, then no...but if i read correctly , the implied gm rep said that engine was capable of easily attaing 12-1300hp with adder...well falls well below the expectations..
It was a loaded question because the product was never meant to see boost with that large of a bore. The block itself will handle that power with adequate cylinder material, so yes, the expectation was beyond the engineering.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #142
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
when this issue goes to court, who says i'm going to settle for a block?
there are greater damages that i would pursue including but not limited to punitive damages!
And this is exactly why GM is ignoring you now.

Really? You think GM is gonna let you threaten them with legal action...

AND help you out?

Thanks for clearing that little mistery up.

It all makes sense now.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #143
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
but, if the warranty your company issues states that the product wont be covered if you modify this or that, and a consumer buys your product, modifies it out of your warranty range then it breaks.

would you want to spend the thousands (if not more) of $$$ to figure out if it was truly your product that broke because of faulty building when your company isnt going to warranty the product anyway because the customer modified it?
Not an accurate statement. Read the actual warranty statement more closely. Then look up the definition of "caused" by.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #144
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
when this issue goes to court, who says i'm going to settle for a block?
there are greater damages that i would pursue including but not limited to punitive damages!
HA!
You actually think you are getting punitive damages?
Any judge will laugh at you for even mentioning it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
And this is exactly why GM is ignoring you now.

Really? You think GM is gonna let you threaten them with legal action...

AND help you out?

Thanks for clearing that little mistery up.

It all makes sense now.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #145
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonLS3 View Post
what a miserable outlook. i know i'll never buy from this guy
Quote:
i find your topics and posts boring, but i dont post negative
mean spirited posts about you.
I am tired of dealing with this and this crap storm it has created. You keep dragging this up and for what? What is the purpose of keeping this thread going like this? I have talked to the other person and asked him to stop this but it continues. Your being told over and over the same thing but yet you keep arguing and continuing. If it didn't effect my day I would not post in here but it DOES and I will be kind and leave it at that. Please just stop. If you get GM to refund you then great post it up but your not adding any new or helpful information its just spamming at this point and really needs to just stop. This is what the 3rd thread ? If I have to look like an a-hole then so be it but this crap has got to stop.

I'll drop from this thread, I've asked nicely.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #146
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
The way I see it - $hit happens. A 454 LSX block just isn't made for FI due to the stroke/bore configuration but some people get them to work. This one didn't.

In the past alot of LS shops tried the biggest cube motors with FI and figured it out years ago that it wasn't the best. Nowadays there are better blocks that let you do this but the LSX is not it.

I see absolutely no hope in winning any court case on this. Too many variables. They will easilly bring up tuning. Some detenation could of helped cause that problem. An injector not balanced right ect.

Comes down to, got to pay to play.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #147
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prochargedchevyi View Post
It was a loaded question because the product was never meant to see boost with that large of a bore. The block itself will handle that power with adequate cylinder material, so yes, the expectation was beyond the engineering.
well that is it EXACTLY ... the implied part that makes all the diff...a Gm representive from gm IMPLIED that it was a realistic thing to do...if it was never mentioned by a high touted employee from gm..i agree, no case.. if it was a counter person behind the parts dept of gm, i am looking into it further b4 i decide on the lsx motor...so , really it was implied by a high ranking gm professional , from the performance dept.that made these ideas...what i,m really saying is that , with gm,s rd dept, and the fact that they are trying to rebuild the gm brand.. i would think that they would at least take a look at the block..i,m not saying nobody is right or wrong, just that gm should @ the least , make sure its not there issue..
Old 01-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #148
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
HA!
You actually think you are getting punitive damages?
Any judge will laugh at you for even mentioning it.

I guess that most of you guys don't know who fastfaster is.....You'll be suprised what will happen in the end. And in a good way!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #149
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I guess that most of you guys don't know who fastfaster is.....You'll be suprised what will happen in the end. And in a good way!
Don't know and don't matter.
The punitive damages claim is ludicrous no matter who you are.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #150
fastfaster
Account Suspended

Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lsx454r 13:1 compression and states it is capable of supporting nitrous/ power adders

a quote from GM Performance Parts for their lsx454r with 13.1:1 compression :

"The LSX454R’s bottom end includes our new tall-deck cylinder block and an all-forged rotating assembly. And while we rate the engine at 720 horsepower in its naturally aspirated form, it is capable of supporting nitrous and other power adders for even greater power."

in all the other threads where posters said its wrong to run a supercharger on hi compression, what say you?

or is GMPP wrong to tell custormers to run superchargers on these motors?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #151
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
a quote from GM Performance Parts for their lsx454r with 13.1:1 compression :

"The LSX454R’s bottom end includes our new tall-deck cylinder block and an all-forged rotating assembly. And while we rate the engine at 720 horsepower in its naturally aspirated form, it is capable of supporting nitrous and other power adders for even greater power."

in all the other threads where posters said its wrong to run a supercharger on hi compression, what say you?

or is GMPP wrong to tell custormers to run superchargers on these motors?
I say GM Performance Parts needs to tell the marketing people to drop the pen and slowly back away from the LSX brochures. They should not be publishing that kind of bad information. It is very mis-leading. Nitrous and super chargers should not be used on 13.1:1 engines.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #152
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
remember 1 thing.

a piece of paper will sit there and let anyone wright what ever they want on it!

and TV oh goodness lets not go there.

what they need next is a commercial that says and wait for a limited time we will send you 2 with shipping and handling.

lol but not funny. all the bull Companies sell.

Team LS-3
Old 01-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #153
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I wonder if getting a lawyer would be worth while

There is probably some disclaimer in small print about not being responsible for errors, misprints, and inaccuracies.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #154
fastfaster
Account Suspended

Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
here is gmpp advertisment.
3rd paragraph ---------------- 13.1 compression!
my blown lsx454 ran on race gas

d

Closed Thread