Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #29
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
I never said I did....I actually put canceled challenger when I canceled my order in the drives section and it just shows challenger....i guess it's destiny
so what car are you gonna get now?

you know the 2010 mustang is a nice car.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #30
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
so what car are you gonna get now?

you know the 2010 mustang is a nice car.

It also pulled the 2010 Edmund's Most Overrated list... alongside the Challenger SRT.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #31
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
It also pulled the 2010 Edmund's Most Overrated list... alongside the Challenger SRT.
and the camaro will probably end up on the list too....edmunds blows hard....they got a 5.5 with a manual srt8 when all other mags got 4.6-4.7

i guess they were being honest because they suck at driving thus making the car seem overrated
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 AM   #32
GatorBlue371

Quote:
and the camaro will probably end up on the list too....edmunds blows hard....they got a 5.5 with a manual srt8 when all other mags got 4.6-4.7

i guess they were being honest because they suck at driving thus making the car seem overrated
... the list is out. The camaro cant 'end up' on it.

The reason the mustang was there is because its basically no different from the previous MY. And the reason the challenger was on there is because its basically the same $$ as the GT500 while loosing horribly to it.

But you can check my sig on how i rank them personally.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 02-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #33
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:

ohhhh kevin you silly goose
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #34
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
ohhhh kevin you silly goose
it's silly geese because there is more than 1 of me.....

that was deep
Old 02-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #35
GatorBlue371

Quote:

that was deep

Thats what she said
Old 02-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #36
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Thats what she said
yes that's what my gf says but I'm confused whether it's me or she's loud because she is latina.....oh well the mysteries of the world...........what am i doing awake.....
Old 02-19-2009, 12:44 AM   #37
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:

that was deep
WOOOOOOO you just blew my mind
Old 02-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #38
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
WOOOOOOO you just blew my mind
what can i say ima deep brother
Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #39
MrKrisSullivan
New 2 The "DARK-SIDE"

Drives: 2003 Ram HEMI 4x4 Slt 20in
so gator blue???/ you like the bullit over the R/T??? When all your getting is a CIA... just throw that on the R/T and it easily takes that spot your bullit is in...
I hardly think you can find a GT500 to even buy much less in the price range of an SRT-8 Challenger...
And you put the LS2 Goat over the GT500...Wow!!!...
Hey gator do you plan to buy a car on what a mag says?? Or what you want? The Camaro better be fast cause it's kinda ugly... you know like the chick you'd bang if you had a few beers in you, but prolly wouldn't flirt with sober... Ohh where's the 'Vette on your list??
MrKrisSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #40
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrisSullivan View Post
so gator blue???/ you like the bullit over the R/T??? When all your getting is a CIA... just throw that on the R/T and it easily takes that spot your bullit is in...
I hardly think you can find a GT500 to even buy much less in the price range of an SRT-8 Challenger...
And you put the LS2 Goat over the GT500...Wow!!!...
Hey gator do you plan to buy a car on what a mag says?? Or what you want? The Camaro better be fast cause it's kinda ugly... you know like the chick you'd bang if you had a few beers in you, but prolly wouldn't flirt with sober... Ohh where's the 'Vette on your list??
You sir, are an idiot.

Where do I start with your post?

The LS2 Goat over the GT500 is a no brainer... for less than 20k you can get a perfect condition, <5K miles GTO which will run with the GT500 only losing by tenths of a second for about 20k less. Now i know this is a long shot judging by the content of your own post, but id ASSUME even YOU know what you could do with twenty thousand dollars. BTW this is ignoring the fact that the GTO has superior build quality over the GT500.

Yes i like the Bullitt over the R/T, have you ever driven them? The Bullitt has about a 500lb weight adv. on the R/T resulting in a much more athletic feeling car. You can have alot more fun in a Bullitt than you can in an R/T period. Its slightly faster but the weight is the real reason it wins out here, while the fact that you don't see them everywhere puts it above the normal GT.

I left the Viper and Corvette off because i didnt see a reason to put them in. Technically they would be classified as a type of muscle car, but for the purpose of my own personal list, they didn't fit the bill. Obviously it would have cluttered the list a bit, ZR1 on top, ACR next, Z06, SRT-10 etc...

I know people have different opinions, and your entitled to think the Camaro is ugly. I think your an idiot. But hey, to all their own.

As for me, im not a brand loyalist. You'll find many threads on this site from me about the Nissan Z or any other number of cars i find interesting. I am a car enthusiast, not a fan boy. People confuse the two when someone takes sides.

Last edited by GatorBlue371; 02-19-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #41
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Sheesh guys, thanks for whorin' up my thread

Parts dept is checking on the Vortech supercharger and how it affects the Lifetime Warranty. Waiting on them to call me back.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #42
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Sheesh guys, thanks for whorin' up my thread

Parts dept is checking on the Vortech supercharger and how it affects the Lifetime Warranty. Waiting on them to call me back.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote