Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
**CAI Inc. Supercharger CAI Release!!**

CAI Inc. Supercharger compatible Cold Air Intake system!!

Here are some of the bigger details that I know many of you are waiting for, there is a more detailed read below regarding the how and why we chose to design the new system the way we did.

RWHP gains compared to a Magnuson Supercharged Camaro with the stock airbox: +24 RWHP!!!!

Torque Gains compared to a Magnuson Supercharged Camaro with the stock airbox: +12 ft-lb RWTQ!!!!

The kit is available in 4 different options and fits the Magnuson or Whipple Supercharger, here are the different options:

**WE WILL HAVE MORE PHOTOS TO COME IN THE FUTURE**

Supercharger Complete kit in Silver, $399.99 - http://www.coldairinductions.com/che...oated-black-99

Supercharger Complete Kit in Black, $399.99 - http://www.coldairinductions.com/che...r-coated-black

Supercharger Conversion/Update Kit in Silver (this is for customers who already have our CAI and have added or will be adding the Supercharger) $159.99 - http://www.coldairinductions.com/che...ated-black-100

Supercharger Conversion/Update Kit in Black (this is for customers who already have our CAI and have added or will be adding the Supercharger) $159.99 - http://www.coldairinductions.com/che...ated-black-101

Here is one of the Dyno sheets comparing the stock airbox to the Cold Air Inductions Inc intake system:

As for the system design itself, we originally were trying to do a 1 piece solid Aluminum tube like our original Camaro CAI. After a lot of Dyno Pulls, Flow analysis, and other testing and factors we decided to go with the design you see above. This set-up allowed us to get the highest performance results as well keep the system as affordable as possible (As you can see we are not charging anymore for this system compared to our standard CAI). Below is some of the actual CAD work showing the system. From first glance at the photo above you may think we just did a 90 degree coupler and a straight tube, after lookng at the CAD work you will see that that is not at all the case.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x517 and weights 47KB.

There are a few things to point out in the photo above. The Downward angled coupler and Tube for shortest and smoothest airflow. (The standard intake tube is straight horizontally) We decided to use a Coupler and revised tube design as opposed to a 1 piece solid tube because after multiple flow analysis with different designs we found that this design offered the best flow and efficiency. Also, to use a 1 piece tube with the correct bends and angles needed for optimal performance gains, it would have to have significantly more welds and grinding which would result in a tube that does not look as good finished, and would cost more due the additional manufacturing time. The only way to get a metal tube to have these radical bends that we needed to get the best gains while still maintaing a good centerline radius would be to have the tube hydro-formed. We designed the system this way as opposed to a 1 piece intake tube for 2 reasons, optimal performance while keeping the system affordable to our customers.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x517 and weights 24KB.

In the above photo you will see the downward facing PCV Bung for hidden breather port. This will allow for a more seamless look and keep hoses out of the way and more out of sight. The Smooth Bore Tube Stop on the throttle body side of the coupler will allow for a smooth transistion of air from elbow/coupler to the throttle body. The photo below ahows the smooth bore tube stop that we design into all of the CAI Inc. couplers and high performance air filters.

The photo below gives you another angle of the Smooth Bore Tube Stop for smooth transition of air between filter and Tube.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x517 and weights 33KB.

I hope you guys are as excited as we are in this new product, it has the quality and results you have come to expect from the Cold Air Inductions Brand. I am sure there will be a few questions but I think I probably covered the majority of them above. Thanks Camaro5 Members!!!!!

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 11-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Good job Bill.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Sales @ CAI Inc

Thanks Scott!!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
man now all I need is a Maggie and I'm set
Old 07-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
man now all I need is a Maggie and I'm set
Sounds Good!!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Bill, What advantage would it be for me to pick this up. I already Have a modified C.A.I. from Jannetty to fit my whipple. Any performance gains or would it be just for looks.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Bill, What advantage would it be for me to pick this up. I already Have a modified C.A.I. from Jannetty to fit my whipple. Any performance gains or would it be just for looks.
Well I am not sure exactly what has been modified or the numbers your modified version is getting. I can tell you that this update was designed to maximize performance. I am sure that it would help, I just can't tell you how much because I have never done testing on what you have. For the price of the update kit, I think it would be worth your while to get it.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Well I am not sure exactly what has been modified or the numbers your modified version is getting. I can tell you that this update was designed to maximize performance. I am sure that it would help, I just can't tell you how much because I have never done testing on what you have. For the price of the update kit, I think it would be worth your while to get it.
Thanks Bill. I'm pretty sure just the tube was modified. I'll talk to Ted and get his thoughts.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Thanks Bill. I'm pretty sure just the tube was modified. I'll talk to Ted and get his thoughts.
Sounds good.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Got a bunch coming for stock and they are on our site now

http://jreperformanceparts.com/2010-...ercharger.html

Last edited by NickJRE; 07-29-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Sales @ CAI Inc

FYI - We already sold all of the update kits!! If you already placed you order it should ship beggining of next week. Any orders placed now and moving forward will probably have a 2-3 week lead time. After that they should generally be in stock.

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 08-02-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Got a bunch coming for stock and they are on our site now

http://jreperformanceparts.com/2010-...ercharger.html
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
FYI - We already sold all of the update kits!! If you already placed you order it should ship beggining of next week. Any orders placed now and moving forward will probably have a 2-3 week lead time. After that they should generally be in stock.
Very suprised as to how many of these units we sold in just 3-4 days, current lead time is now 3-4 weeks to ship. After that they should be in stock!!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #14
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
anyone receive the updated kit yet? if so was the maf slot messed up?

Closed Thread