Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #15
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
wow... just wow...
if anyone ever treated me like that... i would seriously hurt thier business...
not in a all out rage and crazy way... but where it really hurts... thier pockets.
I think we need to hear all three sides to the story. The OP's side, the dealer's side and the truth.

It sounds like it got into a macho, tough guy pissing match. If the OP bought the car from them, he already contributed to their pockets. If he bought elsewhere, he should call his original dealer and ask them about his transmission and service it there. Arnold Chevrolet can refuse service to anyone. Especially if that customer thinks they can get loud and start screaming (if that's the case) in the service department and/or showroom.

You will certainly get more with honey than vinegar.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Especially if that customer thinks they can get loud and start screaming (if that's the case) in the service department and/or showroom.
He wasn't screaming, the service manager was the one doing the screaming and yelling.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #17
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
I think we need to hear all three sides to the story. The OP's side, the dealer's side and the truth.

It sounds like it got into a macho, tough guy pissing match. If the OP bought the car from them, he already contributed to their pockets. If he bought elsewhere, he should call his original dealer and ask them about his transmission and service it there. Arnold Chevrolet can refuse service to anyone. Especially if that customer thinks they can get loud and start screaming (if that's the case) in the service department and/or showroom.

I urge everyone in that area to avoid Arnold Chevrolet in West Babylon NY's service Dept. based on thug like action towards a paying customer. They have hired a lawyer and are threatening threatening their client for posting in a forum exactly how his service dept. visit went. It is a free country and "freedom of Speech" is there for a reason. If the OP leaves this dealer alone, then the dealer has won and the bad behavior is rewarded..

RPO_Z28, Your attitude is of defending the dealer for some reason, or implying the OP is not telling the truth. You have to then question every members anti- dealer rants with the same skepticism since none would have tape recordings or video's of such arguments or dealer bad behavior.. However his story does not seem outlandish or distorted. In court, the dealership worker in question who told the camaro5 member that the V6 problem and transmission is the same as the V8's to shrug the persons claim off and then told the customer off is at fault, not the customer. In a small claims court, the dealers slander claims would go nowhere and they would have to pay lawyer fee's at the minimum for attempting to sue. It is only threats, I doubt they will waste money and take this to court anyways. I personally was treated much worse by a dealer here in Miami and was outright lied to by everyone up the food chain for months in a bait and switch for the Camaro I was going to order. Kendall Chevrolet in Miami for 6 months told me I would get my car for $500 below MSRP. They called me up finally and said "come on over" so I could pay the deposit and place the order. I have my checkbook in hand and the manager proceeds to tell me they will sell me the car at $5000 over MSRP, not $500 below.. I posted this on this website the same day in the Price Gouging thread and I even told them that day I would do it and gave them the link to my thread.. I have not gone back to Kendall Chevrolet and every time I drive past it with my Camaro, I wish I had some eggs to throw at them for such horrible horrible people working there.. On the other hand, Classic Chevrolet in Texas is the exact opposite and are a great dealer so I will not lump all dealers in that category.. However most of them in Miami have high markups if not all of them, and I hope no one gets lied to by their salesman for months as I was lied to.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #18
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Quote:
Just curious if the OP bought the Camaro from Arnold Chevrolet.
Especially since that doesn't matter whatsoever in terms of their obligation of servicing a customer who purchased a GM product?

Quote:

There are only two sides to a story...and generally they both have elements of truth...just truths that are told from varying perspectives. I don't believe this SM was intentially trying to be an a-hole...but I think he acted irrationally by refusing service because he was called out on his lack of knowledge. Once you make a mistake like that its too late. Its done. I also don't know where you got the idea that these guys were having a pissing match when it seems obvious that the manager was wrong and the customer was right in regards to the FACTS about the vehicle.

Sure...that service department and owner of that dealership can refuse service to anyone. We also have the right to boycott any dealer. See what happens when a dealer's owner doesn't man up and admit when one of his employees messed up? They lose A LOT of business.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 PM   #19
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
OK I'm out of hiding (somewhat).
RPO - I hear what you are saying and you are correct. Customers do not deserve to be loudmouths. And I was not. And you're correct, this is only one side of the story. And yes there are 3 sides mine, the other guys and the truth.
The car was purchased in Virginia and I cannot return there from NY for service.
I would welcome the dealership to present their side of the story, I'm trying to be honest here and I normally would not post a critical "OPINION" about a business if I didn't feel it was warranted.
In my lifetime just like everyone on this forum I've purchased thousands and thousands of products. Most all work fine and no problem. When there is a problem I've been able to get it dealt with and most always the customer service is pretty good. If not I try to negotiate a reasonable compromise -as close as one can get to a "win-win" situation.
But I refuse to be treated IN MY OPINION like an idiot. To be talked over, yelled at and not given the courtesy of getting a phone call back from the management of a business (except for the one threatening to sue me) is IN MY OPINION rude.
I greatly appreciate the support of my fellow Camaro5 posters.
Your posts have lifted my spirits and removed most of my fears of this rediculous pending legal action.
Thanks!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
EDIT: I QUIT!

Last edited by Smokintires; 08-31-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #21
Van

Though I doubt they would go bankrupt from a single post on one particular car enthusiast forum....when a business goes bankrupt it would have been of their own doing. That's what happens to businesses who either don't change with the times or don't maintain good customer service.
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009

Last edited by Van; 08-31-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
Guys calm down. I put a deposit down at Arnold and the salesman was very nice, he let me sit in the dealership camaro that was outside. The salesman knew what he was talking about. Unfortunately something came up and i had to cancel my order. And the salesman was nice and he said " sorry we couldn't do business today but maybe there will be another time" and he gave me my deposit back. he didn't throw the check back at me or anything. And if any of you have driven through Lindenhurst you will notice that there is a Arnold Chevrolet sticker on the back of ALOT of cars, So I am positive that they are a great dealership. As for the legal action they took i stand behind them, because this is a isolated incedent and if you go to a huge forum and start judging them on this one fluke like this people will talk to other people and their reputation will be ruined and they will have to go bankrupt.
IF U READ IT WAS NOT SALES DEPT WHERE THE PROBLEM IS
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #23
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Especially since that doesn't matter whatsoever in terms of their obligation of servicing a customer who purchased a GM product?
In a fairy tale world you may think that it does not matter. It absolutely has plenty to do with it.

If you spent your money somewhere else to buy it, then take it back there to service it. I'm not saying it's right. I think we would be kidding ourselves to think otherwise.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #24
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
EDIT: I Quit this post.

Last edited by Smokintires; 08-31-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #25
Van

Quote:
In a fairy tale world you may think that it does not matter. It absolutely has plenty to do with it.

If you spent your money somewhere else to buy it, then take it back there to service it. I'm not saying it's right. I think we would be kidding ourselves to think otherwise.
I'm sorry man...but I don't live in a fairy tale world and your idea that it is a factor is absolutely incorrect. That's like saying that because I bought my car in Texas and then moved to California that I should not receive service from that dealer in my new state because I didn't buy it from them.

While a business can deny servicing any patron, it doesn't absolve them of their original duty to provide the original service as advertised. This dealer's service department--regardless of where the product was purchased--is there to take car of GM (and specifically Chevy) consumers. How can the fact that the person didn't buy the car there have any basis whatsoever in them doing their job correctly and even moreso KNOWING what they were doing in the first place?
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #26
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
EDIT: I Quit this post.
CANT THIS COMP IS FOR IM BETWEEN STORES. SORRY BUT STILL WOULD LIKE SOMONE TO FIND OUT FROM DEALERS SIDE WHAT WENT WRONG IN SERVICE DEPT.
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #27
RPO_Z28

I doubt that this is the case. Chances are the OP lives here, but ordered somewhere else.

Your example is a different scenario.

Thanks for the spirited discussion.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #28
J3ffZ28

Drives: 2010 2ss blk white stripes camaro
wow they really want to sue you for exercising your freedom of speech then i say go for it and give their A** to them!
nothing makes me more mad when someone who mistreats their customers
3000, Order accepted by production control:8/20/09
TPW: 9/14/09
3300, Order scheduled for production: 8/31/09
3400, Order broadcast 9/14/09
3800, Order produced 9/22/09
4000, Available to ship 9/22/09
4200, Shipped 9/29/09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 10/7/09
6000, Delivered to the customer 10/7/09
J3ffZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote