Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
Simple fix, stop listening to the music u are listening to
, Listen to Heavy Metal and it sounds great
Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #16
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
install subwoofer and change out head end unit...done deal.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
YodaOnCrack

Drives: 2011/1LT/RS/VictoryRed/Bl.Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
you never want to push signal through an amp to a lead (wire) that has no speaker load to release to, if you disconnect the lead from the amplifier itself you'll be fine.
Right, but the unfortunate thing is you can't disconnect the lead from the amp, it's built-in harness. There lies the problem. So, guys are either unplugging the speaker or cutting the wire, which I was told will cause damage to the amp. Just don't want to see anyone f up their system by doing this if that's the case. Recently got my car with the BA system, been reading the threads, got tint yesterday, and asked the audio tech to do this for me while I was there. He said no way I'm not and neither should you do this with that explanation.

Originally posted by y2k king

Will this eliminate the center speaker without unplugging it or cutting the wire? That speaker does sound like shit. It would be nice if it were gone without damaging any of the system
YodaOnCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
8 cylinders > 9 speakers

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #19
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
hells yeah!!!

and BTW, half way thru the run in 2010 they changed the amp in the BA system. Too many people were blowing their speakers, so they tuned down the amps. I blew my speaker and had to specifically tell the service manager NOT to change out my amp.

see this thread for more info....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59377

This is correct, when my front speakers blew they changed my amp also, and now my stereo completely sucks compared to what it was, it sounds like the front speakers are screaming at you due to no bass in the front, and the rear sound like they are only pushing half of what they use to. I think a speaker upgrade would of been better than a system downgrade--you m.fers
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #20
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaOnCrack View Post
Right, but the unfortunate thing is you can't disconnect the lead from the amp, it's built-in harness. There lies the problem. So, guys are either unplugging the speaker or cutting the wire, which I was told will cause damage to the amp. Just don't want to see anyone f up their system by doing this if that's the case. Recently got my car with the BA system, been reading the threads, got tint yesterday, and asked the audio tech to do this for me while I was there. He said no way I'm not and neither should you do this with that explanation.

Will this eliminate the center speaker without unplugging it or cutting the wire? That speaker does sound like shit. It would be nice if it were gone without damaging any of the system
center speaker still works but control of your system is much better.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #21
Krissy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, Summit White
The BA system IS horrible. I listen to a lot of Rock too and it sounds really bad. My Hummer has the GM system and it blows the hell out of the BA in my Camaro. Is GM offering a "fix" for this? Or do I just need to eat it and go buy new speakers and amps at the car audio store?

Bummed.
Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #22
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
I rented a Hyundai Sonata for a business trip and the stereo in it would blow away the upgraded BA system in my RS. GM really didnt give us much of a stereo system.
I am having two 12" Kicker subs installed this morning in a ******** box with a Rockford Fosgate amp. I am sick of the lack of bass in the BA system.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #23
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:

Not correct. If there is no speaker hooked up, there is no load, regardless of if there is a wire connected at the amp or not. Without the speaker to complete the circuit, there is no circuit and the amp could care less if there is a wire terminated on it or not.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #24
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I've owned a lot of GM vehicles with premium sound systems and the BA system in my 2010 is fantastic. Way better than the Bose set-up in my Yukon.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #25
tonyfred

Quote:
An audio tech said not to disconnect from the speaker and especially don't cut the wire as this will cause feedback into the amp damaging it. Can the audio tech's out there either validate or invalidate this statement??? Thanks

I talked to a professional audio shop this morning and they assured me that disconnecting the center speaker would NOT damage the amp in any way.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #26
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
So I test drove 2010 1lt Camaro for the weekend with the ba premium 9 speaker and it sounded amazing. It was clear and clean with good bass. I decided to get 2011 2lt with same options same ba system. It sounds like crap compared to the 2010. Its like Im getting very little bass and sound for that matter from my rear speakers. When I turn up it distorts. I have adjusted levels a thousand times trying to figure out why it doesnt sound good. I have faded sound to just back and they sound like crap. This is the exact same amp and speakers as the 2010. If anyone knows the answer let me know thanks.
Name:  cool story bro.JPG
Views: 858
Size:  38.6 KB
Old 12-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #27
YodaOnCrack

Drives: 2011/1LT/RS/VictoryRed/Bl.Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
I talked to a professional audio shop this morning and they assured me that disconnecting the center speaker would NOT damage the amp in any way.
originally posted by y2k king
center speaker still works but control of your system is much better.

originally posted by justa25thTA
Not correct. If there is no speaker hooked up, there is no load, regardless of if there is a wire connected at the amp or not. Without the speaker to complete the circuit, there is no circuit and the amp could care less if there is a wire terminated on it or not.

Thank you for your replies. Tonyfred...did they give any suggestions as to what you should properly do (i.e. cover or wrap it with?) with the exposed leads after unplugging it?
YodaOnCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #28
tonyfred

No, but there really arent any exposed leads. The wires are in a plug that connects to the speaker. Just unplug it and you are good to go.

Tags
sound