Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #43
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Ive got their Tow Links on my car.....any issues with those that anyone know of?!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #44
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Sorry you guys (a few out of thousands of customers) are having a rough time with GMS. Like Chris and Guy I can say my experience has been more on the positive side. As stated, maybe it's because I am just right in the next town from GMS but the image you present of Joey is not the same one I have or a fair assessment of his products. Though there has been some design changes to some of the pieces I have from GMS they are all really sound. It's been my experience that the third party parts he installed for me have been the things to fail. Here is the link to the latest adventure for me.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296248

And keeping a cool head and explaining to people what is happening I was able to get it taken care of. Yes it did take a little time and effort on my part but that is part of the fun for me in owning the car. Everyone owned up to the failings in the parts on my car and provided at no cost to me. Including some items Joey found that were broken by the original installer of my E-Force that he replaced AT NO COST TO ME. That company was also a local shop but I am not about to go bashing them just because I had a bad experience with them. I am only one of thousands that visited them and I am sure does not set a trend. (But read through the thread and you will see where I think GM is gouging us. Still feel that way.) That being said, Joey B has said he owns a construction company. Reviewing the BBB I see that you have had a complaint in the past. Is that a trend? Don't think so. But there it is, plain as day you had a customer that was not satisfied. I would imagine you probably did everything you could to make them happy. But they still filed with the BBB.

Cool heads and calm discussions usually see things through to the end guys. Hope it all works out for you and hope to see some of you at the Super Chevy Show in Bakersfield next weekend. Going to be a hot one.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ

Last edited by Tom D; 05-29-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #45
slowfofo

Drives: slow
Being a local, I did go to check out GMS too. They seemed cool to me. And what Sweasey said was true. They all bend over backwards to help you out. I had a low tire pressure warning lighht and their guys showed me how to reset my tire pressure monitor system and filled them all up to even. I did not purchase anything yet but it sure seems like my experience is closer to what Sweasey, gmg69 and Tom D said.

Without reading into this too much SSE 4 2SS you said you purchased your turbo kit from TTI. I don't know TTI but if you have a TTI kit and purchased a kit from them why does Granatelli owe you 2 free turbos. I guess I am missing the connection there.
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #46
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
Being a local, I did go to check out GMS too. They seemed cool to me. And what Sweasey said was true. They all bend over backwards to help you out. I had a low tire pressure warning lighht and their guys showed me how to reset my tire pressure monitor system and filled them all up to even. I did not purchase anything yet but it sure seems like my experience is closer to what Sweasey, gmg69 and Tom D said.

Without reading into this too much SSE 4 2SS you said you purchased your turbo kit from TTI. I don't know TTI but if you have a TTI kit and purchased a kit from them why does Granatelli owe you 2 free turbos. I guess I am missing the connection there.
Go ask your buddy JR, he offer you a steak dinner to post this... No wait, probably more like a trip to McD's...

The kit is/was a collaboration between TTI and Granatelli...

It was sold as the TTI/Granatelli Twin Turbo Kit... George built the kit, and Granatelli marketed it. They were in bed together... Now if they has a falling out, that's none of my concern...

So yes, while it was actually purchased from TTI/ they were business partners at the time, and probably are to some degree since JR is still raping people for the kit.

As the op mentioned, google Granatelli and feel free to read the complaints.. on literally every forum out there related to high performance domestic cars. I have no idea if he sells to the import crowd....

Having learned what I have about Granatelli from other very high performance enthusiasts around San Antonio and Central Texas, some of the fastest FI cars out there anywhere, I reiterate, I wouldn't buy a life jacket from him if I was drowning...

This is a bed he made, and continues to rumple so he can lay in it...

oh, and I'm glad he was able to put air in your tires.. I just hope the caps are not green, then they take nitrogen, not air..

I also agree that JR has broken out the rolodex... JR, you're going to be buying lunch for a couple weeks at this rate... It's hysterical how you're coaching these folks in what to say...

And JR doesn't owe me two free turbos, he should have as a vendor replaced them under warranty... it's the TTI/Granatelli Kit... and he does owe me my two original turbo's that I paid for. He raped me on the sale of the two replacements, and then he set the price he would pay me for MYTurbos... He never asked me if I wanted them back, or if I would sell them to him... nope, he just credited my acct back less than I had an offer on the table for them...

Run along back to JR now for more fodder...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #47
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Most of the guys coming to GMS' defence seem to have low post counts. You may not spend much time on forums, so you might read this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294199

The same thing happens over and over again on forums JR has been banned from. He seems to go to any lengths to drum up business; as long as it doesn't involve making his disgruntled customers happy.

Ask yourself...is he making you his pawn?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
slowfofo

You got the wrong guy. I have no connection to them. I was merely stating my experience. The Joey B guy sounds crazy to me. He is all over the place. He admits he cancelled a check just to make a point. He goes on and on about a company (GMS or anyone else) not paying to fix a problem that was created by another part (vender). That seems weird to me. He said:

"Tom, funny how JR just told me last week that even if a new part he installed failed the best he could do was get a replacement part from the company and I would still have to pay for labor as that company would not reimburse him ! WTF really ??? "

It’s always been my experience that if a part fails in a racing incident it’s not covered. That is not a Granatelli thing it is an EVERYTHING. Most warranties read something to like “WE WILL REPLACE YOUR DEFECTIVE PART BUT NOT COVER LABOR." Even not in racing it happens. This happened to me with my first car. WRX with killer stereo. Optima battery was buried in the trunk under 3 amps. Well it failed after 2 months. The stereo shop warranted the battery but charged me the labor to move all the amps out of the way to get to the battery - it was like a 2 hour job. It cost me $100 to get my battery warrantied. I called optima to explain what happened and they said the battery was covered but not the labor. That seemed normal to me even though I was out the $100.

I am not here to fight with anyone – that is not my place and this is not my fight. I respect SSE 4 2SS as a moderator and all he has done for this forum. His words carry a ton of weight. Joey B you seem like you are mad at the world – I mean no disrespect but in your own words Granatelli is trying to help you and you said they are super friendly.

SSE 4 2SS I am not here to debate sorry if I came off the wrong way. I can only speak to my own experience. I truthfully did not understand that TTI is the same as GMS. If that is true then I guess there is something there to what you are saying. Its just confusing because they have different websites and are in different states. In your words - it TTi made teh kit for GMS but you bought a TTI kit. Even if they are teh same kit it seems to me TTi owes you or the person that sold you the kit.??? But again perhaps I am reading this wrong
Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #49
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Well I was tempted to buy some Granatelli brake rotors but after reading this and speaking with Jim from Ohio Speed, I'm gonna go the way of R1 Concepts premium brake rotors.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #50
slowfofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Most of the guys coming to GMS' defence seem to have low post counts. You may not spend much time on forums, so you might read this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294199

The same thing happens over and over again on forums JR has been banned from. He seems to go to any lengths to drum up business; as long as it doesn't involve making his disgruntled customers happy.

Ask yourself...is he making you his pawn?
Well I may be new but that does not make me a bad guy. I saw that thread and it looks like this guy evil came here and posted a few things about his turbo kit and got banned for saying nice things about GMS. Perhaps tht is why Sweasy said above that he might get banned for saying something nice about Granatelli
I am done saying anything nice about those guys - I dont even have their stuff on my car.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #51
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
Well I may be new but that does not make me a bad guy. I saw that thread and it looks like this guy evil came here and posted a few things about his turbo kit and got banned for saying nice things about GMS. Perhaps tht is why Sweasy said above that he might get banned for saying something nice about Granatelli
I am done saying anything nice about those guys - I dont even have their stuff on my car.
I appologize if it came across as me insinuating you were a bad guy. I was just trying to let you guys know he may be using you as a pawn. It isn't that this guy (evilcamaro) was banned for saying nice things about GMS. I don't know why he was banned. I do know that he's posted the same stuff on a lot of forums and when pressed he ends up showing that he is either JR or a lacky. Do a Google search for evilcamaro and forums. I suspect he is actually JR, but I don't have proof. What I do know is if you look at his posts across all the forums a pattern emerges.

1) He seems to hit the ones where JR has been banned
2) He can't keep his story straight and gets pretty flustered when pressed on the discrepancies.

Again, I wasn't targeting you or any of the other posters. Just wanted you to see that so you don't unwittingly become a pawn in the games JR plays.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #52
slowfofo

[QUOTE=JoeyB;6603265]Do you comprehend what you read ??? Dosen't sound like it.
Reread my post again and come back with a better argument.
And Genius, I am very mad.
And if my RACING parts broke while RACING I understand the risk I am taking. But if you read and comprehend what I wrote I HAVEN'T been racing. My car can't even drive down the road without some issue due to Granatelli's faulty work. Even after them putting in a racing transmission I had to bring it back cause their crack mechanic's didn't tighten the bolts (per JR, he went under the car himself due to me bitching something was wrong).
And yea me paying twice for some work on my car is foriegn to me !
Why don't you hire me to install a new water heater in your home and when the heater itself fails within a week or two, we'll see if you are happy to pay me again to install another one that broke at no fault of your own.
Sorry as a business owner sometimes you have to eat a little money to keep your customer happy and a life long client. Not to mention the good word they spread around about your company.
It's pretty clear JR isn't that smart.
BUT I guess it's very rare to find honest and business savy guys like me.
That's why 16+ years in business with ZERO advertising, all work is by word of mouth.

I just said you seem mad about everything - no need to insult everyone that does not see it your way. I hope you find peace within and let us know how and who repairs your car. As a local I am always looking for a great shop and I am sure you will agree there aren't very many around here.

Following your water heater example I understand your point. Installing a water heater is a far cry from racing a car and having something break.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #53
slowfofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I appologize if it came across as me insinuating you were a bad guy. I was just trying to let you guys know he may be using you as a pawn. It isn't that this guy (evilcamaro) was banned for saying nice things about GMS. I don't know why he was banned. I do know that he's posted the same stuff on a lot of forums and when pressed he ends up showing that he is either JR or a lacky. Do a Google search for evilcamaro and forums. I suspect he is actually JR, but I don't have proof. What I do know is if you look at his posts across all the forums a pattern emerges.

1) He seems to hit the ones where JR has been banned
2) He can't keep his story straight and gets pretty flustered when pressed on the discrepancies.

Again, I wasn't targeting you or any of the other posters. Just wanted you to see that so you don't unwittingly become a pawn in the games JR plays.
I agree he seems like a kid that is spending his parents money but that just makes him a kid - They bash him for spelling errors and go off on stuff that would fluster anyone. Seems like he wanted a fast car and got what he wanted. Not everyone is a top notch mechanic. I know enough about cars to get in trouble but not enough to get out of it. Again i don't care about evil-whoever or Granatelli for that matter. I was merely sticking up for the guy based on my experience and instead I got blasted for calling it like I saw it.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #54
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
what are your guys thought on this burnout pic with regards to the waterbox ?
Is that oil on the ground?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #55
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Quote:
LMAO, JR is going thru his rolodex isn't he. You guys are so transparent it's funny. If you notice everyone on here are talking about their OWN experiences with Granatelli but you and Chris also are talking about ME & MY experience with JR in which you know nothing about !
Tom, funny how JR just told me last week that even if a new part he installed failed the best he could do was get a replacement part from the company and I would still have to pay for labor as that company would not reimburse him ! WTF really ???
I have had so many conversations with JR via email and phone in which I was basically schooling him on how to run a sucessful business and give proper customer service and EVERYTIME he would say "I know you're right". One time I even canceled a $7,500. check to him to make a point because I was sick and tired of getting my car back and it having issues. So once it was 100% fixed then I paid him.
And Tom lets try and use some common sense here. I've been in business over 16 years and have dealt with thousands of customers and have only ONE, (count Tom) ONE complaint from a crazy woman that wanted extra work done that was not in the proposal. Now Goggle Granatelli and you will see TONS of complaints on different car forums (chevy, mustang, etc...) Some have even started their own blogs about him being a rip off artist.
Also look at my first post B.A.R. has had numerous complaints about him and mine will be just another of many more to come I'm sure.
Here is the big difference between JR and myself. I came to CA from Jersey not knowing anyone and started a successful business on my own in SB. JR is riding his families coat tails. So tell JR to keep calling his buddies as I am waiting for more of their BS post.

JoeyB, Don't insinuate that you know me or what my relations are with anyone. I came upon this thread just as most have here. You seem very angry and may be justly so. But your approach to calling people names and insulting them is way beyond overboard. If you have that big a problem with GMS than take it to court and then let us know what happened. But your name calling and insults only make you look just like slowfofo see's it. Disgruntled and not making sense. Like that "Crazy Old Lady". If anyone needs to reread there post it is you. Respect other peoples view points. Just because ours was different doesn't make you right and us wrong. Once again I hope you get it resolved but making accusations and doing what you have done in this thread doesn't help your case in my observations. I'm out of here.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #56
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
LOL, no just water I assume.

In your opinion (from the picture) is it a proper roll thru and burnout ?

I'm asking cause it's regarding a Posi issue.
Can't see to the left of the box so I don't know if you have room, but I like to drive around and back into the water.

As for the posi issue, yes it looks like one tire is spinning more than the other. The posi doesn't seem to last long on the high HP builds. Nitroman had to replace his and he's only at about 600 RWHP. I've got the Jannity kit in mine and I haven't had an issue, yet. I have a feeling it won't last much longer though.

Tags
gms crooks, granatelli sucks