Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
My friend at work as one of the newer limiteds. He's pretty heavy into the jeep news. From what he's telling me, you may want to hold off another year or two, then buy a new one. He keeps hearing that they're coming out with a nice diesel version for the U.S. the limiteds with the hard tops are nice. He has both hard and soft top options on his. His hard top actually comes out in sections, so you can just remove the part above the front seats and put in the rear if you want too.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #44
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's really strange, but I have noticed a HUGE connection between Jeeps and Camaros..

Seems like there's a lot of people who either traded a Jeep in on the Camaro (me), traded the Camaro in on a Jeep (blasphemy), or own BOTH a Jeep and Camaro (also me).
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #45
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
It's really strange, but I have noticed a HUGE connection between Jeeps and Camaros..

Seems like there's a lot of people who either traded a Jeep in on the Camaro (me), traded the Camaro in on a Jeep (blasphemy), or own BOTH a Jeep and Camaro (also me).
LOL, it is pretty weird. I almost traded my V6 in for a Jeep, but thought better of it. Then, I traded my 6 in for the SS, and bought a used Jeep several months later. I feel like the Jeep and Camaro make a great pair. One is for pure, unadulterated speed and bad-assery, and the other is a little more practical and utilitarian, but fun nonetheless

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #46
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I'm planning on waiting til the Camaro is paid off sometime in 2015 and getting rid of my Dakota for a used 2012 Wrangler then. Just hope the truck holds out that long It'll be 17yrs old by then...just wanna go a few months at least without a car payment.....
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #47
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
LOL, it is pretty weird. I almost traded my V6 in for a Jeep, but thought better of it. Then, I traded my 6 in for the SS, and bought a used Jeep several months later. I feel like the Jeep and Camaro make a great pair. One is for pure, unadulterated speed and bad-assery, and the other is a little more practical and utilitarian, but fun nonetheless
They really do have a way of going together. I started a thread on here a while back for all the dual camaro/jeep owners to chime in and post pics. I think the thread got over 130 replies! It was quite a phenomenon.

There is something to be said for potentially waiting for the diesel, if they put one in the Wrangler....That would be truly badass.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #48
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Maybe gamers might love this black ops baby.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #49
horrido

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
I owned a TJ - used it for a DD for 5 years. I had a love/hate relationship with it. I loved driving with the doors off, and it was probably the funnest car to drive I've owned. I hated the noise. You can't have a conversation with a passenger without raising your voice. Highway speed is so noisy - listening to the radio was difficult without cranking the volume, which make the problem worse. I had a hard top for the winter, and even that was noisy (although not as bad as the rag top). The noise was the reason I sold the car. I will never own another one as a DD. I do miss it though.
horrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #50
greenisgood

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
I bought a 2012 unlimited as a winter car, and when spring came around I put the soft top on and took the doors off and didn't want to get back in the Camaro. Camaro is now sold and I still love driving the Jeep
Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #51
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrido View Post
I owned a TJ - used it for a DD for 5 years. I had a love/hate relationship with it. I loved driving with the doors off, and it was probably the funnest car to drive I've owned. I hated the noise. You can't have a conversation with a passenger without raising your voice. Highway speed is so noisy - listening to the radio was difficult without cranking the volume, which make the problem worse. I had a hard top for the winter, and even that was noisy (although not as bad as the rag top). The noise was the reason I sold the car. I will never own another one as a DD. I do miss it though.
You just needed to buy a decent amp for the stereo. I put one in my 2004 Rubicon and had no trouble hearing the music with the top down. My wife and I took it on a couple trips with the soft top and had no trouble talking on the freeway. I miss it but but for right I'm not ready to slow down that much.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #52
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
I have both, my 2010 2ss and our 2012 4 door Wrangler.. We love them both and they both have their place...
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #53
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
My Camaro is my DD but I store it over the winter, this year I'll be sharing the wifes car and will hopefully be buying a 2013 Sahara 4dr next spring. I've always wanted a Jeep since the CJ5 days and now that I'm retired we'd like a year round vehicle to travel with. There are hundreds of mods you can do to a Jeep but not as many as there are for the Camaro.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #54
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
...There are hundreds of mods you can do to a Jeep but not as many as there are for the Camaro....
That couldn't be further from the truth... about the only vehicle that comes remotely close is a Harley Davidson...

Oh how I wish there was a Quadratec equivalent for Camaros
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #55
ZZZ

Drives: 10 SS Camaro
I thought of trading in my Camaro for an SRT Grand Cherokee thinking Ill just wait for a Platinum Escalade instead...
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #56
BURNT ORANGE SS

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro 2SS LS3
I bought my wife a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited Black with the brown leather. It has the new 285hp motor and a 5 speed auto. That thing is Bad A#$! Go get your wife one, she will love it. It is a completely different Jeep than the old ones. It is fast, has heated seats. It is quiet on the freeway because they added alot of extra insulation. I'm still keeping the Camaro because I can't part with it.
BURNT ORANGE SS is offline   Reply With Quote