Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #15
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I don't personally know of anyone producing a direct-fit high flow set up myself.
Magnaflow should produce single, 400 cell, catalytic converter downpipes that are a "direct fit" system and I'd buy 'em. This eliminates two of the cats and would provide more incentive for me to buy this setup.

I don't want to perform the alternative which is to cut the stock cats out and clamp in one cat each side. That's too many clamps in a system that already has too many clamps (already have an axleback mounted to the stock pipes).

Give the people what they want Magnaflow!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #16
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Jordan, check out their thread below, it will have that information. I believe gains were 20+ hp?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79075
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
Magnaflow should produce single, 400 cell, catalytic converter downpipes that are a "direct fit" system and I'd buy 'em. This eliminates two of the cats and would provide more incentive for me to buy this setup.

I don't want to perform the alternative which is to cut the stock cats out and clamp in one cat each side. That's too many clamps in a system that already has too many clamps (already have an axleback mounted to the stock pipes).

Give the people what they want Magnaflow!
I completely understand where you're coming from! Magnaflow designed this system to flow 20-30% more and still be EPA Legal. I'm going to see what we can come up with!

I know how that goes, you can end up with 8-10 clamps!!! I will see if I can figure something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
Jordan, check out their thread below, it will have that information. I believe gains were 20+ hp?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79075
Thank you!!!! I'm having a hard time believing SOLO's #'s but that is just me. If the ADM cattless pipes make 18-20 HP how does a catted down pipe make 25 HP?

I'm going to touch base with Magnaflow and I'll see if we can put together a cattless downpipe as well as a single 200 cell downpipe. Neither would be EPA legal however.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions! We appreciate everyone's support and have a great day!

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyuhoh View Post
Ca did invent CARB. Lived here all my life and we have morons in Sacramento!
Hey - I resemble that This is the worst State... I'm embarrased to admit I live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I completely understand where you're coming from! Magnaflow designed this system to flow 20-30% more and still be EPA Legal. I'm going to see what we can come up with!

I know how that goes, you can end up with 8-10 clamps!!! I will see if I can figure something out.

Thank you!!!! I'm having a hard time believing SOLO's #'s but that is just me. If the ADM cattless pipes make 18-20 HP how does a catted down pipe make 25 HP?

I'm going to touch base with Magnaflow and I'll see if we can put together a cattless downpipe as well as a single 200 cell downpipe. Neither would be EPA legal however.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions! We appreciate everyone's support and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Have you conducted your testing with the shorties? I am interested in some more shortie tests, since we've seen a couple threads that actually post negative results with them. I'm encouraged by the high-flow cats', though; I usually always push making sure parts are CARB-legal when we talk about legal mods', but I really think that as long as these pass the sniffer, there's not much to worry about. I really don't think an officer looking under the car for aftermarket parts is going to notice these aren't the same size/shape as the OEM cats', so my only worry would be passing the sniffer.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #19
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
It sucks to live in CA. At least we have nice weather to drive and work on cars year round.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote