Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #113
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I probably would considering it occured twice with me, but the car is always plugged into a battery charger when it's not driven to keep the battery in good health, so there is no way to tell now.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #114
Camaroowner77

Drives: The Red Menace
My dad has had this happen to him twice. I havent i stalled mine yet but when i do ill just charge the battery. Besides the car only gets used a few months a year
Camaroowner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #115
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroowner77 View Post
My dad has had this happen to him twice. I havent i stalled mine yet but when i do ill just charge the battery. Besides the car only gets used a few months a year
Ah man, that's another member and owner of these lights that has experienced this phenomenon. Thanks for posting your dads experience. I'll add your name to the list. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #116
Mistah SS

Drives: 2013 1SS
I went out to install mine today and when I started the car it was slow to turn over. It's been between 25-45 degrees for about a week and I haven't driven it in about 2 days. I can tell the battery will need to be replaced soon and it's only 3 months old and right at 10K miles.

So anyway my daughter and I installed my lights and they look way better in person than they do in videos. I didn't get to check the load since my meter battery went dead but I'm sure it's about normal. If I get time I'll do it tomorrow.

We went for a ride around town earlier and people were really checking them out. When I get a good wiring schematic and free time I'll see about that work-around.
Mistah SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #117
TCAT

Excellent! They do look absolutely amazing though, that's for sure. Congrats on the new lights. Definitely let us know how it all goes with any future battery drain. Mine lasted only a couple months both times, and that's only driving the car once per week, sometimes less.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #118
Mistah SS

Drives: 2013 1SS
I drive the hell out of my cars (40-50K miles/year) unless theyre sitting at the airport for a couple of weeks. I won''t be leaving this one at the airport because I don't want to come back to a dead battery.
Mistah SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #119
TCAT

Verg good idea . Have fun with them!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #120
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Fresh install as of 2 days ago

Hi guys. I read this thread 2 days ago right after I installed my Christmas present to myself. (I have a great wife!)
I believe I have the latest version of these tail lights and I am hoping I don't see this issue as I use my SS for work. They are gorgeous lights and make a huge difference in setting our Camaros apart from the also rands.
Now before I installed these lights I have noticed that there has been a slight drain on my battery if I let it sit to long without driving it. In fact it would turn over and give me a error warning saying "Engine power low" (or something like that) and it would idle super rough. If I disconnected the battery cable under the hood and then reconnect it then it would start correctly. My guess is the battery would drain and cause this problem I assume with the cars computer. I have a monster sub system also and I tend to make the interior lights flicker a bit ...so just to be safe I think my next buy is going to be a Odyssesy PC1220 Battery and a battery tender. I will be following this thread closely and report any things that pop up on my end.

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #121
Frankbarb

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Just found this thread . Installed lights in late July and all was great. About 6 weeks ago my lights and alarm were going off and my battery was dead . The car was sitting for about 3 weeks. I put a full charge on the battery and put it in the garage for the winter. About 2 weeks later the same thing happened. I am now charging the battery and going to isolate the tail lamps. I have also heard of bad on star module causing power drains. I'll let you guys know how I make out......
Frankbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #122
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
Hi guys. I read this thread 2 days ago right after I installed my Christmas present to myself. (I have a great wife!)
I believe I have the latest version of these tail lights and I am hoping I don't see this issue as I use my SS for work. They are gorgeous lights and make a huge difference in setting our Camaros apart from the also rands.
Now before I installed these lights I have noticed that there has been a slight drain on my battery if I let it sit to long without driving it. In fact it would turn over and give me a error warning saying "Engine power low" (or something like that) and it would idle super rough. If I disconnected the battery cable under the hood and then reconnect it then it would start correctly. My guess is the battery would drain and cause this problem I assume with the cars computer. I have a monster sub system also and I tend to make the interior lights flicker a bit ...so just to be safe I think my next buy is going to be a Odyssesy PC1220 Battery and a battery tender. I will be following this thread closely and report any things that pop up on my end.
Congrats! Enjoy them, but definitely be continually checking the battery voltage just in case. I think our cars drain batteries somewhat quickly when not driven often, but these lights have to expedite the process unfortunately. Please let us know what occurs, if anything at all in regards to future battery drain.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #123
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankbarb View Post
Just found this thread . Installed lights in late July and all was great. About 6 weeks ago my lights and alarm were going off and my battery was dead . The car was sitting for about 3 weeks. I put a full charge on the battery and put it in the garage for the winter. About 2 weeks later the same thing happened. I am now charging the battery and going to isolate the tail lamps. I have also heard of bad on star module causing power drains. I'll let you guys know how I make out......
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. It seems this issue is becoming much more wide spread that people believe. Some people may not be experiencing it as quickly if they daily drive their car. A battery should defitely not completely drain by that amount of time. Definitely keep us informed as to what happens. Thanks for posting!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #124
moonlk

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green
Add me to the list. Battery goes dead after sitting in storage a few weeks. Charged up and let it sit and two weeks later it is dead again. So we pulled the power wire off the lights and now the car has been sitting for three weeks and starts right up. So it has to be the lights. It never showed up as a problem in the summer when the car was driven almost daily but now in winter storage the problem showed up. Plan on contacting Technostalgia.
moonlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #125
Ekow
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 3/12/12]

Drives: '10 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlk View Post
Add me to the list. Battery goes dead after sitting in storage a few weeks. Charged up and let it sit and two weeks later it is dead again. So we pulled the power wire off the lights and now the car has been sitting for three weeks and starts right up. So it has to be the lights. It never showed up as a problem in the summer when the car was driven almost daily but now in winter storage the problem showed up. Plan on contacting Technostalgia.
Thanks for confirming this. You are definitely not alone.
Ekow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #126
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Ive been disconnecting the power cable from the light every time i know i wont be using the car for a few days, and it seems to keep my battery from dying on me.

Maybe i can route a switch so i can cut power to the lights from the cabin.

I know its a pain, but personally i think the lights are worth the hassle, i cant see my self with out those lights.

Also, forgot to mention, that i realized i left the purple cable (the one that tigers the show mode) lose and with the end exposed, you guys might want to check that cable and make sure its not exposed, cause any contact with metal and it will close the circuit and turn ON show mode.