Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
Jim Gress
Jim Gress

Drives: future Camaro owner
Getting ready...

In the mide 90's, I found an all original 70 Chevelle SS that was in need of a complete frame off restoration. After about 3 years, the car was complete and perfect. That was about the same time I got married, built a house, and began living the American dream. Then my wife and I found something missing from all of this...children. We found we could not conceive and decided to adopt. We started the process and adopted a beautiful little girl from China. During the expensive long process the car had to go. Now, 9 years later, my family is doing great, bills under control, and I would like to get back into the car scene. I have also had several Grand Nationals back in the the day. I still go to car shows and cruise nights and originally was searching for another Chevelle. But with prces through the roof, it does not seem reasonable when a new Camaro could be had for about the same, or even a little less. I have a very understanding wife, who does not mind what we spend our money on. I have been following this forum for some time, and searching Cars.com, E-Bay, and local dealers in the Allentown and Bethlehem area for months. I am a Detective in Allentown and stopped in to look at a few while working, but with the market value adjustments on the cars, I think it is more than reasonable to wait until this levels off. I would not mind ordering one either, I don't mind waiting, good things take time.

Jim Gress
Bethlehem, PA
Jim Gress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
welcome to the site

try to find a dealer who is selling for MSRP and order exactly what you want..good luck and I hope all goes well
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote