Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
oustaz

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Has Camaro5 been taking over by high school kids?

I was reading the first threads when the 5th gen was just a concept car to the first people who took delivery and I am amazed by the maturity of those guys compared to what I see now, no v6-v8 bashing, no automatic-manual bashing, no I hate where I have to park just some passionate people about the Camaro helping each other, telling each other to be patient (to get their car delivered) and I wonder where those people are now because I don't see them around here
oustaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
No.

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
no.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
The only stuff I read is the real threads, not the bashing/arguing threads. Still plenty of great information and entertaining conversations for me to read
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
1fastmf

Drives: SBM G8 Gt
Some one get this automatic 6 cylinder camaro driver some french cries
1fastmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmf View Post
Some one get this automatic 6 cylinder camaro driver some french cries
Nice G8
Old 07-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Maybe not just high school kids ..but the younger crowd for sure....
Attached Images

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #8
notmidlife

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
This seems to happen on most car forums. In 2005 when the Cobalts first came out everyone was supportive and helping for the delivery countdowns. Everyone helped each other with the problems, warranty, mod etc. By 2007 it was Supercharged vs non-supercharged, non-supercharged vs base coupe, and base coupe vs 4-door. Then came a Turbo version and the sh*t really hit the fan.

It stopped being about the cars and turned into a "who's the the toughest kid in school" thing. Perhaps it's because I'm older ( 47 ),but my patience for the obtuse behavior is getting thin? Many of the V8 guys don't understand that the Camaro would not stay in production without the V6 sales ( must account for over half ), and if it did, economy of scale would make it more expensive. To take it a step further, I'm not even sure if GM would have brought back a dead model ( yes the Camaro), without the success of the "retro" 2005 mustang.

There are still many great car people on this board and I do enjoy and learn from many of the posts. With regard to the drama....sometimes Netflix is boring and there is some entertainment value here. Gotta go back to lurking......I think the grammar police are coming
notmidlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #9
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
attitudes been real NASTLY lately from some... Ive been here since day 1.. but not as much.. I enjoy the news & updates & info..learned alot..but piss poor attitudes ruin it...
if there are 19 all ..or whatever even 59.. there is no need for it here on which was 1 of the best camaro forums available. ..
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #10
Galts Disciple

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS (2SS, M6)
I've only been a member of Camaro5 for a few months and I've learned a lot here. But I have also noticed a lot of ball busting, V6 vs V8, manual vs automatic and so on. People making nasty comments about something a member bought and telling them they should have gotten something else. I see no reason for those kinds of comments. Maybe someone bought a V6 automatic because that's what they wanted. It's their hard earned money so they should get what makes them happy, not what others think they should buy. I think the old saying still applies on the Internet, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.

Like others have said, it happens all over the Internet. The anonymity gives people the courage to be rude. I'm pretty sure most of the lousy comments wouldn't be made in a face to face situation.
Rule #71: No excuses. Play like a champion!
Galts Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #11
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I was not here from the concept years but been around a long time. I can just ignore the ignorant, mine is bigger than yours crowd, or make one comment & walk away if I feel like it. There ain't no cure for stupid & there seems to be an epidemic of it in our country, uh, in the whole world, come to think of it, recently. C5 is no exception. I just stay away from it as much as I can. I have enough of my own drama in life & don't need to borrow any.

Yes there are still some good discussions here if you look in the right places and I still enjoy learning from the great friends I have made here & continue to make. What really makes me sad is that I feel the energy slowly dying. I used to be able to surf around C5 endlessly & never be able to read, comment on & ask questions about everything I wanted to. You do have to sleep sometimes. Now I get bored having to search every section to try to find something to read sometimes and soon give up & try to find something else to surf on the web. Where have all the rest of the C5 enthusiasts gone?
Old 07-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #12
mirabella
silver snow

Drives: 2017 Red 1LT RS
The V6 or V8 fighting doesn't bother me I ignore it. I don't care what engine anyone has, they should just enjoy their car. I don't care who has what trim level or color. It's all a Camaro. That's why there are choices, everyone has different tastes. It could be because I am older at 41 and a lady shrug

I was off the site for about a year because of a member who was very nasty and cruel but they seem to be gone. I only came back because I needed opinions on a trade I was doing ie 2013 vs 2014 and the fob issues. But so far nothing like I saw last time.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #13
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Yeah, some of the really nasty folks have been run off (happily). Welcome back.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #14
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Been here for over 4 years and see a shift to younger folks but that's a good thing. Fresh perspectives and new ideas. I balance the senior side of thing to maintain C5 alignment.