Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #183
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Mine started squealing a few weeks ago.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #184
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
Yep. Squeaky brakes right here...
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #185
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Mine squeak like crazy. Started at around 6k miles.
a.morblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #186
Guzaku

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
101. Guzaku : Mine started around 10k. Horrible in the mornings and worse after I was the car (embarrassed pulling in the garage after washing, hoping neighbors arent outside) haha..

Last edited by Guzaku; 10-25-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Guzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #187
ricksakuma

Drives: 2010 camaro v6
Update and fyi..replaced rotors and brakes with aftermarket...no squeal..its gotta be something with the oem parts.
ricksakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #188
OV3RDRIV3

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksakuma View Post
Update and fyi..replaced rotors and brakes with aftermarket...no squeal..its gotta be something with the oem parts.
What did you upgrade to? What rotors and what pads?
OV3RDRIV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #189
OV3RDRIV3

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by OV3RDRIV3 View Post
Mine squeak too! So embarassing. Only the left side I believe. Purchasing some new Hawk HPS pads and Disc Italia rotors in the near future in an attempt to solve the issue.
So after learning a little more about braking systems, I have determined that it's not such a bad thing to have slightly noisy brakes, as more aggressive pads (for racing) with more bite are going no be noisier than ceramic or other low dust pads. More noise = more stopping power on a nice setup (typically). The noise can be reduced with a proper bedding procedure.

That being said, the OEM setup on the V6 is pretty garbage in terms of calipers, rotors, and pads to stop such a heavy vehicle especially when you are stopping repetitively creating heat buildup and brake fade. No idea if this squeaking problem was solved or not. Don't much care either. Sure it's embarrassing but after a few aftermarket performance upgrades are added to the V6 to bump up the hp, I'm ready for a new brake setup anyway. I hope they don't squeak because it is kind of embarrassing given most people (perhaps including me) have no idea what a good brake setup is. Hopefully those in the know will appreciate a little bit of squeal if they turn out louder than expected.

Will be purchasing:
Racing Brake Two Piece SS sized rotors (front and rear)
Ferodo DS2500 brake pads (front and rear)
Brembo OEM SS Front and Rear Calipers
Goodridge G Stop Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Could always go with bigger calipers (6 piston) on the front but this will likely be plenty of stopping power for my V6. Love the two piece racing brake rotors to reduce weight and enhance cooling. High temp brake fluid and stainless lines should help reduce brake fade. These brake pads are also very good at preventing fade and are a nice balance for both street and track performance. Happy to accept comments on anything
OV3RDRIV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #190
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
Cool

Add me to the list.
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #191
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Mine go Squeak, squeak, squeak. Add me to the list!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #192
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
So after learning a little more about braking systems, I have determined that it's not such a bad thing to have slightly noisy brakes, as more aggressive pads (for racing) with more bite are going no be noisier than ceramic or other low dust pads. More noise = more stopping power on a nice setup (typically). The noise can be reduced with a proper bedding procedure.

That being said, the OEM setup on the V6 is pretty garbage in terms of calipers, rotors, and pads to stop such a heavy vehicle especially when you are stopping repetitively creating heat buildup and brake fade. No idea if this squeaking problem was solved or not. Don't much care either. Sure it's embarrassing but after a few aftermarket performance upgrades are added to the V6 to bump up the hp, I'm ready for a new brake setup anyway. I hope they don't squeak because it is kind of embarrassing given most people (perhaps including me) have no idea what a good brake setup is. Hopefully those in the know will appreciate a little bit of squeal if they turn out louder than expected.

Will be purchasing:
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Could always go with bigger calipers (6 piston) on the front but this will likely be plenty of stopping power for my V6. Love the two piece racing brake rotors to reduce weight and enhance cooling. High temp brake fluid and stainless lines should help reduce brake fade. These brake pads are also very good at preventing fade and are a nice balance for both street and track performance. Happy to accept comments on anything
Everything l;ooks good to me with the exception being brake pads.

DS2500 is amongst the foremost high performance track day pads in the business. It is also suitable for some light duty front and many rear pure race applications. It offers excellent refinement for such a high performance pad. The main characteristics of DS2500 are:

Track day & light race use for all vehicle types
Road style refinement but with race material ability to withstand heat
Average friction coefficient of 0.42 over working temperature range of 20°-500°C / 932 F

The Camaro brings an unusual combination of speed, handling and weight to the track. The weight is responsible for pads and rotors running hotter than typical track cars. I suggest you select a pad that has at least a 1,500 F rating.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #193
vetehead

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
sueaking brakes here as well...dealer handed me a bullentine about 2010-2014 brembo's.....REALLY.....not a dam thing done after leaving car with them!

Ron
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #194
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:

Will be purchasing:
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

that's a ton of money for brakes on a v-6,are you doing autocross? Of course the parts sales guys with beat me with a stick but It seems to be you could get the performance your looking for for a whole let less money, anyway it will look good
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote