Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #7015
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
You cant go wrong with a Mowhawk for sure. Ive had Rotary's and Bend Pak's as well. Also bought a mechanix brand that i will never buy again.

Things over here are a little crazy right now as you probably know from the news. It is what it is though and i try to make the next day better than the previous.
As you know i basically built my car from over here the past few years and now im branching out and establishing a collision center back home in Southern IL. Long, long hours ive been putting in, but its been fun thus far. I thought building the car was a little hard to do from over here, but putting together this new business has been rough. Ive got some great people working for me that i owe a lot to and couldnt do it without them. I did purchase a sweet new Ingersoll Rand Rotery Screw compressor that i cant wait to try out.
Keep your head down, hang in there Buddy!
Business is hard work when your there, I can't imagine trying to do it a world away. My hat is off to you Sir!
Screw compressors are awsome, just remember a good air dryer, they make a lot of water.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #7016
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I was wrong they are the same. I read about 15 pages last week about compressors and by the time i was finished i felt dumber then when i started

Ive never bought a higher end heavy duty. We always had to get by with what we could barely afford. It wasn't until i started reading did i realize how much thought actually goes into a good industrial compressor. I need a good sized one for the new waterborne system the shop will be using along with all the other equipment. Ingersoll Rand has been getting a lot of attention lately. I really wanted an Atlas Corp, but to much compressor than what i need i think
They are awesome! Most come with electronics and give single phase protection, high temp cutout, ect.....
I have a 50 horse for the plant, it runs 24/7 350 days a year. Going on 8 years now without issue, it's a Quincy. I have had to replace the motor three times due to electrical dead shorts on the electric companies side. There is no protection that I can find to stop that one, about like a lightning strike. The same has cost the electric company ten 75kv transformers at my facility. We have a peak power demand of 950 amps. bill is just ugly every month.
Tell me more about the waterborne system.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #7017
mws444

I had to hunt down Graham over on FB to get the skinny. Said they ran a 8.51 in the test n tune, then ran a 8.6 to be top qualifier, tires broke loose in the second round to finish third.

Amazing stuff, LPE is going to kick butt this year!

Man I am trying to get into the low 10's maybe with just the right tail wind 9's
and the big boys are banging out mid 8's.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #7018
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I had to hunt down Graham over on FB to get the skinny. Said they ran a 8.51 in the test n tune, then ran a 8.6 to be top qualifier, tires broke loose in the second round to finish third.

Amazing stuff, LPE is going to kick butt this year!

Man I am trying to get into the low 10's maybe with just the right tail wind 9's
I see a rollbar in your future
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #7019
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
I see a rollbar in your future
Yup... not made out of foam noodles, either.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #7020
600hp-lpe

did you guys see the Paul JR. designs Camaro yet?

I think he needs to stick with Bike building... I'm not liking it at all....
Old 03-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #7021
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Or a driver that isn't 7' tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
did you guys see the Paul JR. designs Camaro yet?

I think he needs to stick with Bike building... I'm not liking it at all....
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #7022
mws444

Wow, I had to go back two pages to find the most awesome thread on Camaro5.
I am guessing everyone has spring fever and is just modding away in the privacy of their own shop.
Well I have been busy, but did sneak in a Friday afternoon to pull the transmission, only to find out the LPE twin disk clutch does not use the stock throwout bearing.
It actually uses the stock ZR1 bearing. So a phone call later and the replacement will be here on Tuesday.
I also need to thank Andy over at ADM. Before I started I gave him a call and asked him what the trick to getting the tranny out was. Well he saved the day and made it easy. I could share the information, but it is a top secret ADM/LPE kinda thing.

Withany luck I should be back among the living this next week!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #7023
mws444

Here is what the new RPM tranny looks like.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #7024
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Nice to see you're finally getting some time to work on that tranny. It looks good! How are you liking that lift? I did hit the track last week, and I'm planning to go this next Saturday with some colleagues. Our friend is finally getting his Vette back from Lingenfelter so we will probably both go to the roadcourse on Saturday to check it out and have a little fun!!!! That put us into extreme work mode this weekend on Landscaping and my bonsai projects. It's all good though. It's spring, so it's nice to be out in some nice weather. Can't wait to see how you like your new tranny, and see you out enjoying that beast again!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #7025
mws444

That is great you are getting track time already!
I need to sneak up to your neck of the woods for some track time this summer.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #7026
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Absolutely! We'd love to have you. This Saturday is gonna be fun. Besides our Lingenfelter vette friend, we also have a couple porsches, a shelby gt500, some bmw's a Gt40, and I think some Camaro friends. Jim said he's coming with his new mustang drift car. Come of your car will be ready, but if not, I'm sure we'll meet again soon.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #7027
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Here is what the new RPM tranny looks like.
Are you installing a clutch bleed line? I recommend one.... I used the Tick Performance one. Gotta really make sure it's tight on the install though. ZR1 CX max has more clamping power, but with more clamping power, high speed shifts seem to be more demanding of good, clean fluid. 2nd RPM tranny is not fun... Recently punched it in 3rd from about 3k - 5.8k and clutch didn't feel right going down - so quickly aborted. Pedal came back up thanks to LPE return spring. Sure enough, fluid needs bled - but will be quicker and 100% bleed with a full one direction flush, rather than slowly deluting it.

Looks like spring fever is in full force
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #7028
600hp-lpe

Racing season is fast approaching. First race is April 22nd.

My car is apart - parts all over the place.. and more still to be taken apart.

I have a clutch bleed line kit that I had for a while.. and a new replacement LPE dual disc clutch assembly ready to go in - the 20% higher clamping force one.

Rear end is out and getting serviced by LPE. Changing the gear set to 3.73's for road racing.

New PEDDERS ZL-1 rear 32MM SWAY bar has arrived - This will be a custom install as I need to modify the Spohn lower control arms. Going to build my own end links and mount points for attaching the sway.

Anyone step up and get the blow shield/front cover upgrade for the trans? I'm curious if anyone has done that MOD yet.