Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #57
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG BSTN SQUIRREL View Post
Is the slave cylinder part of the clutch or trans? I'm trying to see if I could at least get something out of this warranty.
Honestly with the pictures you have you should be able to get the whole thing replaced under warranty. The hydraulics system is used for actuation of the clutch. A worn clutch wouldn't automatically require a new hydraulic system so you should be able to get it covered if not the whole darn thing. I'd send the pics to the customer service team as your dealer seems to be an idiot.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #58
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
The flywheel, clutch disk and pressure plate are all looking good. That sliver of metal didnt hurt anything. Im still waiting on the dealership to return my call. BTW this dealership is Leson Chevrolet in New Orleans.
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #59
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
From the pictures you first posted, it looks to me as what your real problem is the throw out bearing, it is wasted. We had one of our Detroit5thgen club members have her throw out bearing go bad and I know she had more than 7500 miles on her car (I'll find out how many) and her dealer replaced the bearing under warranty. I don't believe the throw out bearing is considered part of the clutch. I was always under the assumption the the clutch assembly consists of the fly wheel,pressure plate, and clutch disc.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #60
DandD

Ok I talked with her, there was 17,000 miles on her car when she had the TO bearing replaced under warranty.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #61
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Back to topic please, not who's buying what. :-)
Sorry about hijacking your thread. I just couldn't resist. Your throw out bearing is definately toast and I think I'd replace that pressure plate also. I'm assuming that you took it apart yourself? It really sucks that you couldn't the dealership or GM to step up and take responsibility. I think I'd take the parts to the dealership and show them what you found. I think I'd ask them to replace the parts under warranty. It's kind of obvious that the throw out bearing failed and that's what damaged your pressure plate. There's no way in hell, a cold air intake made your throw out bearing fail! The only thing that makes a throw out bearing fail is a too stiff pressure plate or a defective throw out bearing. Since it's GM's pressure plate and bearing, it's definately their problem. I'd point all this out to them and tell them that you don't have to prove that the cold air kit didn't cause it, they have to prove it did. It's the law! I'd ask them to put back together also, but I don't know how practical that is for you. By the way I did run your problem by the service manager at my local dealership. He said that he'd never deny a warranty claim over a cold air intake. He said that if your dealer is that hard nosed, you could have taken it off before you took it in. He said that the only thing he denies warranty claims over is a pcm reflash and that's because GM forces him to.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #62
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Well I have sent the pics to the service manager and after reopening my case for the third time, the execs had made 4 attempts to contact them. Finally we are all in talks again about this. Yes I have had to deal with this for 3 weeks so far. The execs say there will be compensation. I am not performing any work at this time. I am waiting on the dealer to get with the engineers and discuss where we go from here. My plan is to have them send a wrecker to the house, pick everything up and perform the work they should have and then we shall see what compensation I get out of all this. So far now that I have done all the research, brought all the pics in and proved that they were wrong, something might actually happen. Sad I had to do this to get here. I even stressed to them I am a certified aviation mechanic on engines, so they cannot say faulty Maint or any of the sort. I will continue to keep the updates as they happen.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #63
DandD

Nice to FINALLY see a bit of good news for you.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #64
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Hey Rocky1974 its all good man! I just noticed it was starting to get side tracked to much! And DandD SO FAR its looking good. We shall see what they say on the warranty. This service manager has been a PITA about everything.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #65
Rocky1974

Quote:
Hey Rocky1974 its all good man! I just noticed it was starting to get side tracked to much! And DandD SO FAR its looking good. We shall see what they say on the warranty. This service manager has been a PITA about everything.
Yeah, I've spent so much time over the years, waiting on a tow truck, because some junky Ford broke down, that I get kind of defensive when I hear the word. Too bad your service manager wants to be like that. I can't understand why some service managers seem to think that their job is to save GM money, when they're employed by the dealership. Their job should be to look after the dealership's customers, not GM.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #66
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

He is claiming to be looking after the dealership so the customer is getting free parts that are not broken. He wanted to charge me 2300 for a clutch change before he would think about looking into any issue. He also determined the clutch was bad by listening to it. Never once took a look at it!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #67
Rocky1974

Quote:
He is claiming to be looking after the dealership so the customer is getting free parts that are not broken. He wanted to charge me 2300 for a clutch change before he would think about looking into any issue. He also determined the clutch was bad by listening to it. Never once took a look at it!
Sad story! GM supplies the parts and reimburses the dealerships for labor, to do warranty work. I'd think that it would be an important source of revenue for any dealership. A lot of customers don't take their cars back to the dealership after the warranty expires because of cost. I'd think they'd want all the warranty work they could get.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #68
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
as much as this hurts,and i feel for ya!..ya gotta leave the f**kin' car alone until ya "clear" the warranty!..if ya f**k around with it,ya give 'em all the ammunition they need to f**k ya! just sayin'
You are so right that's why I am leaving my new 2012 LS3 SS to hell alone.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #69
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
You are so right that's why I am leaving my new 2012 LS3 SS to hell alone.

You do NOT have to leave it alone. If you look up at my threads and read the Magnunson-Moss warrenty act you will see that YOU can ADD what you want to or change things. The warranty CANNOT be voided. If it is THEY have to prove those parts wetre in direct cause of a failure of part that is under warranty. They cannot void the entire warranty either, just the parts that would be damaged or abused by a modification.

And the word as of yesterday was that the dealership was in training. Probably had a picture of me up say "WARNING A-HOLE" along with other things
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #70
kaylew78

Drives: 2011 rs/ss ls3
what do you guys think about tick performances claim that the gm clutch master cylinder is the culprit of the 2nd gear grind? search the forums and read the whole thread and chime in when you can. if what they say is true i believe the first step for a fix would be an aftermarket adjustable master cylinder.
kaylew78 is offline   Reply With Quote