Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #71
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Wait.. I been waiting and reading and I. Sorry, the excuses im hearing are bullsxxt..

erma, I get it, im friends with all the guys who built your car and I understand you own the car but can you honestly tell me you belonged in that class? You own THE WORLDS FASTEST FIFTH GEN and you were put in a class full of street driven cars whos fastest one is 2 FULL seconds slower.. and if the owner doesn't drive it, it doesn't need explanation. ..

the lmr car NEVER EVEN MADE A QUALIFYING RUN, so why did it get to race at all? And again, owner didnt drive it, car was a rolling banner with LMRS full put crew.. really going to put it in with a bunch of guys who DROVE there car to the track to race? I can honestly say with the exception of maybe one other car in the class I had the most radical car in the group, and my car should have NEVER been parked next to those cars..

guys like us dont get heads up opertunity ever, and because you didn't want competition you feel its ok to be put in a class clearly developed for cars like ours?

Im sorry I was getting over it but it seems like people are trying to justify this decision. ..

so I guess Mark Carlyles vette should run in the corvette version of this to huh? Hell no. And everybody knows it..

The heads up factor was really awesome. For the lack of better words, slow cars like mine dont get to go heads up racing, I tried to get a lsa class at ls fest but was told the event was to full, this type of racing is rare for us, dont eliminate it, just fix it..

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #72
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I was unable to attend this year but I no there were issues last year and sounds like they got addressed this year so I'm sure the same will happen next year. I'm glad we have people willing to take on the task of organizing this MASSIVE cluster of cars, and I'm glad I'm not one of them. I applaud the your efforts and hope you keep doing it and I'm sure it will get better each year.
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #73
Late Model Racecraft

Drives: 98 Camaro Race Car 3.96 @ 202 MPH
Wow, I am very surprised to read these comments. We drove all the way to Indy to help support the event and to put on a good show and help support our customers as well as other racers that needed our assistance. All we did was race the classes we were told to enter. We brought two cars that fit the rules for BOTH classes they entered. We have been a huge part of the growth of the 5th gen camaro and even were the first to get one to run 9s back in 2010. We build between 2-3 5th gens a week and we will continue to do so because we are the leader when it comes to the LSX platform. Even though we build a few more Corvettes than we do camaros, we still enjoy the satisfaction of receiving the phone call minutes after a customer has picked up his/her vehicle and test drove it for the first time with one of our performance packages.

I am not sure what you have against my customer except the fact you lost to him and then blew your engine up. I understand your frustrations, no one likes to leave a race with a broke car but there is no reason to take it out on someone else. My customer built this car for him and his son to enjoy. They have been driving this setup for over a year on the street. It is fully taged and inspected. Has FULL interior with ALL working accessories. In no way shape or form is this a race car or shop car when it gets over 100 miles put on it every week.
1. Car did make a qual pass. It spun the tires and only went a 37. For this reason is why we race on the track and not on paper or on a computer. (Anything can happen in racing) If my customer would have spun the tires against you and you beat him would you still be complaining?
2. Driver did wear full simpson gear. That pic was probably before his friend showed up with rest of his gear that was still in the Firebird he had just made a pass in.
3. Car has a full 5pt harness(INCLUDING CROTCH BELT) maybe you should have stuck your head in the car a little farther
4. The battery was secure in the passenger floor baord. The battery is used to give power the the Wideband Sensor that data records each run.

Now our Twin Turbo Firebird that won the shop car class is a race car/shop car. We won that class with a 7.1 @ over 200mph.

We will continue to support the 5th gen community and if someone had told my customer when we got there that his car did not fit the rules and he needed to run a different class there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he would have done so. He just loves to race, win or lose.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Houston next year. It sounds like Mike needs to add some index classes to make some of these other racers happy. No matter the rules. We will be there supporting ALL of our customers and anyone else that needs our assistance.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #74
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
Wait.. I been waiting and reading and I. Sorry, the excuses im hearing are bullsxxt..

erma, I get it, im friends with all the guys who built your car and I understand you own the car but can you honestly tell me you belonged in that class? You own THE WORLDS FASTEST FIFTH GEN and you were put in a class full of street driven cars whos fastest one is 2 FULL seconds slower.. and if the owner doesn't drive it, it doesn't need explanation. ..

the lmr car NEVER EVEN MADE A QUALIFYING RUN, so why did it get to race at all? And again, owner didnt drive it, car was a rolling banner with LMRS full put crew.. really going to put it in with a bunch of guys who DROVE there car to the track to race? I can honestly say with the exception of maybe one other car in the class I had the most radical car in the group, and my car should have NEVER been parked next to those cars..

guys like us dont get heads up opertunity ever, and because you didn't want competition you feel its ok to be put in a class clearly developed for cars like ours?

Im sorry I was getting over it but it seems like people are trying to justify this decision. ..

so I guess Mark Carlyles vette should run in the corvette version of this to huh? Hell no. And everybody knows it..

The heads up factor was really awesome. For the lack of better words, slow cars like mine dont get to go heads up racing, I tried to get a lsa class at ls fest but was told the event was to full, this type of racing is rare for us, dont eliminate it, just fix it..
Not justifying, Just explaining...

What you state in this post is exactly what we want to fix. We aren't an NHRA event. However we want you guys to get a heads up style experience and enjoy it...

This time we made a decision that missed that boat. We'll do our best not to let it happen again.

Now when we establish a breakout time or a HP constraint. or whatever we have to come up with to make it competitive... Please understand that there is no exact science for us amateur event organizers to follow... we'll be winging it then too...

in this case, the fact that the LMR and IPS cars were in the wrong class was our fault, not theirs.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #75
Late Model Racecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Not justifying, Just explaining...

What you state in this post is exactly what we want to fix. We aren't an NHRA event. However we want you guys to get a heads up style experience and enjoy it...

This time we made a decision that missed that boat. We'll do our best not to let it happen again.

Now when we establish a breakout time or a HP constraint. or whatever we have to come up with to make it competitive... Please understand that there is no exact science for us amateur event organizers to follow... we'll be winging it then too...

in this case, the fact that the LMR and IPS cars were in the wrong class was our fault, not theirs.

You will never be able to make EVERYONE happy. Yall are just beginning and with that being said I think you all put on a great event. If you need any help trying to make more rules for different classes please do not hesitate to give me a call. I would be glad to give you some input.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #76
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft View Post
Wow, I am very surprised to read these comments. We drove all the way to Indy to help support the event and to put on a good show and help support our customers as well as other racers that needed our assistance. All we did was race the classes we were told to enter. We brought two cars that fit the rules for BOTH classes they entered. We have been a huge part of the growth of the 5th gen camaro and even were the first to get one to run 9s back in 2010. We build between 2-3 5th gens a week and we will continue to do so because we are the leader when it comes to the LSX platform. Even though we build a few more Corvettes than we do camaros, we still enjoy the satisfaction of receiving the phone call minutes after a customer has picked up his/her vehicle and test drove it for the first time with one of our performance packages.

I am not sure what you have against my customer except the fact you lost to him and then blew your engine up. I understand your frustrations, no one likes to leave a race with a broke car but there is no reason to take it out on someone else. My customer built this car for him and his son to enjoy. They have been driving this setup for over a year on the street. It is fully taged and inspected. Has FULL interior with ALL working accessories. In no way shape or form is this a race car or shop car when it gets over 100 miles put on it every week.
1. Car did make a qual pass. It spun the tires and only went a 37. For this reason is why we race on the track and not on paper or on a computer. (Anything can happen in racing) If my customer would have spun the tires against you and you beat him would you still be complaining?
2. Driver did wear full simpson gear. That pic was probably before his friend showed up with rest of his gear that was still in the Firebird he had just made a pass in.
3. Car has a full 5pt harness(INCLUDING CROTCH BELT) maybe you should have stuck your head in the car a little farther
4. The battery was secure in the passenger floor baord. The battery is used to give power the the Wideband Sensor that data records each run.

Now our Twin Turbo Firebird that won the shop car class is a race car/shop car. We won that class with a 7.1 @ over 200mph.

We will continue to support the 5th gen community and if someone had told my customer when we got there that his car did not fit the rules and he needed to run a different class there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he would have done so. He just loves to race, win or lose.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Houston next year. It sounds like Mike needs to add some index classes to make some of these other racers happy. No matter the rules. We will be there supporting ALL of our customers and anyone else that needs our assistance.
Glad to see you thought better of your original post. Your points are all bull shit. The battery wasn't fastened to anything. He drove into the burnout in that t shirt. I watched the entire thing happen. Regardless of that the car had a 6 point bar and no chute. How is that legal with such a fast car.

If your owner has a problem he should speak up. If your owner loves to race, he should drive his car. Period.

You guys obviously knew about the car, the speed, and what class it belonged it so drop the politically correct speech.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #77
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I'd say not having been there but read this entire thing that everyones learned from this and i'm sure they'll have this on the clipboard of must fix during prep next year in texas. Supercharged SS i feel terrible about what happened to your car man not many New Englanders racing their cars like you do. I applaud the mods on here for trying to diffuse and take responsibility and they need to be given a break by some of you. LMR's car i'm not sure what you intended to accomplish with your post i think just saying we'll continue to support the community and we were happy to be there with you all woulda been a better idea rather then going into it with the other drivers but thats just my two cents. You had an awesome car and so did IPS and i look forward to seeing them go head to head next year.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #78
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
You will never be able to make EVERYONE happy. Yall are just beginning and with that being said I think you all put on a great event. If you need any help trying to make more rules for different classes please do not hesitate to give me a call. I would be glad to give you some input.
thanks very much. We'll be sure to get the discussion going a little sooner so the racers can get a chance to provide some feed back / input, if at all possible.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #79
Late Model Racecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Glad to see you thought better of your original post. Your points are all bull shit. The battery wasn't fastened to anything. He drove into the burnout in that t shirt. I watched the entire thing happen. Regardless of that the car had a 6 point bar and no chute. How is that legal with such a fast car.

If your owner has a problem he should speak up. If your owner loves to race, he should drive his car. Period.

You guys obviously knew about the car, the speed, and what class it belonged it so drop the politically correct speech.
LoL, My points are bullshit?? You are making FALSE accusations about a customer car and I clearly stated the FACTS. My customer didnt have any problems, what should he speak out about? It sounds like you are the one with problems and are just now speaking about them behind a computer. Why not call a drivers meeting and state your points BEFORE the race? If my customers car was not legal for this class please point out the rule posted on Camaro5 that he broke? This is the first we are hearing about anyone having a problem with my customer winning the class.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #80
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
LoL, My points are bullshit?? You are making FALSE accusations about a customer car and I clearly stated the FACTS. My customer didnt have any problems, what should he speak out about? It sounds like you are the one with problems and are just now speaking about them behind a computer. Why not call a drivers meeting and state your points BEFORE the race? If my customers car was not legal for this class please point out the rule posted on Camaro5 that he broke? This is the first we are hearing about anyone having a problem with my customer winning the class.

Since when is Camaro 5 a sanctioning body? You need to stay with me here. We are discussing NHRA which sanctions the track in question.So you are saying I'm making things up. Where was the 10 point cage? Was the front half painted with invisible paint? Where was the chute that's require for over 150 mph? I spoke to Jeff at the track about this. At the time the event was just about over so he could have cared less. I was not the one who needed to call a drivers meeting. My car, WHICH I DRIVE, broke. So I was not driving. I am not the only one who has a problem with it. Everyone in that class does and even do the people that didn't race. Your shop accepted the award, not the individual owner, that pretty much makes that a shop car.

There's no denying that car went f'in fast. It hauls ass but at any other event it wouldn't have been allowed to run.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #81
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Ok, we've all had our say.

now that we've all poked each other in the eye...

Lets call this one closed for now.

Closed Thread