Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #15
RobAGD

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT
Want to get a Camaro owners panties knoted up, watch them get whipped at the track by a Wagon

Any given day, and the quality of the driver has a lot to do with it.

It is all jawing

-R
Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #16
coolman

I can't see the point in running down the other two american muscle cars. They are all great cars in their own way. NONE, of them are perfect and any of them can be made to out run the other. Your not a true muscle car fan If you can't get along with the other muscle car brotheren out their.Some people these days have no couth, when it comes to friendly rivalries.

Last edited by coolman; 10-28-2009 at 07:56 AM.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
All of todays muscle cars are way better than what the big three have given us for the last 30+ years. Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, ect... Are all winners

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #18
mslone

Drives: 1969 vette & 2010 RS/2SS 6-Spd
I totally agree All three are awesome Muscle Cars, I did not post these to put down Challengers... Me and My buddy have a freindly rivalry... We jab eachohter but love these cars! All of them! If GM did not build the Camaro I would have bought the Challenger!

I would Push a Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, before I would drive a Ricer...

All equally cool cars and Like someone said we pick our cars based on our opinion of what is the coolest/best looking car.

Just happens that the Camaro is the Fastest

Get A Custom Poster of Your Car 10% Off with this Code: ( Camaro5-10off ) sales@gearheadsdesign.com
Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housto...0067059?ref=ts
mslone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslone View Post
I totally agree All three are awesome Muscle Cars, I did not post these to put down Challengers... Me and My buddy have a freindly rivalry... We jab eachohter but love these cars! All of them! If GM did not build the Camaro I would have bought the Challenger!

I would Push a Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, before I would drive a Ricer...

All equally cool cars and Like someone said we pick our cars based on our opinion of what is the coolest/best looking car.

Just happens that the Camaro is the Fastest
The thing is you don't even have your facts right. The gt500 is the fastest.
As for the after market cars they don't count. Their not factory. I saw a challenger run in the low 10's but it was noway factory so it doesn't count.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #20
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
The thing is you don't even have your facts right. The gt500 is the fastest.
As for the after market cars they don't count. Their not factory. I saw a challenger run in the low 10's but it was noway factory so it doesn't count.
Mr. Norms makes "The Legend" (Challenger) that runs 9's (900 hp). They also make street versions near the same HP. When is a car "eliminated" and no longer "counts'? When you add a catback? CAI? Tune? Just a friendly question. I recognize when some people say stock, they mean stock.

And my RT is the fastest, coolest, most awesome street machine ever made. How do I know? Just ask me!

Last edited by AZ MSCL; 10-28-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Full of bull
AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
When is a car "eliminated" and no longer "counts'? When you add a catback? CAI? Tune? Just a friendly question. I recognize when some people say stock, they mean stock.
I tend to use the standard package sold at the dealers.

For example, on a 2005-2009 Mustang GT it would have the standard 3.31 gears and no CAI, etc because those options were not standard. Of course I'd exclude Roush, Foose, etc models even though you can buy those at a dealership.

I remember when the SRT8 Challengers came out in 2008. Some mag compared it to a Mustang Bullitt. While the SRT8 Challenger is still faster then even the Bullitt, I'd have preferred a comparison to a standard GT, as Bullitts are a small minority of Mustangs sold as well as an upgrade package.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #22
coolman

Quote:
Mr. Norms makes "The Legend" (Challenger) that runs 9's (900 hp). They also make street versions near the same HP. When is a car "eliminated" and no longer "counts'? When you add a catback? CAI? Tune? Just a friendly question. I recognize when some people say stock, they mean stock.

And my RT is the fastest, coolest, most awesome street machine ever made. How do I know? Just ask me!
What I'm talking about is the videos he posted. The factory designs and builds the car. not hennsesy, not lingenfelter, not any of these guys. They just mod them to sell them for guys that want something above and beyond factory.
They only test that really counts is factory to factory without any mods. This is because that's the way the factory designed and built it. I'm sure you got the fastest most bad ass challenger out their. We all feel that way about our cars.Without having the factory cars as a base to go by we could never compare any of them.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
AZ MSCL

Yup

Quote:
What I'm talking about is the videos he posted. The factory designs and builds the car. not hennsesy, not lingenfelter, not any of these guys. They just mod them to sell them for guys that want something above and beyond factory.
They only test that really counts is factory to factory without any mods. This is because that's the way the factory designed and built it. I'm sure you got the fastest most bad ass challenger out their. We all feel that way about our cars.Without having the factory cars as a base to go by we could never compare any of them.
I gotcha. I will give you the stock Camaro SS is faster than a stock RT, especially getting off the line. While I know some folks want to keep their car stock, I have always modded my muscle cars (as a kid at least, haven't had one for a long time). I'm having a blast and reliving my youth I suppose. I love'm all - muscle cars kick ass.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #24
AZ MSCL

Hah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAGD View Post
Want to get a Camaro owners panties knotted up, watch them get whipped at the track by a Wagon

Any given day, and the quality of the driver has a lot to do with it.

It is all jawing

-R
I just blew coffee out my nose!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #25
coolman

Quote:
I can't see the point in running down the other two american muscle cars. They are all great cars in their own way. NONE, of them are perfect and any of them can be made to out run the other. Your not a true muscle car fan If you can't get along with the other muscle car brotheren out their.Some people these days have no couth, when it comes to friendly rivalries.
Quote:
I gotcha. I will give you the stock Camaro SS is faster than a stock RT, especially getting off the line. While I know some folks want to keep their car stock, I have always modded my muscle cars (as a kid at least, haven't had one for a long time). I'm having a blast and reliving my youth I suppose. I love'm all - muscle cars kick ass.
If you would have read this quote you would see I'm not running down any of these fine cars I love them all. I was just pointing out a fact that he missed about the gt500.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #26
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
While I know some folks want to keep their car stock, I have always modded my muscle cars (as a kid at least, haven't had one for a long time). I'm having a blast and reliving my youth I suppose. I love'm all - muscle cars kick ass.
I totally agree.

When I bought my Mustang, I knew it was gonna be modded quickly. I just used the mags write ups on the stock GTs as a baseline as to where I was starting off at.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #27
AZ MSCL

I did

Quote:
If you would have read this quote you would see I'm not running down any of these fine cars I love them all. I was just pointing out a fact that he missed about the gt500.
I did read that quote, I understand, all is good in the world!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #28
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
I have an RT and it will hold it's own against a stock SS (or SRT for that matter). Yes it is modded and not all mods are public (no forced induction) and no, it's not stripped down, nor have I invested thousands of dollars into it.

Real muscle car lovers enjoy friendly rivalry, but when you intentionally put other muscle cars down... Frankly, I don't know what to say, other than you must be new to the muscle car world or just want attention. While not a big fan of challengertalk, it's funny how some people here make fun of other forums because of their attitude, but I see the same thing happening here. I joined this forum for camaraderie in the muscle car world and to make some local friends, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. Too bad, the Camaro is an icon in the muscle car world and I wouldn't dream of putting it down.

As for the "RT Kills" thread on challengertalk, I thought it was so stupid I posted a comment stating such and it killed the thread (until just recently). Check it out (post #512, last page). You might be interested in reading the very first post of "My R/T" on this forum: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37172

In closing, I just bought a 2010 Mustang GT Premium for my wife because she liked it, more so than the Challenger or the Camaro and she could have had either. I can also honestly state she knows more about new muscle cars than most salesmen (she embarrassed one). She too is a muscle car lover, goes to Barrett/Jackson every year and has bought 95% of the dozens of muscle rags in our house. Here's a pic of the 'stang- enjoy!

Well said. Well said indeed.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote