Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #127
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberstyx View Post
I 'd love to be able to play MP3z in the car, no matter how that is achieved from the factory (the CD player to recognise CDz and DVDz with folders and MP3z in them, have a USB port, have an iPod dock or whatever).

Although I was planning to get a small form factor PC in the back of my current car and a nice motorized touchscreen for the dash, I 'm not doing that if it spoils the looks of the Camaro.

But, in the end of the day, I only wanna play tons of MP3z without having to change CDz and the like, and that can be "easily" done by having an iPod with that nifty addon that makes the iPod broadcast in a user-given FM frequency - a frequency received by the car's radio ^^ Pretty easy.
I'd MUCH rather have the MP3 capability integrated into to radio. Best option would be to allow the insertion of a USB stick or a SD card. Not everyone wants to get tied to the monopolistic iPod and it's accessories.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #128
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'd MUCH rather have the MP3 capability integrated into to radio. Best option would be to allow the insertion of a USB stick or a SD card. Not everyone wants to get tied to the monopolistic iPod and it's accessories.
You don't necessarily have to use an iPod. Our Equinox has the MP3 jack that any MP3 player can hook up to.

I don't have an iPod...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #129
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
To be honest, I'd much rather use a USB port. It's simple, and easy to use...My question is when will we begin to see (at least i havn't seen it yet) hard drive storage capabilities in cars? Has this been done before and it didn't work out, or does it cost too much to add on the car, or is that just a stupid request???
Old 05-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #130
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Quote:
I'm confused... are you saying that the production headlights will be similar to the current style Corvette headlights?
I think the intent of the post was something along the lines of "since hideaways were eliminated on the C6 (because of weight and the cost of warranty claims), then it's pretty much a given they would not be on the Camaro."
Old 05-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #131
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
I think the intent of the post was something along the lines of "since hideaways were eliminated on the C6 (because of weight and the cost of warranty claims), then it's pretty much a given they would not be on the Camaro."

Bewt regardSS,

Elie
Not to mention they are not allowed oversees.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #132
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
To be honest, I'd much rather use a USB port. It's simple, and easy to use...My question is when will we begin to see (at least i havn't seen it yet) hard drive storage capabilities in cars? Has this been done before and it didn't work out, or does it cost too much to add on the car, or is that just a stupid request???
It's in plenty of cars today, even GM ones - the CTS has a hard drive.
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #133
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
It's in plenty of cars today, even GM ones - the CTS has a hard drive.
Thanks for the update... I have been officially schooled!

Last edited by Camaro_Corvette; 05-21-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #134
Sphinx002

I have an ipod and I'd love full integration like the personal link GM came out with but no one knows anything about (been asking the dealer for one for the Acadia for 4 months now and they know nothing about it even though it's sitting there in the Acadia brochure and was announced a year ago by GM). Have a stereo mini-jack input, an ipod integration system and sdhd card capable.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #135
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
You don't necessarily have to use an iPod. Our Equinox has the MP3 jack that any MP3 player can hook up to.

I don't have an iPod...

Is that just a jack for the headphone connector and you have to operate the MP3 player manually from it's controls and screen?

I'd rather there was a way to do it from the radio controls (on the steering wheel).

But this would all be moot if the radio could play music from a SD card or thumbdrive.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #136
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Thanks for the update...
I'm not sure I like the idea of a Hard Drive in a car... they are not known for lasting years and years.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #137
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Looks like we can narrow the color down by process of elimination.

Next guess: Was it Bumblebee yellow?
If it is Bumblebee Yellow, I will buy two sight unseen. A V8 for me and a V6 for my kid.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #138
Camaro_crazy

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Camaro_crazy
Hopefully it comes with bluetooth, because my Iphone can play music via bluetooth as well as through a cable. Plus the "hands free" law in California pretty much forces me to get bluetooth for my phone.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #139
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_crazy View Post
Hopefully it comes with bluetooth, because my Iphone can play music via bluetooth as well as through a cable. Plus the "hands free" law in California pretty much forces me to get bluetooth for my phone.
I'm right there with ya. I've been saying bluetooth since as far back as I can remember on this new Camaro.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #140
Sphinx002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_crazy View Post
I can confirm bluetooth. GM is going all bluetooth with new models, and retro'ing it to current models.

"On the Cadillac CTS, many feel it should be standard considering the market in which it competes. As for the Malibu, many feel it should be an option at the very least, especially on the high trim LTZ model.

When might we see Bluetooth integration make its way into GM vehicles, as an option or standard feature? The answer lies over at the GM FYI Blog. A reader going by the name of Talis asked "Why will GM not equip any car with Bluetooth integration?"

The Coordinator of GM Social Media Communications, Adam Denison took the question to Phil Colley of GM Performance Parts. His answer:

The Cadillac STS is currently equipped with Bluetooth technology, and we (General Motors) will offer the broadest rollout of Bluetooth in the industry by making it available on more than 30 models across all eight North American brands by the 2009 model year. We have already set the industry standard when it comes to in-vehicle safety, security and information services with OnStar, and are poised to be a leader in Bluetooth integration in the very near future.

Source: FYIBlog