Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
Rob53

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS VR Camaro convertible
Meet

Actually Fresno is a close to the geographic center of the state as you can get. For people coming from north or south its another 2 hours of driving once you leave 5 or 99, heading for the coast. I think doing it in a central location for the first time would draw more people because it is basically a single shot, get on 99 or 5 and when you get off, you are at your destination.

If this were successful, and you will certainly know by the number of people that show up, then maybe the 2nd all Cali meeting would be at a place close to the center of the state, other than Fresno. The people who attended the first would almost certainly attend, plus those not able to amke the first would be inticed by the numbers. Just my two cents, but making it easy for all should be our main concern. Like I said, if your coming down from Redding, or up from San Diego, it's basically one freeway all the way to the destination.
Rob53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
SLO? San Luis Obispo?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
hahaha, SLO FEST! We'll have to invite some mustangs to get the name to make any sense tho...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
i think it would be funny to make a bit of a joke out of the name and call it SLO Fest...but yeah, san luis obispo sounds like a good place for a meet!
Oh great, if somebody gripes about the name, their gonna come after me
Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #18
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
SLO? San Luis Obispo?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
CaliEMT
Decepticons. . . MOBILIZE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
There is FARMERS MARKET on Thursdays In SLO. Imagine if we got the organizers to allow us a spot where we can get ALL our 5th Gens into it, PPL would go CRAZYYY!
Theres BBQs, SHOPPING, WALKING, DIFF FOODS, and GIRLS! Lots of GIRLS! Its a College town. I think this would be AWESOME!
CaliEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #20
CaliEMT
Decepticons. . . MOBILIZE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
The Farmers Market there is awesome. Its right smack in down town SLO, and there is so much food, and live music! The stmosphere is very nice for a Camaro meet there. !!
CaliEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #21
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
This sounds like an awesome idea, BUT, I have talked to a few people and I'm thinking a place like San Louis Obispo would work better, I think that'd be a bit more fair to the SoCal guys as Fresno is much closer for the NorCal folks. Or maybe even Bakersfield??
Just missed the bakersfield event...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...13#post1543513

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #22
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Trevor I'm up for it, I think it's our turn to host anyway

Fresno would seem a good midway point at which to meet, and our group up here is raring to go! Will keep you posted on a good meeting place. When were you thinking might be a good time to do this?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
Rob53

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS VR Camaro convertible
Fresno

Wow, you guys sure tossed aside Fresno in a heartbeat. Thanks!
Rob53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #24
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob53 View Post
Actually Fresno is a close to the geographic center of the state as you can get. For people coming from north or south its another 2 hours of driving once you leave 5 or 99, heading for the coast. I think doing it in a central location for the first time would draw more people because it is basically a single shot, get on 99 or 5 and when you get off, you are at your destination.

If this were successful, and you will certainly know by the number of people that show up, then maybe the 2nd all Cali meeting would be at a place close to the center of the state, other than Fresno. The people who attended the first would almost certainly attend, plus those not able to amke the first would be inticed by the numbers. Just my two cents, but making it easy for all should be our main concern. Like I said, if your coming down from Redding, or up from San Diego, it's basically one freeway all the way to the destination.
I agree with Rob and trevor fresno is pretty centralized in cali. hell there is a even a part of the highway in fresno that has a palm tree and a pine tree next to each other to symbolize the exact center of california. I understand its a bit far from socal and but I think Trevor is trying to get everyone for a "big" cali meet. and in all honesty SLO is too far for norcal and even us cencal peeps. so to be "fair" for norcal and socal Fresno is the logical spot imo. if the momentum can be built up for this then we can have guys from the bay and sac along with guys from socal. and if we time it right we can make it a camaro weekend. Fresno is not far off the beatin track from yosemite and im sure 50+ cars in summer heading up the twisties of that scenic drive would inspire alot of commitment to making this happen. My .02cents
Old 03-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #25
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS View Post
I agree with Rob and trevor fresno is pretty centralized in cali. hell there is a even a part of the highway in fresno that has a palm tree and a pine tree next to each other to symbolize the exact center of california. I understand its a bit far from socal and but I think Trevor is trying to get everyone for a "big" cali meet. and in all honesty SLO is too far for norcal and even us cencal peeps. so to be "fair" for norcal and socal Fresno is the logical spot imo. if the momentum can be built up for this then we can have guys from the bay and sac along with guys from socal. and if we time it right we can make it a camaro weekend. Fresno is not far off the beatin track from yosemite and im sure 50+ cars in summer heading up the twisties of that scenic drive would inspire alot of commitment to making this happen. My .02cents
I vote FRESNO!!!

I love Yosemite!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #26
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

If we can coordinate and set a date in advance, then FRESNO it is!!!

Yosemite...maybe it will have to be a weekend thing!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #27
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
If Yosemite comes into play, it needs to be booked six months in advance for camping in the valley.

I've only ever driven through Fresno on the way to Yosemite. Once I let my dog out to poop there
Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #28
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
If Yosemite comes into play, it needs to be booked six months in advance for camping in the valley.
I don't want to be eaten by a bear, so I won't be camping...