Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #15
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I'm a mustang owner that will switch!! I love mustang but for some reason I do not want to buy the 05+ mustangs... I love the camaro new body and its got lots of power! Something the mustangs of right now just does not have! So I will be owning my first camaro soon!
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #16
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
I was a Mustang Lover. Right now I'm only 18 and I had my first experience with a V8 mustang when I was twelve. I had a family friend come by my house and he bought a brand new mustang at that time. He told me if I wanted to take a spin with him and i hapily hopped in the car. When he turned on that car, my whole perception of cars changed. The way exhaust was growling was magnificent and when we got on the main road, he floored the car and I can just remember that Torque. Absolutely amazing. From that point on, I wanted a Mustang and in 2005, i was going to buy one untill i saw the Camaro. So I always liked mustangs so I guess I am a switcher but now I am pure Chevy now.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #17
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
I just hope the Camaro will sound as nice as my stang.
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #18
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
wjones14, just wondering, have you seen the 2010 mustang and what do you think of it? I think it looks badass, my bro got a mineral grey v6 in 05 and i personally love it, i've been chirping him up though since my dad told me the new camaro was in the works in 05, my dad worked with GM, but theyre both great cars, no matter how week that v6 seems, it still is great, i know you have the GT, but styling wise, the new mustang looks great as well, if the new GT was beefed up, independent suspension, and hypetetically 420 horsepower, which one would you choose, i would stick with the Camaro because it is just what i loved since i was 4, but i know if i had an 05 GT that it would be a tough choice
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #19
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
I bought a Mustang simply because there was no Camaro or Trans Am after 2002 , before I owned a 1995 Trans Am LT1 , loved the car it had so much low end torque it really was a much quicker car than the Mustangs of that era and the stylin was unique , now I am on the side lines waiting for a price of a full load SS RS if it's too high I might buy a loaded 2010 GT Stang if the 5.0 is back ...
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #20
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
so with an equal price you would buy a mustang?
Old 10-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #21
OKC08SkyR/L

Drives: 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I have owned three Trans_Ams and two Mustang Cobras. If they build the 550hp Z28 I will buy it.
OKC08SkyR/L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #22
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC08SkyR/L View Post
I have owned three Trans_Ams and two Mustang Cobras. If they build the 550hp Z28 I will buy it.
We're all hoping for a Z28, but they will not build a Z28 that is faster than a Z06. It just doesn't make sense. They may build a ZL1 that is faster than a Z06 yet slower than a ZR1, but I wouldn't bank on that happening until GM returns its investment on the Camaro.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #23
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
We're all hoping for a Z28, but they will not build a Z28 that is faster than a Z06. It just doesn't make sense. They may build a ZL1 that is faster than a Z06 yet slower than a ZR1, but I wouldn't bank on that happening until GM returns its investment on the Camaro.
I agree, the max they will make a Z28 is 500HP which is still nothing to sneer at.
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #24
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Company loyalists will stick to Ford, but people interested in the pure performance of the car will probably get Camaros because it will outperform so much of the market. I'm sure GM will be delighted with the sales.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #25
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
I am completely biased in my thinknig, and I would never buy a Ford, I am a Chevy guy to the end. And as much as I respect Ford and the Mustang and what it has done for the market I will never purchase one. My first car was a'03 350Z, I always planned to get a Camaro, but as you know they stopped making it in 02, a year before I could drive. I never could bring myself to get a Mustang. But, my brother did in '05 with the new one. It was his first car, and he regrets it to this day, he has had nothing but trouble with it since he got it. Luckily, most of the work needed was covered under warranty and what wasn't was fixed as if it was because my Dad's friend owns a Ford dealer and helped us out. But, my brother will be purchasing a new Camaro as soon as it is out and he will be ditching the Stang.

As for me, right now I drive a Corvette, and while the Corvette is an awesome machine, it just isn't practical and to tell you the truth it's suspension is not meant for everyday roads with uneven grounds, potholes, bumps, etc.... it is meant for the track like conditions. And, because the Camaro and Vette have2 different independent suspensions (coil-over springs and leaf springs) the Camaro is more suited to drive on real everyday roads, and will be more enjoyable to drive!

I always wanted to have a Camaro and never had the opputunity to purchase one. So, when it is released I will be purchasing an SS to replace my Vette, because I am getting married next year and what better way to prepare for a family than to give up a Vette for 2 extra seats, and make the Mrs happy. And she loves the Camaro so it's all good!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #26
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
so with an equal price you would buy a mustang?
no , with a equal price I would definintely buy a SS . It's very unlikely a full load SS RS will be priced as low as a full load GT
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 AM   #27
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
Who will switch? The smart ones.

And i agree GM should make a camaro that is capable of smoking the GT500. tho with just some mods to the 422hp SS i think you can make it happen yourself.
TonytheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I never could bring myself to get a Mustang. But, my brother did in '05 with the new one. It was his first car, and he regrets it to this day, he has had nothing but trouble with it since he got it.
And for every guy like that, I could find a bunch who had nothing but good luck with the '05 Mustang. I'm one of them. 3-1/2 years and and 34K miles, with no problems. The car never went back to the dealer the whole time it was under warranty. And I drive it hard, including two HPDE events at Lime Rock Park and New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

But Ford sold 192,000 2005 Mustangs, so sure there were some that had problems, like any other car.

Consumer Reports and JD Power both say the 2005 Mustang is well above average in reliability.

Too bad for your brother though - he was one of the unlucky few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
wjones14, just wondering, have you seen the 2010 mustang and what do you think of it? I think it looks badass, my bro got a mineral grey v6 in 05 and i personally love it, i've been chirping him up though since my dad told me the new camaro was in the works in 05, my dad worked with GM, but theyre both great cars, no matter how week that v6 seems, it still is great, i know you have the GT, but styling wise, the new mustang looks great as well, if the new GT was beefed up, independent suspension, and hypetetically 420 horsepower, which one would you choose, i would stick with the Camaro because it is just what i loved since i was 4, but i know if i had an 05 GT that it would be a tough choice
That's a good question, and I don't know the answer. there are a lot of unanswered questions about the 2010 Mustang.

I'll put it this way - if the Mustang does have all they things you mention (420 hp, independent rear, etc.), then you can't really go wrong by choosing Camaro or Mustang. Both cars should rock hard (and stomp the import poseurs)!

I don't want to knock Japanese cars because their quality is excellent, etc., but one thing the Japanese never understood really was how to build a muscle car. Their cars never seem to have the necessary torque, and therefore lack that visceral seat-of-the-pants feel of the American V8. American muscle was always unsophisticated, but proud of it.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote