Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #2521
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Wow, did I miss a lot here or what? It looks to me that Windy, Speed, Paul and Blue took care of business
Thanks Guys!
Hey 2010 you get to drive any lately, how bout RS?
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #2522
midgard

Drives: red jewel camaro
Dudes....I didn't know about Livernois when I did the original work. Thats all. There is a lot more to the story, but regardless...my car rocks! Hope everyone is happy with what they got.

Bring it.

Base install at Lingenfelter with corsa was 470 rwhp plus....l99....ls3 was around 520 or 530 w corsa
midgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #2523
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Wow, did I miss a lot here or what? It looks to me that Windy, Speed, Paul and Blue took care of business
Thanks Guys!
Hey 2010 you get to drive any lately, how bout RS?
Nope, neither of us has driven lately. Between all the snow, and RS upgraded both our rear diff bushings, and put Pfadt front and rear sway bars and engine mounts on his. I am planning to drive her tomorrow or Saturday if the weather holds up.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #2524
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
[QUOTE=midgard;1520403]Dudes....I didn't know about Livernois when I did the original work. Thats all. There is a lot more to the story, but regardless...my car rocks! Hope everyone is happy with what they got.

Bring it.

Sorry Buddy I really didn't mean anything disrespectful towards you!! All of us guys and gals on this thread are very happy Lingenfelter customers. We don't go on any of the Livernois threads and tell everyone how good Lingenfelter is and that they have cheaper prices!! We all know that both shops are top notch but just like you I never heard about Livernois but I have known about Lingenfelter for a looonnnggg time.

I see that you are a fellow hoosier from Crown Point. I will "Bring it" to the fest in april or to any track in Indiana and we can sort this out then in a friendly fasion. My Lingenfelter built camaro in one lane and your Livernois built camaro in the other lane and let our built cars speak for thierselves. It would appear that after your trip to Livernois that we would be on the same page except mine is an automatic and yours appears to be a manual.
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #2525
midgard

Mine is an automatic.

Thanks...what is sad, is that when I first wrote that comment....I didn't just go to the website looking to start something....I just happened to google search looking for info on what other people had for RWHP on mods and I commented on a thread...didn't even know that it was the Lingenfelter site....my bad! I knew there were others on there that had those mods...which I did too originally (550)

My auto is 558.7/495 just for the record. And I didn't mean bring it to anyone specific.....what was your RWHP, etc.

Thanks..maybe I should look before I write! Once again I'm happy with both Lingenfelter and Livernois......I did the 550 mod and wanted more....it wasn't as economical to decide to improve that mod after the original work......so I was going to pay more doing them separately than you guys did for doing it all at once...oh well...thats how it goes.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #2526
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
Mine is an automatic.

Thanks...what is sad, is that when I first wrote that comment....I didn't just go to the website looking to start something....I just happened to google search looking for info on what other people had for RWHP on mods and I commented on a thread...didn't even know that it was the Lingenfelter site....my bad! I knew there were others on there that had those mods...which I did too originally (550)

My auto is 558.7/495 just for the record. And I didn't mean bring it to anyone specific.....what was your RWHP, etc.

Thanks..maybe I should look before I write! Once again I'm happy with both Lingenfelter and Livernois......I did the 550 mod and wanted more....it wasn't as economical to decide to improve that mod after the original work......so I was going to pay more doing them separately than you guys did for doing it all at once...oh well...thats how it goes.
nough said....time to move on, and let us get back to enjoying our favorite topic of discussion....... Bad Ass LINGENFELTER rides and builds!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #2527
midgard

You Got it..........thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #2528
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
WOW... I spend a quality evening with the wife and 4 year old and miss opening a 'Can of whoop ass' from all of you folks.. J/K

Midguard, sounds like you got it done the hard way.. 2 shops and 2 different build processes. (I imagine twice the cost as well, as you payed both quality shops for work.).

Please be cognizant that this thread is devoted to us strictly LPE junkies..

I guess with your ride you are still considered to be 1/2 LPE fanatic...?

there is a livernois thread on Camaro5 as well. None of us mean any disrespect, but we are pretty devoted to the one shop (LPE) and have been chatting specifically about the work LPE does in this thread on our rides to compare and contrast with each other in order to give each other new ideas and occasionally spread some BS towards each other.

Most of us have been chatting for over 6 months in this thread as it relates to LPE and parts that LPE makes. to progress our cars and share secrets with others.

I mean no disrespect towards Livernois, or yourself, but comments about Livernois do not belong in this thread. We are happy to chat about anything related to improve the HP of our cars.. for instance - Rev extreme oil catch cans, but "Livernois is better beacuse xx or yy" doesn't belong in this thread.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #2529
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Paul, is Tim at LPE gonna start charging you storage for the winter? Your car is becoming a permanent fixture there! Is LPE going to stripe the floor and hang a sign in the spot "reserved for PAUL"?

I remember you telling Tim and Kevin when I was there in SEPTEMBER that they could only have it for ONE WEEK TOPS.... LOLGranted, that was before you went off the deep end, and upgraded everything that could be upgraded.

You need to get that bad boy home before you are broke! That, and Windy wants to put his wife's caddy in that parking spot for some TLC.

Just messing with ya buddy!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #2530
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Paul, is Tim at LPE gonna start charging you storage for the winter? Your car is becoming a permanent fixture there! Is LPE going to stripe the floor and hang a sign in the spot "reserved for PAUL"?

I remember you telling Tim and Kevin when I was there in SEPTEMBER that they could only have it for ONE WEEK TOPS.... LOLGranted, that was before you went off the deep end, and upgraded everything that could be upgraded.

You need to get that bad boy home before you are broke! That, and Windy wants to put his wife's caddy in that parking spot for some TLC.

Just messing with ya buddy!
I hear ya I just don't no when to stop. I don't think I could have picked a better time to get this work done though. My car would have been in storage at my shop all this time anyway so it has worked out well. But I am hoping that I will be getting a call tomorrow from Tim to come and listen to the new headers!!
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #2531
midgard

Hey....I'll see you guys at Lingenfelter appreciation day...if there is an appreciation day

LIVEN LaRGE
Old 02-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #2532
midgard

LPE 550 auto vs base vette

about same price.....$50K for LPE 550 auto (close to what I paid combined base car and mod)....$50K for base vette....both can be had for cheaper...but overall cost is close.

I know there is talk about who would win..........well in a 0-60mph....er...so! Ha.....all I got to say is that after I had that mod done and I reved the engine to get this guy (prob about 35) to go (just up to the speed limit...of course it was within the speed limit!)....I pulled away from him....I don't think any base vette can beat the LPE 550 auto....and I think the camaro looks better, has more room....and faster...overall better deal.

Lingenfelter LPE 550 mod 477 rwhp/462 rwtq with corsa.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #2533
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
about same price.....$50K for LPE 550 auto (close to what I paid combined base car and mod)....$50K for base vette....both can be had for cheaper...but overall cost is close.

I know there is talk about who would win..........well in a 0-60mph....er...so! Ha.....all I got to say is that after I had that mod done and I reved the engine to get this guy (prob about 35) to go (just up to the speed limit...of course it was within the speed limit!)....I pulled away from him....I don't think any base vette can beat the LPE 550 auto....and I think the camaro looks better, has more room....and faster...overall better deal.

Lingenfelter LPE 550 mod 477 rwhp/462 rwtq with corsa.
Same goes for a stock ZO6 and the LPE 650 package...at least in a straight line. Just have to watch out you dont pick on a LPE Vette they are hard to spot.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #2534
midgard

I think the LPE 550 auto will even beat a less than avg driver in a zo6...based on how fast the start is.

Based on my own times....and those in mags for the manual (since they don't talk about the auto...which I think is faster by a little)....I think the LPE 550 auto will do 0-60 in about 3.7 (good tires) or 3.8.....zo6 is barely faster.....0-60 for LPE 570 was 3.9 in the one magazine....but it was a cold day....probably 0-60 in about 3.5 (with the right tires) for the LPE 650 manual from all accounts